PDA

View Full Version : "Gameday to be in Manhattan for OU Game"

oudavid1
10/16/2011, 02:34 AM
Heard this on the animal tonight after the game.

Who saw this coming back in August.

Bill Snyder is a great coach.

StoopTroup
10/16/2011, 02:40 AM
Snyder wishes he was as good as Bob.

I think mack takes Snyder for control of the jello tray at the Bobby Bowden Retirement Home for Head Coaches.

oudavid1
10/16/2011, 02:45 AM

I think mack takes Snyder for control of the jello tray at the Bobby Bowden Retirement Home for Head Coaches.

The fact that they have almost no real talent and are undefeated this year, not to mention just flat out over-achieving(again) under Snyder shows that the guy can flat out coach. Stoops learned a lot from Snyder.

SoonerKnight
10/16/2011, 02:56 AM
We better show up for this one!!!

StoopTroup
10/16/2011, 02:58 AM
The fact that they have almost no real talent and are undefeated this year, not to mention just flat out over-achieving(again) under Snyder shows that the guy can flat out coach. Stoops learned a lot from Snyder.

It was the other way around. Snyder has lost a lot of games to Bob. Bob beat his Team's when we had less talent than we do now. Snyder is good at getting production out of decent players which IMHO makes him a better Coach than Gumby.

Please tell me about Snyder's trips to the BCS National Championship Games.

Don't believe everything you hear on the radio.

Mark_in_Tulsa
10/16/2011, 03:12 AM
It was the other way around. Snyder has lost a lot of games to Bob. Bob beat his Team's when we had less talent than we do now. Snyder is good at getting production out of decent players which IMHO makes him a better Coach than Gumby.

Please tell me about Snyder's trips to the BCS National Championship Games.

Don't believe everything you hear on the radio.

He never said Snyder was better than Bob.

StoopTroup
10/16/2011, 03:26 AM
He never said Snyder was better than Bob.

Uh huh....whatever.

Stoops learned a lot from Snyder.

Flagstaffsooner
10/16/2011, 07:09 AM

I think mack takes Snyder for control of the jello tray at the Bobby Bowden Retirement Home for Head Coaches.Dats some funny $hit.

cleller
10/16/2011, 07:42 AM
The Best Western of the Plains just filled up.

sooner KB
10/16/2011, 08:30 AM
I listened to the entire post-game show. They were speculating that there would be a good chance that it would be there. They figured it was between that game and Stanford/USC. Obvious Al and Jim wouldn't have inside ESPN info on something that is still a couple weeks away.

Soonerjeepman
10/16/2011, 09:53 AM
obviously....duh on me...if we are both 7-0 going into the game, we'll both be in the top 15 bsc...course espin will use the ap poll...which will still have an sec team #1 (if the bsc has OU #1)....but got to imagine they'd be there..

MyT Oklahoma
10/16/2011, 10:03 AM
If we don't play any better than last night.. such as playing in spurts.. we're in for a dog fight in Manhattan.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/16/2011, 10:04 AM
I'm glad the SA made that decision for ESPN David..

Lott's Bandana
10/16/2011, 11:04 AM
I gots some vCash that says it ain't.

ESPN is due for some Luck hype, and the choice between the West Coast and Lil Apple?

Exactly.

IronHorseSooner
10/16/2011, 11:10 AM
Could it be that we could have Gameday at our games 4 times this year, but not a one in Norman? (FSU, *,K-State, and potentially OSU)

JLEW1818
10/16/2011, 11:13 AM
i figured it would be. make it at 230 please!!!!!!!!!

GottaHavePride
10/16/2011, 11:48 AM
FYI, this is speculation. ESPN has NOT announced where Gameday will be that week. And they've already been at two of our games. I doubt we get it again until MAYBE the B-word.

Plexis22
10/16/2011, 11:53 AM
I hope they aren't there. If we are both undefeated it will be a 7 pm national game. Their fans will be just as juiced as the FSU fans. They may not have a huge stadium but it gets loud and they hate OU. I think OU will be more focused than they were for KU.

ouwino
10/16/2011, 11:59 AM
it will also be K-State's homecoming i believe??? their crowd will be pumped. it will be a very hostile environment. better show up with our "A" game.

BoomerJ
10/17/2011, 08:38 AM
Can you imagine the Gameday set with cows grazing in the background and Desmond saying, "what's that smell?"

badger
10/17/2011, 08:48 AM
Good for KSU. They aren't a terrible program with Old Man Snyder* at the helm and while they'll never be good unless Snyder is coaching, enjoy it while he's still around, purple dudes.

*Not quite as old as Old Man Weeden

PrideMom
10/17/2011, 08:51 AM
Watch for late hits in this game! OU's offensive line better protect Landry in this one.

oudavid1
10/17/2011, 08:54 AM
Watch for late hits in this game! OU's offensive line better protect Landry in this one.

