PDA

View Full Version : Is Tom Wort hurt?

Neath a Western Sky
10/15/2011, 11:24 PM
Or just giving Jayden Bird PT due to good game last week, Kansas emphasizing running, and letting him get snaps in front of his Kansas friends, family, etc.?

Okie35
10/15/2011, 11:25 PM
I think Wort got banged up a little too. So, maybe both

stoops the eternal pimp
10/15/2011, 11:26 PM
Wort hasn't played well tonight...that may be a little of it

colleyvillesooner
10/15/2011, 11:27 PM
Reporter on Twitter says he's not being attended to, just doesn't seem 100%

Neath a Western Sky
10/15/2011, 11:48 PM
What about Tyler Evans? Bronson Irwin has been in for him most if not all the second half.

boomersooner28
10/16/2011, 12:02 AM
Defense sure did get better once Wort was taken out. Just sayin...

SoonerNate
10/16/2011, 12:22 AM
Any word on Nelson there at the end? It looked like his wrist.

Hotrod3157
10/16/2011, 12:24 AM
Defense sure did get better once Wort was taken out. Just sayin...

Run defense certainly improved. They started using a 4 man front some too in the second half which seemed to help. But really outside of the two busted plays that went for big yardage the defense didn't do a bad job.

OU-HSV
10/16/2011, 12:24 AM
I recall a play where Wort and someone else (I can't recall who it was), had a head to head collision and Wort was slow getting up. I'm guessing he got shook up a bit because it was soon after that I noticed Bird was in.

FirstandGoal
10/16/2011, 12:34 AM
Noticed that as well.

Could not figure out if Tom was out for safety measures, or because he wasn't doing so great tonight.

Neath a Western Sky
10/16/2011, 12:49 AM
I recall a play where Wort and someone else (I can't recall who it was), had a head to head collision and Wort was slow getting up. I'm guessing he got shook up a bit because it was soon after that I noticed Bird was in.

Maybe that was it. I believe he collided with Corey Nelson. Wort was the one who put the Kansas center out of the game too, wasn't he?

OU-HSV
10/16/2011, 12:51 AM
Maybe that was it. I believe he collided with Corey Nelson. Wort was the one who put the Kansas center out of the game too, wasn't he?I couldn't figure out how that KU lineman got hurt. Did they ever update that injury to him? I never heard it if they did.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/16/2011, 12:53 AM
HSV!!!

OU-HSV
10/16/2011, 12:57 AM
HSV!!!
Ya I know it's been a while it seems. Just been super busy and hardly had time to post lately. Two kiddos keep us hoppin.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/16/2011, 01:00 AM
I hear ya..how is the brother?

Neath a Western Sky
10/16/2011, 01:02 AM
I couldn't figure out how that KU lineman got hurt. Did they ever update that injury to him? I never heard it if they did.

I ran it back a few times; looked like Wort caught the KU center when the latter was at an awkward angle and pancaked him, as two other Sooners--Javon Harris I think was one--were tackling the ball carrier nearby. Strange play. Scary when they take that long to move a guy, and by ambulance.

OU-HSV
10/16/2011, 01:06 AM
He's doing good. I haven't talked to him in a couple weeks, but I know he's been really busy too. I haven't seen him on here in a while (of course I haven't been on here too much lately). I've mostly popped on and read some threads and then logged off. I've been a slacker :wink:

stoops the eternal pimp
10/16/2011, 01:10 AM
haha..slacker by not getting on the boards...good way to look at it I guess..

Well tell his slacker butt to pop in and say heller..

OU-HSV
10/16/2011, 01:16 AM
I'll tell him. I'll give him a shout tomorrow. He and I haven't got our football conversations in much this season.

soonergirlNeugene
10/16/2011, 01:30 AM
I couldn't figure out how that KU lineman got hurt. Did they ever update that injury to him? I never heard it if they did.

Per sports illustrated:

Kansas center Jeremiah Hatch was hurt on the ensuing possession when he was blocking downfield on a short pass completion. Hatch was immobilized and removed from the field on a stretcher, but returned to the stadium and was walking on the sideline by the end of the game.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/gameflash/2011/10/15/47943/index.html#ixzz1avKG3MVI

OU-HSV
10/16/2011, 01:31 AM
That's great news for him, cause it didn't look good when they hauled him out

StoopTroup
10/16/2011, 01:43 AM
That's great news for him, cause it didn't look good when they hauled him out

Yeah I was looking at ESPN's site wrong and forgot about that NU game...I meant the Spartans and on top of that....they (WISC) have as tough a road to an undefeated Season as anyone that's still hanging in there. It's just probably the beer and it being late that some folks are melting down. I hope they don't go out and kick their Dog....lol

I'm not sure what's wrong with this site right now either.....

