PDA

View Full Version : feeling while at the game...

Soonerjeepman
10/16/2011, 09:46 AM
we started out slow...and even in the 4th...it was weird...honestly felt like ku was a score away from winning...lol..

the stats were actually amazing...the 2nd half was unbelievable defense...OU didn't play "great"..red-zone/TO's..and left 23 points on the field and still won by 30, double every stat of ku's, held ku to below avg offensive stats....just a weird feeling to the game.

With the injuries (ku lineman ended up being ok thank God) and the 7 minute review of Ryan's fumble* there was no flow...
but a win is a win...ksu will be fun!

MyT Oklahoma
10/16/2011, 10:06 AM
I don't think KSU will be any fun at all. Expect a dog fight.

BoulderSooner79
10/16/2011, 10:19 AM
I don't think KSU will be any fun at all. Expect a dog fight.

It's a GAME - it's supposed to be fun.

MyT Oklahoma
10/16/2011, 10:24 AM
If we win then it's a lot of fun. If we lose then yes it's just a game.

I've mellowed over the years and take losses in stride.

But I expect a dog fight in Manhattan this year.

fadada1
10/16/2011, 10:46 AM
i'm not so concerned with kstate. they win semi-big against a jr. high team, squeak one out against a high school program, barely beat a bad miami team, barely get by mizzou and tech, and win by 1 against a team that only has one player. the only thing on their side is they're learning to win. i think kstate is in for a long afternoon against us.

soonercoop1
10/16/2011, 10:50 AM
i'm not so concerned with kstate. they win semi-big against a jr. high team, squeak one out against a high school program, barely beat a bad miami team, barely get by mizzou and tech, and win by 1 against a team that only has one player. the only thing on their side is they're learning to win. i think kstate is in for a long afternoon against us.

OU will have to bring their A game to beat Snyder in Manhattan....guy is obviously a great coach...look what he has to work with...wonder what he would do with OU type talent...

delhalew
10/16/2011, 11:14 AM
The offense will have to have it's **** together. You don't want to stumble against Snyder.

StoopTroup
10/16/2011, 11:49 AM
The offense will have to have it's **** together. You don't want to stumble against Snyder.

Snyder is ****ting his pants about Bob coming to town and he still has a Game to play against KU next week. I bet it's a good game. I might even take KU and the points.

Plexis22
10/16/2011, 12:04 PM
I was there too. OU fans were frustrated and therefore pretty quiet. KU fans were pretty pathetic, didn't even come close to filling their stadium for the biggest game of the year and the ones there weren't into the game outside of them tying it up at 10 in the 2nd. Even after dominating in the second half most OU fans were still pissed about the lackluster first half. KU has nice fans though and their campus and Lawrence are great places. It has a very Midwest vibe, more like Michigan or Ohio State than OU, OSU, Texas, etc

oudavid1
10/16/2011, 12:59 PM
I think if we finished with 4 moar TDs than field goals, everyone feels better. EVERYONE

Sco
10/16/2011, 01:06 PM
It's amazing how awful I felt watching the game versus seeing the stats afterwards. Not our best effort by a long shot, but in the end it was a win. Hopefully they don't make a habit of playing like this.

Soonerfan88
10/16/2011, 01:10 PM
I have come to accept this as a tradeoff for the exciting games against FSU, Texas, etc. You just can't expect these guys to stay on that adrenaline high every week. Luckily, we have teams like KU as a let down.

And I expect most of the East coast media was already in bed and the West coast was caught up in Oregon/ASU so all they will see is the stat sheet.

SoonerJack
10/16/2011, 01:47 PM
I was at the game too, and the comments so far have been pretty spot on. Frustrating to watch the guys not perform up to their potential. There were some beautiful offensive plays (thank you Ryan and Landry, Roy Finch). Defense in the second half was straight up sick. First half, ugh. Beautiful night for football. Glad I got to see Ryan break the record.

Soonerjeepman
10/16/2011, 01:49 PM
Ksu's defense isn't very good. Tech only punted twice and had close to 600 yards on them. Ints for TDs, blocked kicks and turnovers did tech in.

didn't know that...although I do think Snyder is really good coach..and he has had good gameplans against both baylor and mu...keep their offense off the field...I do think out D will stack the box and dare klein to throw.

lol...yeah after seeing the stats at the end of the game my buddy and I were like...amazing...didn't FEEL that way..lol

SoonerJack
10/16/2011, 01:54 PM
after witnessing a KSU team that didn't have a chance steal the 2003 Big XII championship game from us, I trust nothing in purple and silver. We better bring our A game to Manhattan.

StoopTroup
10/16/2011, 01:56 PM
jeep....that's it right there....go look at what Snyder the Brain let Tech do and then people will start thinking about what Bob/Josh/Jay and Landry and company will do to K-State. Snyder has no answers. Chuck long got the KU offense to play their best 1st half of football last night.

Many of our fans just aren't sold on how we can come in get a few mosquito bites and then wipe out malaria by the 4th qtr.

They will come around.

cleller
10/16/2011, 03:09 PM
Snyder is a sneaky snake, but I don't think he has the personnel to beat us.

picasso
10/16/2011, 07:35 PM
wonder what he would do with OU type talent...
He would **** it up.

ouwasp
10/16/2011, 11:28 PM
after witnessing a KSU team that didn't have a chance steal the 2003 Big XII championship game from us, I trust nothing in purple and silver. We better bring our A game to Manhattan.

Amen

Breadburner
10/16/2011, 11:31 PM
Darren Sproles......

vtsooner21
10/17/2011, 07:40 AM
Two words: Austin Box.....Should give the Sooners the jolt they need in any situation & any game. #12 forever!
Boomer

thecrimsoncrusader
10/17/2011, 07:59 AM
The difference between this year's OU/KSU game and the 2003 game is OU has to win this one to play for the NC. Unfortunately, OU didn't have to win the one in 2003 and proceeded to play that way and got whipped.

picasso
10/17/2011, 08:05 AM
Darren Sproles......
Didnt' do jack **** against us in Manhattan in '04.

Soonerjeepman
10/17/2011, 08:21 AM
I do BELIEVE that even if ksu brings it's A game...as long as we bring ours no problem....I do like our resilience...it will be a good time (hopefully)...definitely before the game I'll be tailgating with my ksu buds...

Beat the raiders!!

BOOMER SOONER!

OULenexaman
10/17/2011, 08:31 AM
Ksu's defense isn't very good. Tech only punted twice and had close to 600 yards on them. Ints for TDs, blocked kicks and turnovers did tech in. KSU defense made HUGE adjustments at 1/2 time and only allowed 2 field goals in the 2nd 1/2. So from your stand point INTs for TDS and blocked kicks don't count for D and special teams units? KSU is making big plays in all phases of the game right now. And they came from behind and had their 1st win EVER in Lubbock. I fear the cat.

Sooners78
10/17/2011, 09:13 AM
That 2003 KSU team had more talent than this one. Stoops, Josh, and V will have us ready.

Soonerfan88
10/17/2011, 09:22 AM
The last time we were in Manhattan, Prince was the coach and it was 35-35 at the half. I think the final score was 58-35 or something close.

cvsooner
10/17/2011, 09:27 AM
Exactly. KSU is something and someplace to fear. Or at least have a healthy respect for.

OULenexaman
10/17/2011, 09:36 AM
need to eat our Wheaties for this one....

tcrb
10/17/2011, 12:24 PM
This OU team has the uncanny ability to bring the pain when they need to. They've had two sleepwalk games now and managed to win both by double digits. I don't believe that there's any way they are going to let any of the remaining teams on the schedule sneak up on them.