PDA

View Full Version : Will the pokes put over 55 on the horns?

BoulderSooner79
10/14/2011, 10:14 PM
I suspect the pokes want to out-do OU on the horns tomorrow - that would be the little brother mentality. But I'm guessing the horn running game will be effective enough to eat clock and slow down the OSU offense enough to keep it from happening. Of course OSU will have the 2nd half to keep trying as we had pretty much shutdown trying to score by then - we only scored 7 on offense in the 2nd half.

Stoops won't care what OSU did to KU last week - he'll just want effort and execution. I could see our guys coming out a bit flat in this one after an emotional RRR last week. If the team is just focused and business like, we'll win going away. But I think KU will put up more of a fight at home than they did in Stillwater.

Soonerus
10/14/2011, 10:20 PM
No, Texas may win...

BigTip
10/14/2011, 10:22 PM
The over/under is 64 1/2. So is Texass going to be able to score 10 points? I am only half kidding too.

I would bet the over because I am thinking like you are thinking. They'll try to out do us.

Wishboned
10/14/2011, 10:25 PM
No. Gundy is an honorable man. Much like Mack Brown. He wouldn't even think of running up the score.

olevetonahill
10/14/2011, 10:30 PM
No. Gundy is an honorable man. Much like Mack Brown. He wouldn't even think of running up the score.

Heh

stoops the eternal pimp
10/14/2011, 10:41 PM
I've got a hundred on the pokes to cover...I don't care how many points it takes

olevetonahill
10/14/2011, 10:44 PM
I've got a hundred on the pokes to cover...I don't care how many points it takes

Yea I figure they will score at least 10

oumartin
10/14/2011, 10:45 PM
They will score 60 at least.. Texas may score 30

Soonerus
10/14/2011, 10:48 PM
Texas 28, OSU 13...

oumartin
10/14/2011, 10:55 PM
wishful thinking.. OSU will have 20 before the second quarter

LVSOONER15
10/14/2011, 11:03 PM
I don't think they will score more than 55. I think saxet makes it really close.

EatLeadCommie
10/15/2011, 03:43 AM
If the score more than 55, it'll be because Texas scores 40 or so.

Does it matter though? We're not going to put 56 on KU by halftime like they did, nor will we score 70. It's all relative to where you play and when you play teams. We're going to sleepwalk this week I think, and probably be unimpressive as a result. Like 50-20 unimpressive or something like that.

hornswaggled
10/15/2011, 05:24 AM
<Andy Rooney voice> Why is burnt orange a color? I remember when I was a lad in primary school the Crayola company would put a crayon in my 16 count coloring box that was labeled "burnt orange". I always wondered how they came up with that color. Did they burn an orange to make it, or was it just an uglier color of orange? I always thought it was a waste of space in the box in which they could have put a better, more useful color. And the "flesh" color also confused me, because it was not really the color of anyone's flesh that I knew.

When I would get a new box of crayons, since I could see no use for them, I would always take out the burnt orange and flesh crayons and either break them or melt them on the hot sidewalk, as a kind of sacrifice to the Crayola gods in order to keep the other colors from getting broken. That tactic never worked as all my crayons would eventually get broken before the next school year, when I would get new crayons.

My Crayola box had other colors of orange, too. There was yellow orange, which was kind of pukey, I guess. There was red orange that looked like bloody dirt, and there was plain orange, which I found I could make by combining the colors yellow and red. None of those orange colors were useful to me except when the teacher made me color a picture of a pumpkin. When I would color the pumpkin there would be so much orange that it made me kind of stupid when looking at it.

I always wanted a box of Crayolas that didn't have any orange colors. If I needed orange I could make it with other colors, but I rarely saw a need for it. The one use, other than pumpkin coloring, that i found for orange was to cover up burnt orange where someone else had used that color in a joint project. The rest of the time orange was a waste to me.

Eventually, one school year came when I was able to buy the larger, 64 count box of Crayolas. It had all the colors that anyone had ever invented or thought of. I found there were a lot of useful colors in that bigger box, including crimson and cream. There were still a variety of colors of orange that I took out and melted onto my GI Joe's head, but it was still better, because it had crimson and cream.

I think 64 crayons minus the number of pukey orange and flesh and other ugly and gay colors in the 64 count box would probably be about 46. So, I think OSU will score 46 points. I trust you are able to follow my logic for this pick. <Andy Rooney voice>

CrimsonRez
10/15/2011, 06:14 AM
vcash is too much to wager on this game

SoonerPride
10/15/2011, 07:01 AM
No.
OU only put up 34. Osu won't score 3 defensive TD's.
The game will be in the 30s.
* might win.
Why?
Because that goofy offense that the sharks destroyed might work against osu who still hasn't proven they can stop anyone. Their win over A&M seemed huge at the time until a week later when Arky exposed aggie as a fraud.

King Crimson
10/15/2011, 07:36 AM
OSU 35
UT 21

UT's d's make them vulnerable. no answer for Blackmon.

picasso
10/15/2011, 09:42 AM
OSU 35
UT 21

UT's d's make them vulnerable. no answer for Blackmon.
No need for an answer for Blackmon. Weeden just needs to get hit a few times as per our game last season. He actually looked at the Poke sidelines like he'd forgotten it was tackle football.