PDA

View Full Version : AAS: Perception as "Greedy, Powerful Bully" "Bothers" **censored** Prez

BB37
10/14/2011, 10:58 PM
http://www.statesman.com/sports/collegefootball/uts-powers-on-the-horns-future-the-big-1912724.html

Grab a hankie...

sooneron
10/14/2011, 11:03 PM
Shocking...

User comments are not being accepted on this article.

BB37
10/14/2011, 11:07 PM
Yep, I noticed that too.

HAMTTX
10/15/2011, 01:26 AM
He does not look well in that picture.

hornswaggled
10/15/2011, 01:50 AM
"He does see a trend in conference alignment". Well, I see dead people.

"I don't think we're going to mega-conferences." I hope he is right. I like the regional, plains geography of our current affilliations. Anyone who is not familiar with chewing grass while contemplating his/her existance does not fit in my universe or conference.

--
Old Fart Who Chews Grass
(lester does it for show on teevee, so it is not contemplative)

3rdgensooner
10/15/2011, 09:33 AM
Yes, they're soooo misunderstood.

Flagstaffsooner
10/15/2011, 09:46 AM
He does not look well in that picture.
Looks like he died a week ago.

AlboSooner
10/15/2011, 09:56 AM
I don't know who is more to blame: Texas who bullies 11 other schools with equal voting rights, or the other 11 school unable to counter Texas' moves.

I really don't have much nice things to say about the people at the major Big 12 schools who scorned the idea of a Big 12 network, and the idea of equal revenue sharing. There are no saints and sinners in the conference Armageddon issue. Only sinners.

AzianSooner
10/15/2011, 11:04 AM
You can talk angelly about all your innocent purpose all you can. The results are what all we can see.

1. Texass had driven the previous Big 12 head man out and brought in one who was doing his best to please texass
2. Texass manipulated officials in the big 12 game with Kansas in 2005 to get Texass a win.
3. Texass manipulated officials in the big 12 championship game with Nebraska for 1 extra second - cheap.
4. Texass peoples made calls, fly airplane around the stadium to pursuade people to let TExass play in the NC.
5. Texass bully A&M to get the LongHOrny network and bully the big 12 in their faces with the attitude of "we are who we are and nothing you can do the sh.t about it"

Bottom line, the whole country saw that on the surface and that speaks a enormous volume of what have been going behind. Texass is E.vil.

Texasss should be ashamed of themselve.

Jacie
10/15/2011, 12:40 PM
Trying to decipher the previous post . . . not sure if I am supposed to agree with it, laugh at it or act indignant.

LiveLaughLove
10/15/2011, 12:52 PM
I really don't have much nice things to say about the people at the major Big 12 schools who scorned the idea of a Big 12 network, and the idea of equal revenue sharing. There are no saints and sinners in the conference Armageddon issue. Only sinners.

Bingo. We have a winner. The B1G Network rocks. Something similar would have been uniting and very cool. OU, Nebbish, and texas were too greedy, and now only texas has anything to show for it. OU is learning it's easy to say, "We are going to have our own network too". It's another thing to get it done. Plus, even if we do, it's more of the haves and have-nots. Not very unifying for a conference.

prrriiide
10/15/2011, 12:58 PM
DeLoser can try to spin it all he wants,.but the national perception is that texass is a rich bully punk that does less with more, even with all of their manipulating, conniving, and scheming. In other words they showed the rest of the world the same hairy a$$ they've been showing the rest of the conference for 15 years, and showing OU for over 100. What has ben seen cannot be unseen.

cleller
10/15/2011, 03:46 PM
That Powers guy better keep his mouth shut before he pisses off Dodds.