This reminds me of high school when coach told all the lineman to walk the QBs around, from bus to field and then back again.

Dan Thompson
10/17/2011, 08:59 AM
The cows in the backgroud -

"That's the smell of freedom. " I can just hear someone saying that now.

We all know that's BS.

delhalew
10/17/2011, 09:00 AM
And the line better watch their knees while they're at it.

ouwasp
10/17/2011, 09:16 AM
I'm sorta hoping GameDay is not at ksu. It's not like OU needs the exposure. And the cat fans will already be whipped into a frenzy. Just need to survive and advance.

allanace16
10/17/2011, 03:55 PM
I'm sorta hoping GameDay is not at ksu. It's not like OU needs the exposure. And the cat fans will already be whipped into a frenzy. Just need to survive and advance.

Problem with that is if Gameday being there means we can't survive Manhattan, we sure as hell wouldn't survive Stillwater anyway....

And as someone that was at the FSU game, I'll be damned if either one of those comes close to what the environment was at Doak.

LVSOONER15
10/17/2011, 04:01 PM
It going to show again that we can win big games on the road. It might be tough, but we come out with a win.

agoo758
10/20/2011, 01:47 AM

If Snyder had Texas-esque resources and recruiting pools, he might be.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/20/2011, 01:54 AM
If Snyder had Texas-esque resources and recruiting pools, he might be.He's an amazingly good coach. It's a wonder that a big-time program didn't ever hire him when he was younger.

Serge Ibaka
10/20/2011, 02:14 AM
It going to show again that we can win big games on the road. It might be tough, but we come out with a win.
This^

I'm not scared. After the Florida State game & Texas, I'm feeling confident in this team. I know that there have been let-downs (Mizzou and KU), but I think they're just bored. I want to see what they're made of; I want a raucous K State crowd in primetime.

It'll just be that much more neat to get the win. And the extra-exposure is good for the program.

jellyfish
10/20/2011, 04:39 AM
he has done a good job.

MrJimBeam
10/20/2011, 06:29 AM
He's an amazingly good coach. It's a wonder that a big-time program didn't ever hire him when he was younger.
He was pretty old once K-State started winning big. He was at KSU in '87, it wasn't till 10 later they were playing for Big 12 championship.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/20/2011, 12:16 PM
He was pretty old once K-State started winning big. He was at KSU in '87, it wasn't till 10 later they were playing for Big 12 championship.I know, but I'm STILL surprised he wasn't hired by some college with a better situation than purple aggy.

proudsoonergal
10/20/2011, 12:22 PM
Game is at 2:30, btw.

badger
10/20/2011, 12:25 PM
I remember back when Lee Corso used to pick KSU all of the time against us (and we kept beating them) I sincerely hope that they pull it off against KU so that this gameday thing happens.

picasso
10/20/2011, 01:21 PM
If Snyder had Texas-esque resources and recruiting pools, he might be.
He had as much talent as we did in 2000 and lost twice to us.

badger
10/20/2011, 01:26 PM
He had as much talent as we did in 2000 and lost twice to us.

Ja, but then our most talented team ever lost the Big 12 title game to their knee blows :mad:

The Maestro
10/20/2011, 01:48 PM
Looking at KSU stats...interesting. Absolutely nothing sexy. When they run for 200 yards the other team seems to have paltry stats...pretty sure KSU would love to shorten the game with us. We have to know that. Their QB hasn't thrown the ball for big numbers at all this year...pretty sure their passing offense is not in the top 100 in the nation.

4-0 turnover advantage against Texas Tech. Did really slow down Mizzou offense...Franklin just 214 yards passing...but the fact they only beat Eastern Kentucky 10-7...that is just nuts. Biggest games were at home. They average 330 yards and a 29-20 win...but it has worked for an unbeaten season so far. Honestly, if we shut down the run and take care of the ball we destroy them.

IBleedCrimson
10/20/2011, 02:15 PM

never understood this attitude. since when do we shy away from challenges?

being battle hardened is key to winning championships. if we can't beat a kstate team that we out talent at nearly every position, how are we to compete with teams that match us in talent?

badger
10/20/2011, 02:24 PM
How often do we lose Gameday games? I think Mizzou last year was one, and OU-Texas a few years ago, but that's it in recent history.

All the OU-OSU games, several OU-A&M games, the 2007 Mizzou fun, we won all of those in recent years when Gameday crew is in town.

jaux
10/20/2011, 03:14 PM
The horsepigs will be mauled fer sure.

swardboy
10/20/2011, 03:37 PM
Yeah, well I'd like to see Snyder do it with his own players!

