PDA

View Full Version : Where in the name of all that is holy

prrriiide
10/15/2011, 11:59 PM
did ESPiN dredge up this POS announcer? Did this tool graduate from stoolwater?

oumartin
10/16/2011, 12:01 AM
He was a Washington Husky if you are referring to Huard.

Wishboned
10/16/2011, 12:11 AM
Did they talk about how OSU did against Kansas last week? I don't remember if they mentioned it.

Peach Fuzz
10/16/2011, 12:12 AM
Told everyone that OU wasn't deserving to face bama/slu... **** espn

kevpks
10/16/2011, 12:13 AM
I know we didn't play up to our potential but these guys were acting like Kansas was winning all night.

3rdgensooner
10/16/2011, 12:15 AM
They were high school announcer caliber.

The Ghost of Mex
10/16/2011, 12:15 AM
Dudes sucked...

Soonerfan88
10/16/2011, 12:16 AM
I had to mute it. Huard wasn't near as irritating as the other guy.

Wishboned
10/16/2011, 12:16 AM
They were high school announcer caliber.

They even looked young enough to still be in high school.

The "boom goes the dynamite" kid was better than they are.

SoonerDood
10/16/2011, 12:17 AM
Did they talk about how OSU did against Kansas last week? I don't remember if they mentioned it.
They sure as hell didn't mention that OSU was in a dogfight with a team we blew out last week. Woulda been nice if they had.

SoonerNate
10/16/2011, 12:20 AM
These *******s still think Kansas is gonna come back. WTF was with us on the goal line at the end of the 2nd quarter up 7 and we get a "10 game winning streak on the line here." Wrong dip****, we are winning.

These guys were the worst announcers I have EVER heard and that is saying something as I've heard some pretty amateur games in my time.

prrriiide
10/16/2011, 12:21 AM
He was a Washington Husky if you are referring to Huard.

No...the other a$$clown. If I had access to the Sooner football network, I'd have muted him, too. Unfortunately we don't have an OU flagship station here in Knoxville. That guy deserves to have the mic shoved up his arse.

Neath a Western Sky
10/16/2011, 12:45 AM
No...the other a$$clown. If I had access to the Sooner football network, I'd have muted him, too. Unfortunately we don't have an OU flagship station here in Knoxville. That guy deserves to have the mic shoved up his arse.

They were both bad, though I thought the color man Huard was the worst I ever remember covering D-1 football. How many games did ESPN carry today/tonight, beginning at 11 a.m. Central Time and still going as of 12:30 a.m.? 10? 11? 12? So maybe this jackinapes Huard was their 12th teamer; perhaps that helps explain it. He freaking sucked. My favorite of his many gems: "Uh, I think Oklahoma compares favorably with some of the SEC defenses, though I don't think they're on the level of LSU's or Alabama's." Pizz on him.

sooner59
10/16/2011, 12:58 AM
They looked like a couple of frat boys two years out of school trying to make as much drama as possible.

sooner59
10/16/2011, 01:00 AM
The guy literally said, "This is one of the fastest defenses in Oklahoma history. They're right up there with some of the SEC defenses this year."

aurorasooner
10/16/2011, 01:05 AM
They were both bad, though I thought the color man Huard was the worst I ever remember covering D-1 football. How many games did ESPN carry today/tonight, beginning at 11 a.m. Central Time and still going as of 12:30 a.m.? 10? 11? 12? So maybe this jackinapes Huard was their 12th teamer; perhaps that helps explain it. He freaking sucked. My favorite of his many gems: "Uh, I think Oklahoma compares favorably with some of the SEC defenses, though I don't think they're on the level of LSU's or Alabama's." Pizz on him. I don't have a problem with Huard. He usually seems to bring some decent insight to what's happening on the field. (although he's not my fav by far) That PbyP guy though was ridiculous, imo.
I need to find some digital delay software with a variable delay & a pretty good sized cache, so I can sync the Sooner Radio broadcast with the network broadcast, and just leave the network broadcast on mute (as long as the radio broadcast audio is ahead of the network). I was going to just mute the 2nd half & listen to Sooner radio, but couldn't get an on-line link to load in VLC portable, so we just left the 2nd half on mute thru most of the 2nd half.
btw, I think the PbyP guy lives in Austin & his wife graduated from Texas Tech, but not sure. Worst I've heard in a long time.

slugbug
10/16/2011, 01:33 AM
Brock Huard and Bob Davies are the two worst effing broadcaters in television ..hands down!!

