PDA

View Full Version : Will OU and Okie St both be undefeated when they meet ?

JLEW1818
10/16/2011, 11:53 AM
i just can't see it. looks good on paper tho.

JLEW1818
10/16/2011, 11:57 AM
either way... it's still prlly for the big12

Iam4OUru
10/16/2011, 12:06 PM
Has it ever happened....both unbeaten for Bedlam?

CowboyMRW
10/16/2011, 12:10 PM
Who do you see losing JLEW? Not flaming, but honestly who do you see OSU losing to before Bedlam?

Without the crimson colored glasses and remarks of "oh, well OSU is bound to have an obvious meltdown in the next few weeks, or Poke Choke, or well, OSU has never done it so there's no way they can just magically start winning now"?

Our toughest game remaining is next week at Mizzou, so if we win that one, we should sail into Bedlam as the #3 team in the nation against yall with a game that will decide who will be playing for the right to get curbstomped by the SEC.

IronHorseSooner
10/16/2011, 12:21 PM
Both will be undefeated...

Iam4OUru
10/16/2011, 12:32 PM
Actually, I think Poke will be and I hope we are.

cleller
10/16/2011, 12:33 PM

Sure looks like the most likely scenrio. Mizzou at least has a shot at knocking off OSU in Columbia, I think, but not a great shot.

cleller
10/16/2011, 12:33 PM

Sure looks like the most likely scenrio. Mizzou at least has a shot at knocking off OSU in Columbia, I think, but not a great shot.

cccasooner2
10/16/2011, 12:48 PM
IMHO, OSU will be 9-2 when they meet and finish 9-3.

oudavid1
10/16/2011, 12:56 PM
Just remember, they lost to Nebraska (who is really not that good) at home last year. Taylor Martinez threw 5 touchdowns on them. OSU has had a average to bad defense every year. They have Baylor and KState at home, but then have to go to Lubbock. Not saying they are gonna lose, but I would bet against them to win-out.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/16/2011, 01:02 PM
Mizzou has a very good shot at beating Oklahoma St. because they have a QB, a running back and receiving corps that can do damage to Oklahoma St.'s bad defense and on the other side of the ball, they can get pressure on Weeden and road games are a challenge for everyone. It's better that Oklahoma St. wins though.

BigTip
10/16/2011, 01:04 PM
I like to answer this type question by deciding what kind of odds I would need to bet on it. I would for sure need more than an even bet. Both teams' remaining schedules are full of potential problems. For example I am sure we both beat Baylor, but I wouldn't bet the house on it, because.....sh*t happens.

Give me two to one and I'll say we'll both be undefeated.

SoonerinSouthlake
10/16/2011, 02:43 PM
lets hope that are un D

otherwise people will be campaigning to keep us out of the natl title game in favor or LSU/Bama rematch

I know its unlikely...but these days I dont put it past the voters to give a 1 loss Bama team the nod over us based on national hype and the eyball test.

Dan Thompson
10/16/2011, 02:46 PM
I think both teams will be.

Iam4OUru
10/16/2011, 02:52 PM
lets hope that are un D

otherwise people will be campaigning to keep us out of the natl title game in favor or LSU/Bama rematch

I know its unlikely...but these days I dont put it past the voters to give a 1 loss Bama team the nod over us based on national hype and the eyball test.

The chance of a team playing for a national title without at least playing for their conference title is now unlikely. I know about OU and Nebraska. Their egg-layin' is a big part of the reason why. Now, there might come a time when there is no other alternative and that's why it is an unwritten law...not a part of the BS qualifications. They've fixed themselves an out.

brokenarrowboomer
10/16/2011, 07:21 PM
Missouri will be a tough test for OSU, and Kansas st. will be a very tough game for OU. I think one of them will slip up.

CowboyMRW
10/16/2011, 07:25 PM
I'm still not sold on Kansas State. I still think OSU and OU for that matter, roll by 3+ tds.

SoonerKnight
10/16/2011, 08:03 PM
I'm still not sold on Kansas State. I still think OSU and OU for that matter, roll by 3+ tds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8DVjU5ajUk

Just a reminder!! And this was a not so good Sooner team against the "World's Greatest Offense!"

CowboyMRW
10/16/2011, 08:23 PM
I remember this game very vividly. 2009 was no where near the World's Greatest Offense. That was 2007 I believe.

