PDA

View Full Version : Apocalypse in 3....2.....1......

Salt City Sooner
10/13/2011, 03:54 PM
A complementary piece from Gary Danielson? I gotta go lie down.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/behindthemic/#/ncaaf_video/2011/10/12/101211_btm_danielson_osu

8timechamps
10/13/2011, 03:59 PM
I watch CBS College sports on occasion, and have watched the Tony Barnhardt show. They make no apologies that they are SEC homers. Gary Danielson is the worst of the bunch.

SunnySooner
10/13/2011, 04:04 PM
Wow, that is pretty amazing. Good for us. Be sure to dodge the flying pigs.

En_Fuego
10/13/2011, 04:28 PM
Kenny Styles ?

PalmBeachSooner
10/13/2011, 04:48 PM
Kenny Styles ?

Kenny is stylin and profilin.

BoulderSooner79
10/13/2011, 04:49 PM
Danielson doesn't know anything because he doesn't read this board.

"..our running game sucks..." "...our kicking game suck..." "...LJ has a few brain freezes on the road..." "...fire Venables..." "...our secondary can't cover...." "...our linebackers don't get off blocks...." "...our kick coverage is an embarrassment..." "...our O-line can't create any holes..." "...our DTs are average at best..." "...etc..."

StoopTroup
10/13/2011, 04:59 PM
You know.....they really aren't going out on a limb. Notice they didn't do this piece until we took Tezass apart. Also...we are playing KU on the Road so there's really no danger of them eating crow as we aren't playing a powerhouse after the RRSO.

They aren't doing us any favors....they are still SEC Homers.

The thing I was surprised about was they are suddenly realizing that guys like me are right. Landry Jones is for real. Bob, Josh and jay have us loaded at Wide Receiver, TE and RB/WRs that can play in different positions and be a threat anywhere. With Broyles, Stills and Reynolds.....you'd think the was enough of a threat for any Team but from there....we have Whaley, Hanna, Finch, Millard, Haywood and Miller who can all catch passes and pour on extra yardage after the catch. Jones has the stats to back up his reputation too. Is he perfect? Nope....but when you look at how many plays this offense throws at opposing defenses and just how well they do it....you are going to have to outscore Landry and the Sooners because so far...nobody has been able to outproduce Landry or beat The Sooners Incredible Defense.

We are Stacked and ready on Offense and Defense and so many in the depth Chart are getting Game Experience that I have a hard time picking any Team in the Top 25 that can out shine us. They might at the end of the Season have a lucky Day against us....but IMO...that's what it's going to take anyone left on our Schedule is luck as nobody is better than us right now.

The only Luck I know about is at Stanford and he's a good QB but I don't see them taking this OU Team Down. They had their chance at the Sun Bowl a few years ago and we are a lot better now than we were then.....they are just better at QB.

We rule and these Homers are being forced to admit it due to how we are playing.

BoulderSooner79
10/13/2011, 05:13 PM
I'm going to have to disagree about Stanford. They are a lot better than they were in the Sun Bowl and not just at QB. Their defense is much better too - but they are not as good as OU.

StoopTroup
10/13/2011, 07:21 PM
I'm going to have to disagree about Stanford. They are a lot better than they were in the Sun Bowl and not just at QB. Their defense is much better too - but they are not as good as OU.

Who have they played this year?

Watch as Oregon smokes them Nov. 12th. And I don't mean pulls an upset....I mean clobbers them.

8timechamps
10/13/2011, 07:30 PM

Watch as Oregon smokes them Nov. 12th. And I don't mean pulls an upset....I mean clobbers them.

That's the unknown about Stanford...defense.

I've seen Luck play a few different times, and he is good. However, as you mentioned, they haven't really played anyone.

En_Fuego
10/13/2011, 08:15 PM

"..our running game sucks..." "...our kicking game suck..." "...LJ has a few brain freezes on the road..." "...fire Venables..." "...our secondary can't cover...." "...our linebackers don't get off blocks...." "...our kick coverage is an embarrassment..." "...our O-line can't create any holes..." "...our DTs are average at best..." "...etc..."

And Jimmy Stevens wont grow taller !!!!!!!!!!

BoulderSooner79
10/13/2011, 08:33 PM

I'd pick UO too, if the game were played today (although the James injury would make me think hard about it). But I'm going by the eyeball test - they are a better team than '09 just as we are. I live within a few miles of the Stanford campus, so their games are all televised here. As we've seen from FSU and Mizzou results, we haven't exactly hit murders row ourselves, but you can tell we are a good team.

The Ghost of Mex
10/13/2011, 09:17 PM
I'd pick UO too, if the game were played today (although the James injury would make me think hard about it). But I'm going by the eyeball test - they are a better team than '09 just as we are. I live within a few miles of the Stanford campus, so their games are all televised here. As we've seen from FSU and Mizzou results, we haven't exactly hit murders row ourselves, but you can tell we are a good team.

I'm going the be straight up with you on a few things here Boulder...

1. You mention "the eyeball test" in your post. I assume you are referring to a visual acuity test performed by a trained Optometrist using a Snellen chart. How does this procedure help you evaluate the strength of one team over the other. This simply doesn't jive with me...

2. You mention that you live "within a few miles of the Stanford campus", yet you use the handle BoulderSooner79. This screen name implies you must live in or near Boulder, on a bolder or have bench pressed a boulder 79 times. This inconsistency is inconsistent and makes me think you are not being consistent here...