LRoss
10/16/2011, 07:24 AM
I know we didn't play up to our potential but these guys were acting like Kansas was winning all night.

This. Personally, I though it was hilarious and added some entertainment value to an otherwise (often) drab game.

Reality: OU scores to pull further ahead.
Tone of announcers: Wow, Kansas is mounting an incredible comeback, this is really tightening up! Could be a tremendous finish with a good chance of an upset!

If you can get over the whole "media hates OU, we're being slighted and disrespected, yada yada yada" mindset, it was priceless.

GottaHavePride
10/16/2011, 07:32 AM
The end of the first half killed me. The doosh was shouting about "A minute left, and OU's undefeated season on the line right here!" Um, guy, we're ahead, in position to score again, and it's the FIRST DAMN HALF.

3rdgensooner
10/16/2011, 09:07 AM
Did they give KU a participation ribbon?

FirstandGoal
10/16/2011, 09:26 AM
Did they give KU a participation ribbon?

I heard where Gill gave each of them a snickers for each FG they allowed us.

Oh, wait.....

hornswaggled
10/16/2011, 09:28 AM
If The Onion Network were carrying the game they couldn't have been more ironic of the fact that they thought KU won every time we added 3 piints to our lead over a team that didn't make a first down in the third quarter.

BigTip
10/16/2011, 09:32 AM

LOL

But, but, but, gosh, WE had to play them at home!!! Did they ever mention THAT fact? Nooooooooo. lol

stoopified
10/16/2011, 10:42 AM
FX FX FX FX FX FX FX FX FX FX ,I'm thinking FX might be a tad better.

bssooner1
10/16/2011, 12:09 PM
Did anyone notice the score by finch and one of them talking about him by name and describing the touchdown and the other then commenting on how Whaley was explosive? It was rookie night.

SoonerNate
10/16/2011, 01:40 PM
If The Onion Network were carrying the game they couldn't have been more ironic of the fact that they thought KU won every time we added 3 piints to our lead over a team that didn't make a first down in the third quarter.

Well stated.

StoopTroup
10/16/2011, 02:13 PM
If any of you think they were amateurish....I'm not sure what you'd call what Herbstriet did when announcing the texSpaz game last week. Thing is...it was amazing ESPN picked up the game and with all the Games they were covering that they felt were more interesting and bring in tons more market share money....it's amazing there was more than one camera and a Birthday Party Clown in the booth.

It's just the way it goes when we are playing a Team that's lost their last 3 games in a row and was 0-2 in Conference play.

IMO Jake Trotter's statement that Bob down played the 1st half last night would leave him doing his schtick on the corner of Main and I-35 instead of School property.

GDC
10/16/2011, 08:14 PM
FX FX FX FX FX FX FX FX FX FX ,I'm thinking FX might be a tad better.

Marcus Allen and the other studio guy on FX kept referring to Bama/LSU as basically the national championship game. They also kept referring to OSU as the best team in Oklahoma.

Soonerfan88
10/16/2011, 08:22 PM
FX studio crew is bad but I can at least listen to their announcers the entire game without muting it.

The PbyP guy last night was atrocious. Huard probably would have been bearable (not good, but bearable) if he had a competent partner.

FtwTxSooner
10/16/2011, 09:22 PM
this is why i listen to toby syncing the audio up with the tv broadcast

aurorasooner
10/16/2011, 09:43 PM
FtwTxSooner

Re: Where in the name of all that is holy
this is why i listen to toby syncing the audio up with the tv broadcast

How? Do you use the radio-delay freeware (or other sw --- hardware) or is your Sooner radio broadcast behind the tv broadcast where you just use the the DVR to delay the live video? thx

FirstandGoal
10/16/2011, 10:59 PM
If any of you think they were amateurish....I'm not sure what you'd call what Herbstriet did when announcing the texSpaz game last week. Thing is...it was amazing ESPN picked up the game and with all the Games they were covering that they felt were more interesting and bring in tons more market share money....it's amazing there was more than one camera and a Birthday Party Clown in the booth.

