PDA

View Full Version : with all the injuries this year

Iam4OUru
10/16/2011, 12:00 PM
Here's a thought.

Of the top 4 teams, which one could best sustain the loss of their starting qb to a season-ending injury?

OU = toast
OSU = toast
LSU = stuck with Jefferson
Bammer = probably the best shot

okierider
10/16/2011, 12:17 PM
If OUr defense can play to their potential ,we could still have a shot !!!
Surely we have a backup quarter back that can manage the game
But the Oline would have to buck up and run block !!!!

Iam4OUru
10/16/2011, 12:23 PM
I think Richardson would definitely be a much bigger loss for Bammer. With their ability to consistently run the ball and play defense....losing McCarron might not be that big of a deal.

LSU would be much less of an offensive threat with Jefferson...although some LSU fans would disagree.

With their porous defense, lil brother would be in dire straits without Grandpa.

I wish I could share your sentiments about OU without LJ.

SoonerLB
10/17/2011, 12:04 AM
Last night when Landry bounced the back of his helmet off the turf and immediatly grabbed his head I had a sinking feeling, glad he popped right back up and was OK. But it also had me thinking about why our backups are not getting more snaps. With Landry not being the most mobile of QB's, it seems some good game experience by Allen and especially Blake Bell could be a good investment. And besides, with Bell being our future, the thought of a mobile QB that throws well bodes for some added excitement to the offense, or so I hope.

AlbqSooner
10/17/2011, 07:11 AM
The team that could best sustain the loss of their starting qb to a season-ending injury is the whorns. Mediocre is mediocre whether it is first or second team.

BoulderSooner79
10/17/2011, 08:17 AM
This year's OU squad goes as far as LJ can take them. More snaps for Allen or Bell might be of help if LJ were to miss a game where we are heavy favorites, but mostly it would be an investment for future seasons. Given our style of offense, LJ is not likely to get hurt, but this is football. From what I saw Saturday, LJ can still benefit from more snaps.

The player I didn't like seeing out there late in 4th was Whaley. That guy has become a real key for us and took some big pops out there with us up by 3 scores and KU's offense unable to even get a first down. Seemed like a perfect time to gets some snaps for B. Williams.

cleller
10/17/2011, 08:18 AM
Don't know who Bama's #2 QB is, but if he came in everyone would be so focused on Richardson, something easy would open up.
LSU does have two experienced QB's, just depends on which fits crazy Lester's mood.