PDA

View Full Version : It's not so much that i hate apple...

sanantoniosooner
10/13/2011, 03:53 PM
It's that I hate people that use apple products

Zin
10/13/2011, 03:56 PM
Resistance is futile.

yermom
10/13/2011, 03:59 PM
i used to feel this way. then they moved to OS X.

8timechamps
10/13/2011, 04:01 PM
It was bad at first, but now Apple has saturated the market on so many levels that it's hard to find someone that isn't an Apple user (iPod, iPhone, iPad, iMac).

Boomer.....
10/13/2011, 04:02 PM
I'm not a Mac guy either.

NormanPride
10/13/2011, 04:09 PM
I would use it, but it's not price effective.

Lott's Bandana
10/13/2011, 04:15 PM
You loathe me then.

I'm so not a typical Machead, yet I have several Apple products, including an iPad2, Mac, 3rd iPhone arriving tomorrow, an iPod somewhere and Apple TV.

I feel your hot seething detestitude.

sanantoniosooner
10/13/2011, 04:17 PM
It's the arrogant cult mentality.

I actually can't wait until some hacker brings the whole kingdom to tears. And it WILL eventually happen.

NormanPride
10/13/2011, 04:26 PM
Actually got into an argument with a coworker that Steve Jobs > Thomas Edison. Poppycock.

achiro
10/13/2011, 04:29 PM

I actually can't wait until some hacker brings the whole kingdom to tears. And it WILL eventually happen.
Watch out! Steve Jobs is going to go all poltergeist on you!

Lott's Bandana
10/13/2011, 04:43 PM
Actually got into an argument with a coworker that Steve Jobs > Thomas Edison. Poppycock.

You could perhaps compare Jobs with Ford.

Only because he (and Woz) came out with a user-friendly design which allowed the people SAS can't stand to adopt and create a culture. This culture diluted into the average Joe that Microsoft targeted, after seeing how a computer (and there are those of us that are old enough that the word "computer" was quite impressive at one time) could become a household appliance because of all those Apple-heads and their fierce loyalty and capability.

Ford and his Model T in every driveway.
Jobs and how the PC (from Macintosh) is in every household.

It's my analogy and I ran with it.

I'm typing this on my Mac w/OSX Lion. As a photographer, it is as important as my camera most times...

Frozen Sooner
10/13/2011, 04:45 PM

Don't buy an Apple! Eventually someone will design a virus that will target them! Get this PC instead, because there's already tons of viruses designed for it!

Wait, what?

sanantoniosooner
10/13/2011, 04:47 PM
"Macs can't get viruses"

The day is coming

sanantoniosooner
10/13/2011, 04:51 PM
I run across MANY people that think they are impervious to viral attack on their Macs. It will eventually bite them in the butt if they buy into that false hype.

Frozen Sooner
10/13/2011, 04:52 PM
I run across MANY people that think they are impervious to viral attack on their Macs. It will eventually bite them in the butt if they buy into that false hype.

I run into people all the time who think their anti-virus program renders them impervious to a new exploit.

yermom
10/13/2011, 04:53 PM
so you prefer the one that has virus problems to the one that in some as yet undetermined time will?

sanantoniosooner
10/13/2011, 04:53 PM
And I'm not debating it with you froze. You'll just change your mind later and pretend it never happened ;-)

sanantoniosooner
10/13/2011, 04:55 PM
I'm cautious on the net because I know the dangers. Some I know surf the net like a teenager hammering anything that doesn't run away

Frozen Sooner
10/13/2011, 04:57 PM
And I'm not debating it with you froze. You'll just change your mind later and pretend it never happened ;-)

Um, OK?

yermom
10/13/2011, 04:58 PM
I'm cautious on the net because I know the dangers. Some I know surf the net like a teenager hammering anything that doesn't run away

yeah, and most people still do that with Internet Explorer. until that's no longer the case, Windows/IE will be the target of choice.

sanantoniosooner
10/13/2011, 05:00 PM
Um, OK?fusion razors suck...straight razors are the best....oops now's I endorse the fusion razors...:-)

sanantoniosooner
10/13/2011, 05:02 PM
BTW...you two aren't exactly the best ambassadors to make apple geeks likeable :D

KantoSooner
10/13/2011, 05:06 PM
I just got terminally tired of 'InstaFreeze XT' or 'AlwaysCrash97' or whatever the last piece of software was that I used on my PC and the inability to search internally, and...

then I got an apple and, after a maddening two week transition, finally had a computer that worked.

