PDA

View Full Version : perceptions on OUS-* game

SoonerNutt
10/15/2011, 07:01 PM
This was supposed to be a showcase game for oSu, but they didn't look very impressive.

Weeden is great when he is protected, but the first sign of pressure and he makes alot of dumb throws. * dropped at least 5 interceptible balls today.

oSu wants to throw the ball so badly that they ignore the fact that they are gashing * up the middle on 1st down every time. They are predictable. Put your best DB on Blackmon, ignore the run, and put pressure on Weeden, and they will have some problems.

On defense, I don't know what to think. I've heard so much how they are better on D, and that seems to be true at times (e.g. 2nd half vs. aTm), but * ran all over them even with little threat of a passing game. The nicest thing you can say about oSu's run defense is that they are wildly inconsist. Sometimes they blow a play up like they know exactly what is going to happen, but most of the time, their LBs are blocked easily or just in the wrong gaps.

It will be tough to beat them at their place. It will be a wild atmosphere for sure. But if OU plays with composure, we can put pressure on Weedon and force some bad throws. Plus, they have way more matchup problems stopping our offense than we have with stopping theirs. They absolutely have to rattle Jones because they can't cover both Broyles and Stills all day. Plus, if they let us run it effectively, we will stick with it, and their offense will be sitting on the sidelines all day.

AlboSooner
10/15/2011, 07:02 PM
OU is better than Okie Lite. It's simple.

OUHOMER
10/15/2011, 07:04 PM
this was the first time I have seen them play. I am not near as worried as I once was.

SoonerNutt
10/15/2011, 07:05 PM
OU is better than Okie Lite. It's simple.

I certainly don't discagree with that. That doesn't mean it will be easy to beat them at Stilly though. They are a good team. Playing good teams on the road in conference is dicey. Just like Mizzou and aTm last year. We were better than both of those teams too. We will have to bring it.

Soonerwake
10/15/2011, 07:11 PM
this was the first time I have seen them play. I am not near as worried as I once was.

Agreed.

En_Fuego
10/15/2011, 07:27 PM
Quote of the Day:

"Texas fans are louder booing at the refs than cheering for their team"

soonerman4life
10/15/2011, 08:20 PM
This is the first time I've seen the pokes play too. I must say that I'm not overly impressed (particularly defensively). TexASS had fair success running the ball. I think if they would have ran more, controlled the clock, and kept the poke offense off the field they would have had a better shot.
BYW -- I've been trolling the group the last few days and decided to sign up. Great group.
Boomer Sooner!!

MyT Oklahoma
10/15/2011, 10:13 PM
After watching the first half of our game from Lawrence I have to wonder which Sooner team shows up at Stillwater later this year. On nights like tonight we (OU) suck. Happens.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/15/2011, 10:25 PM
After watching the first half of our game from Lawrence I have to wonder which Sooner team shows up at Stillwater later this year. On nights like tonight we (OU) suck. Happens.

The good Oklahoma team will show up in Stillwater since Oklahoma St. has a good team. OSU's offense is just as good as last year, but not better, and their defense is actually worse. In Oklahoma's case, the Sooner run game is somewhat improved and the Sooner front four is significantly improved. The game will be easier for the Sooners this year than last year and they'll be able to get a lot more pressure on Weeden than last season.