PDA

View Full Version : redshirt roy finch

lasooner123
10/15/2011, 01:42 PM
I think we should redshirt him next year. i hate to see all of his talent go to waste. i think hes probably our most dynamic back(havent seen enough from bw). i just dont understand how he cant see the field hardly at all. he had an amazing year last year. let him have a year to get bigger and come in and contribute when whaleys gone and clays a senior

oumartin
10/15/2011, 01:52 PM
finch said last year if they wanted to redshirt him he would transfer.

LVSOONER15
10/15/2011, 01:54 PM
Ugh no.

Boomer.....
10/15/2011, 02:35 PM
Seems like he has already played too much to rs.

CrimsonRez
10/15/2011, 05:08 PM
Dom Whaley says hi

KBoomer11
10/15/2011, 05:31 PM
Our most dynamic back? Whaley is better than Finch in every aspect of the game.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/15/2011, 06:15 PM
Will someone tell me what Finch did last year that was amazing?

oumartin
10/15/2011, 06:22 PM
Well he did have the pretty cool touchdown run against Baylor last year..

he looks like he could be special. I think coaches probably know more than me though

lasooner123
10/15/2011, 06:22 PM
Our most dynamic back? Whaley is better than Finch in every aspect of the game.

theres a difference between being better and being dynamic. whaley is more of a plodder while finch is more shifty.

stoopspimp did you watch last year?

85sooners
10/15/2011, 06:26 PM
:beaten:

lasooner123
10/15/2011, 06:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwM0i7psJ1Q
hes lightning in a bottle every time he touches it

stoops the eternal pimp
10/15/2011, 06:34 PM
theres a difference between being better and being dynamic. whaley is more of a plodder while finch is more shifty.

stoopspimp did you watch last year?

Yeah I remember watching him..I just don't remember seeing something that made me think he was amazing..A couple of decent runs here and there and a few negative run plays...I can't remember anything against quality opponents..

stoops the eternal pimp
10/15/2011, 06:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwM0i7psJ1Q
hes lightning in a bottle every time he touches it

I'll watch..maybe he made a big play against a good team I'm not thinking of

oumartin
10/15/2011, 06:36 PM
bottom line Finch would be playing alot more if he hadn't gotten himself outta shape over the summer. He did not work hard and got himself behind conditioning wise and depth wise.

Plus rumor is he doesn't practice hard

VA Sooner
10/15/2011, 06:37 PM
He's definitely shifty but last year he seemed to have more speed and finesse. He got hurt toward the end of the season though and he's had a surgery already so I wonder if that's taken a step out of him. Still very fast though.

Newbomb Turk
10/15/2011, 07:19 PM
I think coaches probably know more than me though

probably?

:smile:

stoops the eternal pimp
10/15/2011, 07:24 PM
Hey, it's Newbomb!!!!

stoops the eternal pimp
10/15/2011, 07:31 PM
So I watched the youtube highlight reel and then went back and looked at his stats...The Baylor run was awesome..saw the 2 carries against OSU that were good...looks like he had a quite a few no yardage or negative yardage plays...All in all, a decent back with potential..Still not overwhelmed and obviously the coaches aren't either

lasooner123
10/15/2011, 07:57 PM
So I watched the youtube highlight reel and then went back and looked at his stats...The Baylor run was awesome..saw the 2 carries against OSU that were good...looks like he had a quite a few no yardage or negative yardage plays...All in all, a decent back with potential..Still not overwhelmed and obviously the coaches aren't either
i see what you mean....he had a very good year as essentially the number three back in terms of number of carries as a true freshman

birddog
10/15/2011, 08:15 PM

i'll cut him some slack due to his age. if he can't outplay whaley, then he's one hell of a player. i wish we'd slide him in the slot a bit more.hey wait, we have this problem at several positions.

lasooner123
10/15/2011, 10:10 PM
id say hes decent with the ball in his ands....see todays game

MikeGundy'sPaperboy
10/15/2011, 10:19 PM
id say hes decent with the ball in his ands....see todays gameI'd say he needs to work on picking up blitzes...see today's game.

lasooner123
10/15/2011, 10:43 PM
yeah he did miss that one block.....

stoops the eternal pimp
10/15/2011, 11:26 PM
I'd say he needs to work on picking up blitzes...see today's game.

yeah that was bad...nice 20 yard run...I'm not saying he's a bad player..I just don't get overwhelmed with runningbacks who at least don't have 1 100 yard game under their belts..When he can consistently get himself on the field and make plays, then my mind will change

soonerboomer93
10/16/2011, 12:26 AM
Lots of potential, but heard something I didn't like. Hopefully that will change

StoopTroup
10/16/2011, 02:28 AM
If Roy wants to make in in the NFL....he needs to quit playing the RB Position. He's to small and doesn't have the same build a Q had. Q was an amazing small RB. He has an uncanny balance and could really take hits and bounce off for a 9 yard gain and then pick up another 20 in an instant.

I can see Roy in a type of Wes Welker role.

We just will never be consistent running the ball with Roy in the backfield in this offense. I could hardly believe my eyes when i saw Whaley walk by Roy in Warm ups in the South EZ at Home against Ball State. I mean....I'd seen Roy before and i think I thought that him and Whaley were both smaller guys....but really....Dom is closer to being DeMarco's size than Roy's. Dom looked so much bigger and durable when i saw them that day. They both have speed too. I just think as long as Dom is healthy...Roy will do better as a WR or slot Receiver.

oudavid1
10/16/2011, 02:43 AM
If he is too good to waste, why would you redshirt him?

I think what some people need to understand is that he is a poor mans Darren Sproles, he is fast, but little. Not an every down back. Use him as such. Also, keep in mind his "biggest" games have been vs Kansas ('11) Tech ('10) and Baylor ('10).

Brandon Williams looked really fast tonight. If they didnt redshirt him, they wont redshirt Finch.

StoopTroup
10/16/2011, 02:49 AM
There is a reason Whaley is still the starter. 165 yards tonight and a late TD shows he can handle the amount of snaps he's getting now that Clay is out right now. Before Clay got hurt we had the advantage of getting them both rest and playing fresh legs in this fast tempo pace we usually play at. KU really upset our pace tonight in the 1st half. Roy just doesn't replace Clay. Williams isn't ready or they would have Finch behind him in the line up.

lasooner123
10/22/2011, 11:33 PM
man that kid is good