Our team took a huge hit this year without Dez, Kendall, and whatever Zac was that season.

Also, I don't know what that game has to do with this year

stoops the eternal pimp
10/16/2011, 08:51 PM
Both teams have some tough games left, but bottom line...These are the 2 best football teams in the conference and should be without losses.

oumartin
10/16/2011, 08:57 PM
I dont' see anyone beating OSU and OU is alot better than anyone they play from here on out but I am scared they may lay an egg in Manhattan

StoopTroup
10/16/2011, 08:58 PM
Who do you see losing JLEW? Not flaming, but honestly who do you see OSU losing to before Bedlam?

Possibly Missouri, Baylor, K-State, Texas Tech or ISU.

SoonerKnight
10/16/2011, 08:58 PM
I remember this game very vividly. 2009 was no where near the World's Greatest Offense. That was 2007 I believe.

Our team took a huge hit this year without Dez, Kendall, and whatever Zac was that season.

Also, I don't know what that game has to do with this year

I saw a not so good OSU team play texas. I don't see OSU even remotely competing this year with OU!! That's all! I just don't see it!! I can post the 2007 game too!!

stoops the eternal pimp
10/16/2011, 09:00 PM
K state concerns me for us and I think may be trouble for them also..

stoops the eternal pimp
10/16/2011, 09:01 PM
I saw a not so good OSU team play texas. I don't see OSU even remotely competing this year with OU!! That's all! I just don't see it!! I can post the 2007 game too!!

honestly, you don't think osu is very good? or are you just giving him hell?

soonerman4life
10/16/2011, 09:09 PM
Assuming both teams are undefeated, and I think they will be, the simple fact is that the pokes don't match up. There's no doubt that the pokie offense will get their share of points because they have a good offense. The fact is though, they are completely outmatched on the defensive side of the ball. I think we all saw how even the tejas defense can rattle weedboy and OU's defense will be like none he's ever seen.
Prediction: OU goes to lil brothers house and wins by at least 10.

BigTip
10/16/2011, 09:15 PM
Possibly Missouri, Baylor, K-State, Texas Tech or ISU.

Exactly. None of those teams are complete patsies. Sure they'll be favored in every game, but..........

StoopTroup
10/16/2011, 09:20 PM
Exactly. None of those teams are complete patsies. Sure they'll be favored in every game, but..........

The NFL used to say..."Any given Sunday".

The NCAA should say...."Any Given Saturday".

It's just how it is....

abbie lite needs a reality check....especially MRW.

Pricetag
10/16/2011, 09:24 PM
Oklahoma State, 2001
Texas A&M, 2002
Oklahoma State, 2002
Kansas State, 2003
Colorado, 2007
Texas Tech, 2007
Missouri, 2010
Texas A&M, 2010

Oklahoma State is one of the top teams in the country. Top teams in the country regularly lose games they have no business losing. I don't think OSU has been bitten by this yet. When will it happen?

CowboyMRW
10/16/2011, 09:33 PM
The NFL used to say..."Any given Sunday".

The NCAA should say...."Any Given Saturday".

It's just how it is....

abbie lite needs a reality check....especially MRW.

I know that we can lose at any moment. I've been watching CFB for a long time. I've seen teams that have no business being on the same field, spring upsets on teams.

But I as a fan have no bearing on the teams play. Sure, I have my gameday rituals and superstitions but nothing I can't suit up and play. Therefore, since OSU will be favored in every game up until December 3rd, my hope will spring eternal. I'll still attend every home game, and the away games that I can, and cheer as loud as I can, but I really expect a undefeated Bedlam, #2 vs. #3.

At first with our schedule, I was upset but then I started finding out game times, and so far, we've been blessed. AnM and Texas at 2:30. Mizzou is at 11 a.m. next week. This is a lot better than extremely drunk and rowdy crowds.

I realize there are tough games left, but I still think that we will be undefeated come Bedlam. There's just something about this team that makes me believe it.

If a reality check is a loss for OSU, then no thanks ;)

TrophyCollector
10/16/2011, 09:57 PM
I really don't care if OSU has 0 losses or 5 losses, as long as we give them one more.

Pricetag
10/16/2011, 10:23 PM
I don't get how people continue to expect us to kick *** in Stillwater. We haven't had a routine win there, regardless of the strength of OSU or their seasonal situation, since 1994.