It's just the way it goes when we are playing a Team that's lost their last 3 games in a row and was 0-2 in Conference play.

IMO Jake Trotter's statement that Bob down played the 1st half last night would leave him doing his schtick on the corner of Main and I-35 instead of School property.

Wait! You mean that there was a Birthday Party Clown Option and we didn't get that? And the game ended just a few minutes before my actual birthday?

Well now I'm super bummed.....

sooneron
10/17/2011, 01:04 PM
Clowns scare me.

kevpks
10/19/2011, 07:09 PM
Our buddy Huard is picking OSU to win the Big XII. I'm not an Insider because it's a ripoff but I've read enough. This guy knows absolutely nothing about the Big XII. Playing OSU in Stillwater means nothing. OU beats them everywhere and the last I checked we had a pretty decent QB receiver tandem and a little team speed down here in Norman.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-football/story?id=7122430&_slug_=why-oklahoma-state-cowboys-win-big-12-cfb&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fcol lege-football%2fstory%3fid%3d7122430%26_slug_%3dwhy-oklahoma-state-cowboys-win-big-12-cfb

Two months ago, I picked the Oklahoma State Cowboys to win a reshuffled Big 12. After watching their dynamic QB-WR duo of Brandon Weeden and Justin Blackmon emerge throughout the course of last season, witnessing their overall team speed in person during the Alamo Bowl (which OSU won 36-10 against the Arizona Wildcats) and considering the fact that the Cowboys would be bringing back their entire offensive line, my thinking was that OK State's offense could overcome their inexperienced defense.

As we emerge from the locker room and push into the second half of the season, Oklahoma State is still my pick to win the pass-happy Big 12. As much as I liked the Cowboys during the preseason, I like them even more now. Their offensive strengths have remained healthy and dominant, and the fact that the Baylor Bears, Kansas State Wildcats and Oklahoma Sooners travel to Stillwater helps immensely.

The biggest reason why I'm even more confident at midseason about my OSU pick is because of what I'm seeing from the team on the defensive side of the ball. This OK State squad is the 2011 version of last season's Oregon Ducks. Here's why I like their chances of winning the Big 12 and running the table:

8timechamps
10/19/2011, 07:22 PM
How? Do you use the radio-delay freeware (or other sw --- hardware) or is your Sooner radio broadcast behind the tv broadcast where you just use the the DVR to delay the live video? thx

I try to watch a delayed version (DVR) and sync with the online radio feed. Not as easy as it sounds. I usually give up after the first big play and watch the live broadcast. It can be done, just takes more effort than I'm willing to give.

JiminyChristmas
10/19/2011, 07:59 PM
The radio broadcast is always ahead of the TV broadcast. I wanted to sync it up using my DVR, but it isn't possible in that scenario.

How do you guys do it?

8timechamps
10/19/2011, 10:15 PM
The radio broadcast is always ahead of the TV broadcast. I wanted to sync it up using my DVR, but it isn't possible in that scenario.

How do you guys do it?

I get the radio feed online, and it's been behind the TV broadcast. Not sure how/if it would work with an actual radio signal.

aurorasooner
10/19/2011, 10:37 PM
http://www.botecomm.com/bote/radio/radiodelay.html I've also DLed the VAC (virtual audio cable--trialware--$$) but haven't installed it (the article says it's Russian software), and as the guy says in his article, he didn't detect any malware in it, but I probably wouldn't use it unless you use imaging software (acronis, ghost etc) to reinstall your OS if there's a problem. I scanned the radio-delay software and nothing was flagged.
Also, you can get who's announcing the games from here. http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2011-articles/october/college-football-week-8-schedule-announcers-2011.html It usually comes out on Wed.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/19/2011, 11:00 PM
Man, I was at the game, so I haven't watched the broadcast from DVR yet.

But these guys sound horrible. I wonder how bad they will sound when K-State whips us. Probably not only have to mute it, but cover the screen with a blanket or something, too.