Boo

badger
10/20/2011, 03:59 PM
I just got back from a KU board. They call him "Coach Old Ballz." Cute :)

Mad Dog Madsen
10/20/2011, 04:20 PM
"Old Ballz" are cute?!? :ambivalence:

badger
10/20/2011, 04:21 PM
KU fans are cute! I've been featuring them on meltdown almost as much as the whorns because of it! They are just going berserko over football! Who'd've thunk it? A basketball school caring about football. Well, that's apparently KU.

Grrrr.... why can't our football team be as good as our basketball team. Grrr.... our football anchor drags our basketball team down to C-USA. Grrr... I miss the fat man...

budbarrybob
10/20/2011, 05:14 PM
We better show up for this one!!!

No doubt! I'd hate to lose by forfeit! :P

King Barry's Back
10/20/2011, 07:33 PM
Uh huh....whatever.

Well, not to quibble, but back in the early days of 99, 2000 or so, Bob Stoops used to do interviews where he talked about how much he had learned from Snyder. As I recall, Bob credited Snyder for teaching him the value of intense organization and structure to everything that you do.

If Bob says, "I learned a lot from Snyder," you know, I'm going to think, "Bob learned a lot from Snyder."

King Barry's Back
10/20/2011, 07:38 PM
He's an amazingly good coach. It's a wonder that a big-time program didn't ever hire him when he was younger.

His problem was/is that by the time he had established his greatness, he was already too old to be interesting for a better program.

TrophyCollector
10/20/2011, 08:17 PM
Game Day or no, we will beat the wheat aggies.

Salt City Sooner
10/20/2011, 10:56 PM
I think this is pretty appropriate here: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1068750/index.htm

sooner59
10/21/2011, 12:29 AM
We will beat K-State just fine. But I respect the hell out of that old man. He is a good coach. If it weren't for OU, he would have probably won a MNC with a college in Manhattan, KS. That is pretty damn impressive. They should rename it Snyder State University. He does more with less than anybody I have ever seen.

cleller
10/21/2011, 08:02 AM
How about a v-bet for whether Herbie and Desmond are spotted first at the Last Chance Bar, or the Dairy Bar? (with a dip cone)

Wishboned
10/21/2011, 12:37 PM
How often do we lose Gameday games? I think Mizzou last year was one, and OU-Texas a few years ago, but that's it in recent history.

All the OU-OSU games, several OU-A&M games, the 2007 Mizzou fun, we won all of those in recent years when Gameday crew is in town.

We are 19-8 in Gameday games since 1995, according to SoonerSports.com.

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/archive/college_gameday.html

Only behind Ohio State, and Florida, in the number of Gameday appearances. And only behind Miami and Southern Cal in winning percentage in Gameday appearances.

oumartin
10/21/2011, 12:51 PM
I don't recall KSU taking cheap shots at players knees at the 03 Big 12 championship game.. I remember Sproles running circles around OU however.

ouwasp
10/21/2011, 02:17 PM
never understood this attitude. since when do we shy away from challenges?

being battle hardened is key to winning championships. if we can't beat a kstate team that we out talent at nearly every position, how are we to compete with teams that match us in talent?

What's hard to understand? OU has shown the tendency to play down to their opponents on occasion. They've also struggled some on the road early in the game. I'm just looking at every angle, whatever would help OU get out of Manhattan with a win, that's all that matters. I like GameDay, unlike many of the posters. And what they say has no bearing on the game. But the crowd will already be amped up for the game... I would just rather them not have any more juice.

Mad Dog Madsen
10/21/2011, 02:34 PM
No doubt! I'd hate to lose by forfeit! :P

LMAO! Luv it!

Okie35
10/21/2011, 09:42 PM
I might go then.

Okie35
10/21/2011, 09:43 PM

This should be a fairly easy W unless the team comes out and plays ugly like KSU wants to happen.

SoonerinSouthlake
10/22/2011, 08:12 AM
Well, not to quibble, but back in the early days of 99, 2000 or so, Bob Stoops used to do interviews where he talked about how much he had learned from Snyder. As I recall, Bob credited Snyder for teaching him the value of intense organization and structure to everything that you do.

If Bob says, "I learned a lot from Snyder," you know, I'm going to think, "Bob learned a lot from Snyder."

agree with this^^^

not sure why anyone here would think it was putting Bob below Snyder to say he learned a lot of what he knows from him.

All great people had coaches and mentors...and Bob was on Snyders staff hence the mentor/protege relationship

Many protege's go on to become greater than their mentor. The humble hearted ones generally give great credit to people who were good enough to mentor them.

IronHorseSooner
10/22/2011, 10:30 AM
it will also be K-State's homecoming i believe??? their crowd will be pumped. it will be a very hostile environment. better show up with our "A" game.

Yes, it is homecoming, which is actually better than playing on Harley Day! Their fans are already sketchy characters.