OU-HSV
10/16/2011, 01:46 AM
Yeah I was looking at ESPN's site wrong and forgot about that NU game...I meant the Spartans and on top of that....they have as tough a road to an undefeated Season as anyone that's still hanging in there. It's just probably the beer and it being late that some folks are melting down. I hope they don't go out and kick their Dog....lolHaha. I hear ya. I'm just trying to be realistic about it all. Obviously there's been red zone struggles when you wouldn't expect them, so that's all I've been trying to say/figure out.
One of the very positive things I've noticed about this year's team is that when one side of the ball struggles or is sluggish, the other side of the ball has seemed to step up and play to win. That's always good to see.

StoopTroup
10/16/2011, 02:15 AM
Haha. I hear ya. I'm just trying to be realistic about it all. Obviously there's been red zone struggles when you wouldn't expect them, so that's all I've been trying to say/figure out.
One of the very positive things I've noticed about this year's team is that when one side of the ball struggles or is sluggish, the other side of the ball has seemed to step up and play to win. That's always good to see.

We also aren't going for it on 4th down instead of worrying whether or not we can get 3 points from our kicker. Walking away from a drive with zero points on some team like KU on the road can be a real momentum killer. I agree with some others that if it had been in a big game against another Team of our caliber....it could really cost us.

I still believe this Team is just as capable of proving me wrong about that though too.

GottaHavePride
10/16/2011, 07:18 AM
I ran it back a few times; looked like Wort caught the KU center when the latter was at an awkward angle and pancaked him, as two other Sooners--Javon Harris I think was one--were tackling the ball carrier nearby. Strange play. Scary when they take that long to move a guy, and by ambulance.

KU's center cracked the side of his helmet into the ball carrier's helmet on that play. Our guys had nothing to go with it,

PLaw
10/16/2011, 07:28 AM
Saw The Oklahoman that Wort is nursing a bruised back from the RRR . . .

INJURY NEWS

Wide receiver Kenny Stills suffered a twisted right knee midway through the third quarter but returned the following series. Stills watched the entire fourth quarter from the sideline. ... Middle linebacker Tom Wort, who suffered a bruised back against Texas, started, but Jaydan Bird played the entire second half. ... Linebacker Travis Lewis left the game briefly late in the first half, but he returned to play the entire second half. ...

BUMMER

Neath a Western Sky
10/16/2011, 09:59 AM
What about Corey Nelson?

GottaHavePride
10/16/2011, 10:22 AM
They said he'll be fine, which means they're amputating tomorrow. He should be back next week once they build him a new arm.

http://members.aye.net/~gharris/blog/aod_groovy.jpg
GROOVY.

* I totally made all that up. I don't actually know anything.

colleyvillesooner
10/16/2011, 12:55 PM
Nelson tweeted e was headed for X-Rays on his arm about an hour ago.

Wort tweeted that he was at the hospital at 4:00 am saying his head hurt.

Neath a Western Sky
10/16/2011, 12:59 PM
Wort tweeted that he was at the hospital at 4:00 am saying his head hurt.[/QUOTE]

Oh-oh...

So Irwin played in Evans' spot most of the second half, and Shead the same for Good...any injuries involved there, or just some replacement action?

Keller Sooner
10/16/2011, 01:37 PM
Wort tweeted that he was at the hospital at 4:00 am saying his head hurt.

Oh-oh...

So Irwin played in Evans' spot most of the second half, and Shead the same for Good...any injuries involved there, or just some replacement action?[/QUOTE]

Good didn't suit up for the game. He was held out due to concussion. I'm not sure about Evans, I haven't heard if he was injured.

OU-HSV
10/16/2011, 01:37 PM
My guess is that Stoops doesn't appreciate these guys tweeting about their injuries.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/16/2011, 01:39 PM
^

colleyvillesooner
10/16/2011, 02:35 PM
Nelson ok per him:

@C_Ne7son Few torn legiments,no fractures,or broken bones. Doc. Said im good and im fine its just gonna be sore for awhile.

IBleedCrimson
10/16/2011, 02:37 PM
My guess is that Stoops doesn't appreciate these guys tweeting about their injuries.

thats absolutely certain

OU-HSV
10/16/2011, 04:36 PM
thats absolutely certain in the endFixed:smile:

VA Sooner
10/16/2011, 06:29 PM
Concussions and hurt limbs... tough game last night.

SunnySooner
10/16/2011, 09:02 PM
Concussions and hurt limbs... tough game last night.

Yeah, I was thinking about that today. It's getting to be that part of the season when the hurts start to accumulate, and even tho these are young guys in incredible condition, they are still just frail human beings, just flesh and blood, and football at this level takes its toll, especially after last week, when you know they were hitting as hard as they could. Certainly explains a "crappy" game that we won by 30 points on the road (she typed sheepishly after being ticked over the performance).

picasso
10/16/2011, 09:14 PM
I'm no oracle or anything but I had a feeling we were in for some injuries last night. Just an odd game coming off of our performance in Dallas and the slaughter the pokes gave 'em.

I vote we never play at KU after Texas again.

cleller
10/17/2011, 08:46 AM
Knowing Big Bird is there to step in makes me feel less worried about the LB situation. He looks solid.