3. I'm thankful we "haven't exactly hit murders row." This is football, not some psycho horror movie where our team gets slashed to pieces by some corpse in a hockey mask and a burn victim with and Edward Scissorhands complex. Seriously...

4. As a matter of fact, I can tell we are a good team...

I've got my "eye" on you Boulder...

8timechamps
10/13/2011, 09:27 PM

1. You mention "the eyeball test" in your post. I assume you are referring to a visual acuity test performed by a trained Optometrist using a Snellen chart. How does this procedure help you evaluate the strength of one team over the other. This simply doesn't jive with me...

2. You mention that you live "within a few miles of the Stanford campus", yet you use the handle BoulderSooner79. This screen name implies you must live in or near Boulder, on a bolder or have bench pressed a boulder 79 times. This inconsistency is inconsistent and makes me think you are not being consistent here...

3. I'm thankful we "haven't exactly hit murders row." This is football, not some psycho horror movie where our team gets slashed to pieces by some corpse in a hockey mask and a burn victim with and Edward Scissorhands complex. Seriously...

Oh really? Well how 'bout a little truth back at you?

1. You call yourself The Ghost of Mex, however, I am almost 100% sure that ghosts can't look at the innerweb (let alone type)! And I would know, because I've watched a ton of ghost chaser type shows and such.

2. Is "Mex" short for Mexico? I think not! Mexico is a country, and countries DON'T die, therefore, it would be impossible for a country to have a ghost! I told you, I watch a lot of ghost hunter type programs.

3. Every time I look at your avatar, I think it's two dogs getting it on. When in reality, it's one dog with wings. Are you trying to fool us? Huh?

Remember, every time you point a finger, four are pointing right back at you!

I'm watching you Mex. Really close.

oudivesherpa
10/13/2011, 09:40 PM
When we played Stanford, Luck was hurt. I saw Luck play in High School, and he has
Really developed since HS. It is no secret that Luck will be a a number one or two
Overall pick in the NFL draft. Landry will be a late first round or second pick, he should
Stay at OU another year. OU is a more complete team and would be a 10 point favorite
Versus Stanford on a neutral field.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/13/2011, 10:04 PM

What?

stoops the eternal pimp
10/13/2011, 10:06 PM
Landry will be gone before late 1st/early 2nd..If there is one thing we know, the NFL lacks good qood quarterback play and someone will take him top 15..Teams are jumpy at drafting the quarterback spot so even if he is late 1st/early 2nd round talent, he will go early

BoulderSooner79
10/13/2011, 10:39 PM

What?

+1 (as in, er?)

soonerboy_odanorth
10/13/2011, 10:45 PM

Hey! If you're going to quote me you need to at least give me the byline... or at least a footnote. Sheesh!

StoopTroup
10/13/2011, 10:56 PM

You have every reason to feel like our Team will let us down and not pull off a National Championship. We've been there and many of us have actually gone to those Games and walked away disappointed. However...I've been watching guys like Bradford and Gresham come back instead of move on to the NFL and they have gotten hurt. Thing is....Landry was the guy to come in and replace Bradford and he's continued to lead us to two Bowl Wins as our Team continued to get better and better.

I'm putting it out there and have been since the Season started. We are the Best Team in the Country. It's started that way in the polls and unless we lose....it ends that way. Some Fans have freaked when we dropped in the AP Polls but as many of us know....The AP is just a place for Media Homers to Vote. It has nothing to do with picking a Champion.

Eyeball Test. Good One.

I did the Testicle Check and I passed.

LMAO

BoulderSooner79
10/13/2011, 11:15 PM
You have every reason to feel like our Team will let us down and not pull off a National Championship. We've been there and many of us have actually gone to those Games and walked away disappointed. However...I've been watching guys like Bradford and Gresham come back instead of move on to the NFL and they have gotten hurt. Thing is....Landry was the guy to come in and replace Bradford and he's continued to lead us to two Bowl Wins as our Team continued to get better and better.

I'm putting it out there and have been since the Season started. We are the Best Team in the Country. It's started that way in the polls and unless we lose....it ends that way. Some Fans have freaked when we dropped in the AP Polls but as many of us know....The AP is just a place for Media Homers to Vote. It has nothing to do with picking a Champion.

Eyeball Test. Good One.

I did the Testicle Check and I passed.

LMAO

But I was talking about Stanford vs. UO (the ducks) - nothing about OU. I did say Stanford '11 was better than Stanford '09 when when OU '09 played them, but not better than OU '11. But I'm glad you passed the testicle test. I let my wife perform that test for me, since I keep mine in her purse.

8timechamps
10/13/2011, 11:28 PM
But I was talking about Stanford vs. UO (the ducks) - nothing about OU. I did say Stanford '11 was better than Stanford '09 when when OU '09 played them, but not better than OU '11. But I'm glad you passed the testicle test. I let my wife perform that test for me, since I keep mine in her purse.

I knew it! My gf just keeps referencing that she has my balls....now I know where to look for 'em!

StoopTroup
10/14/2011, 12:17 AM

lol

StoopTroup
10/14/2011, 12:18 AM
I knew it! My gf just keeps referencing that she has my balls....now I know where to look for 'em!
heh

FirstandGoal
10/14/2011, 08:11 AM
So now you guys will all finally agree as to who has all the real power in this world?

Good, now we can carry on with the rest of the discussion...

Bourbon St Sooner
10/14/2011, 08:16 AM
Can OU play with bama and lsu? The whole question is condescending. But what do you expect from circle-jerk country. **** the sec and their tin shacks.