PDA

View Full Version : finch, wort, stills, clay, ...

ouwino
10/16/2011, 07:28 AM
any word on any of these guys???? what happened and how they are. ???

Dixon
10/16/2011, 07:44 AM
I'm concerned about Nelson. Didn't like the way he was holding his arm.

ouwino
10/16/2011, 10:34 AM
I'm concerned about Nelson. Didn't like the way he was holding his arm.

me as well, just forgot to list his name.

delhalew
10/16/2011, 11:17 AM
Finch was pretty electric. That guy just refuses to go down.

IronHorseSooner
10/16/2011, 11:21 AM
Stills came back in and was walking around on the sidelines. I think Clay was held out for precautions. Finch was up walking around as well. Wort was held out for precautions as well. I saw Nelson walking around as well, but I am less sure.

hotshot13422
10/16/2011, 11:26 AM
Nelson is the only one we have to worry about. Stoops said Nelson was fine; of course no one believes him

sooner59
10/16/2011, 11:34 AM
Nelson in having an x-ray right now actually. The twitter says so.

Wort tweeted that he was still at the hospital around 4 am this morning.

Still came back in the game, looked fine.

Finch looked like he got poked in the eye or something.

Clay was suited up on the sidelines but wearing a cowboy collar. Probably just precautions still.

StoopTroup
10/16/2011, 11:40 AM
So they are all still alive? :D

StoopTroup
10/16/2011, 11:44 AM
Stills came back in and was walking around on the sidelines. I think Clay was held out for precautions. Finch was up walking around as well. Wort was held out for precautions as well. I saw Nelson walking around as well, but I am less sure.

Yeah they really seem to take Concussions seriously right now. Fans just aren't really used to them holding guys out for a week during the Season. Many of us were raised that you play past the pain....but let's face it...Concussions aren't pain...they usually are injuries that don't show up right a way and can kill. Better to be on the safe side than lose a player permanent.

IronHorseSooner
10/16/2011, 11:52 AM
Yeah they really seem to take Concussions seriously right now. Fans just aren't really used to them holding guys out for a week during the Season. Many of us were raised that you play past the pain....but let's face it...Concussions aren't pain...they usually are injuries that don't show up right a way and can kill. Better to be on the safe side than lose a player permanent.

I think it is great that they are taking concussions seriously, better to be safe than sorry.

Soonerfan88
10/16/2011, 12:14 PM
I may be in the minority, but I would trade #8 this year for any player's continued quality of life. I would rather see OU lose a game this year than have Clay suffer for the rest of his life due to multiple concussions. Brain injuries are nothing to joke about.

okierider
10/16/2011, 12:24 PM
I may be in the minority, but I would trade #8 this year for any player's continued quality of life. I would rather see OU lose a game this year than have Clay suffer for the rest of his life due to multiple concussions. Brain injuries are nothing to joke about.

I second that motion !!!!

delhalew
10/16/2011, 12:46 PM

I would think 99% of us feel that way.

SoonerObsession
10/16/2011, 12:51 PM
You would have thought Stills was out for the season the way he was acting.

Neath a Western Sky
10/16/2011, 12:56 PM
Nelson in having an x-ray right now actually. The twitter says so.

Wort tweeted that he was still at the hospital around 4 am this morning.

Still came back in the game, looked fine.

Finch looked like he got poked in the eye or something.

Clay was suited up on the sidelines but wearing a cowboy collar. Probably just precautions still.

Who was being treated/observed at the hospital till 4 a.m., Wort or Nelson?

sooner59
10/16/2011, 01:32 PM
Wort

OUVarsityXV
10/16/2011, 02:38 PM
I just saw this on twitter from Corey Nelson

@C_Ne7son Few torn legiments,no fractures,or broken bones. Doc. Said im good and im fine its just gonna be sore for awhile.

That was the main injury to be focused on as it looked the most serious. Everyone is in good shape time to get ready for Tech!

BoonesFarmSooner
10/16/2011, 02:58 PM
Man, that is great news on Corey Nelson!

BoomerJ
10/16/2011, 03:08 PM
Torn legiments still sounds pretty nasty to me. Good thing nothings broken, though.

cccasooner2
10/16/2011, 03:16 PM
Corey's been doing some good things that don't show up in the stats. Here's to him healing fine (torn anything sounds painfull though). Tom took a pretty good knock on his head, I hope he sits out a game, we'll be OK with Bird against TT I believe.

LVSOONER15
10/16/2011, 03:52 PM
You would have thought Stills was out for the season the way he was acting.

That's what I thought.

Frozen Sooner
10/16/2011, 04:31 PM
Hyperextending your knee hurts like a bitch.

VA Sooner
10/16/2011, 06:32 PM
Nelson with torn ligaments? Is he out for a while?

I thought Jaydan Bird looked good out there... give him more playing time just in case.

spanielboy
10/16/2011, 07:12 PM
In regards to Corey Nelson, where on his body did he tear ligaments? I don't think I saw where the injury was?

cvsooner
10/17/2011, 09:25 AM
Arm.

70sooner
10/17/2011, 03:45 PM
What about Good? Does he have a concussion or what?

unbiasedtruth
10/17/2011, 03:54 PM
Stills, he was faking...... :)

OUVarsityXV
10/17/2011, 04:30 PM
The Casey Walker injury may be a big one too. He has looked absolutely beastly this season and we can not afford that man to go down.

Frozen Sooner
10/17/2011, 04:42 PM
He's playing through it.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/17/2011, 04:51 PM
Hyperextending your knee hurts like a bitch.

Yeah, that's why him shaking like that made me think it wasn't an ACL...

NormanPride
10/17/2011, 04:54 PM
Yeah, it's when they look at their knee like "WTF?" but don't look in pain that you really worry...

Unless it's a McGahee and then you just wish the kid luck over the next three years of recovery.

EDIT: Wait, what Casey Walker injury? Dammit... he's the key to our D going from pretty good to great this year.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/17/2011, 04:56 PM
I remember Lance Mitchell walking off the field and knowing man, he is done for the year...

sooneredaco
10/17/2011, 07:10 PM
I just saw this on twitter from Corey Nelson

@C_Ne7son Few torn legiments,no fractures,or broken bones. Doc. Said im good and im fine its just gonna be sore for awhile.

That's what it means to be tough as sh!t. I'd be out like a light

OUVarsityXV
10/17/2011, 08:15 PM
Yeah, it's when they look at their knee like "WTF?" but don't look in pain that you really worry...

Unless it's a McGahee and then you just wish the kid luck over the next three years of recovery.

EDIT: Wait, what Casey Walker injury? Dammit... he's the key to our D going from pretty good to great this year.

I saw on another site that he was one of the players that sat the second half out. I am unsure if it is serious or not.

sooner94
10/18/2011, 07:48 PM
Nelson is a tough dude and I'm not making light of his injury, but its a sprain. It looked like he was holding his wrist so I assume that was it. Sprains are pretty common obviously and they involve some level of injury to the ligaments in a joint (anything from stretching to partial tear to complete tear). Not to be confused with a strain, which is an injury to a tendon (I remember a hilarious interview where Stoops was getting irritated with a reporter who was asking questions about a player's injury and Stoops explained the difference between a strain and a sprain). He'll probably wear a soft cast or brace to protect it during games until it heals. Easy for me to say sitting on my couch. Great news that Nelson is not hurt worse.

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, but I did break and severely sprain an ankle last year so got familiar with the lingo. And I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

From an overall injury perspective, we have gotten hit with the injury bug this year more than most teams.