I guess it's kind of like owning a German or Japanese car in the 1970's and '80s: you paid more but at least you had something that started when you turned the key and the doors and tires didn't fall off.

MS and PCs have gotten lots better. Maybe, in the next 5-7 years, they'll actually catch up to what Macs can do today.

achiro
10/13/2011, 05:09 PM
BTW...you two aren't exactly the best ambassadors to make apple geeks likeable :D
SAS...makin' friends and takin' names.

C&CDean
10/13/2011, 05:12 PM
I don't even know what this stupid thread is about.

yermom
10/13/2011, 05:29 PM

i'm more of a Linux geek, really. but i still think Apple's GUI is the most stable and usable out there.

sanantoniosooner
10/13/2011, 05:51 PM
I don't even know what this stupid thread is about.
Pretty bad when a stupid thread sails over that chrome dome :-)

jumperstop
10/13/2011, 06:13 PM
I'm sure they are perfectly fine computers and I know the iphone/ipad **** is cool, but to me it's the personality of the people who buy it, not the product. They act like they are better than you for having this computer/phone and that any other computer/phone is a pos compared to it. And most don't even use the other non-apple technology they are dissing so how would they know their device is better? They just spew the same **** that all other apple fags spew without knowing what the hell they are talking about.

People were pissed about the iphone 4s not being the long awaited iphone 5...until Steve Jobs died and then they felt the need to make it the highest selling iphone to date....stupid ****ers and the hipster fag group-think....

Lott's Bandana
10/13/2011, 06:20 PM
I'm sure they are perfectly fine computers and I know the iphone/ipad **** is cool, but to me it's the personality of the people who buy it, not the product. They act like they are better than you for having this computer/phone and that any other computer/phone is a pos compared to it. And most don't even use the other non-apple technology they are dissing so how would they know their device is better? They just spew the same **** that all other apple fags spew without knowing what the hell they are talking about.

People were pissed about the iphone 4s not being the long awaited iphone 5##...until Steve Jobs died and then they felt the need to make it the highest selling iphone to date....stupid ****ers and the hipster fag group-think....####

## Yes

#### No

I was disappointed it wasn't the 5, but I bought the 4S because I don't want to wait a year with my 3GS when I can spend that year with IOS5 4S capabilities and a much better battery.

jumperstop
10/13/2011, 06:36 PM
## Yes

#### No

I was disappointed it wasn't the 5, but I bought the 4S because I don't want to wait a year with my 3GS when I can spend that year with IOS5 4S capabilities and a much better battery.

You're an exception to the rule. Aren't you old anyways? I was refering to the apple fags who wear the tight pants and dress to look poor/homeless, and hate everything mainstream except apple products....

8timechamps
10/13/2011, 06:58 PM
You're an exception to the rule. Aren't you old anyways? I was refering to the apple fags who wear the tight pants and dress to look poor/homeless, and hate everything mainstream except apple products....

So, you hate the homeless....

jumperstop
10/13/2011, 07:02 PM
So, you hate the homeless....

Hate such a strong word...annoyed/envious is better....

Lott's Bandana
10/13/2011, 07:07 PM

I have facial hair tho! Don't I qualify as a Hipstah?

JohnnyMack
10/13/2011, 07:07 PM

People were pissed about the iphone 4s not being the long awaited iphone 5...until Steve Jobs died and then they felt the need to make it the highest selling iphone to date....stupid ****ers and the hipster fag group-think....

I think Apple is a much more mainstream product than you're willing to acknowledge. I think more people own their product than the small group you're associating it with. I mean they've sold 100,000,000 iPhones and 25,000,000 iPads. Apple didn't become the behemoth it is by selling a product to hipsters. Soccer moms, CEOs and everybody in between uses their product.

Lott's Bandana
10/13/2011, 07:11 PM
I think Apple is a much more mainstream product than you're willing to acknowledge. I think more people own their product than the small group you're associating it with. I mean they've sold 100,000,000 iPhones and 25,000,000 iPads. Apple didn't become the behemoth it is by selling a product to hipsters. Soccer moms, CEOs and everybody in between uses their product.

And iPods are everywhere.

jumperstop
10/13/2011, 07:43 PM

What I'm curious about is how many of those 100,000,000 iphones bought are repeat buyers. Or how many people who bought this most recent one already had an iphone....It just bugs me that "apple" people feel the need to get the very next in the line of phones when theirs is only the one that came out before. Or how many of those were the apple fan boys who need to make sure they have one of each model and color, and post a video of themselves unboxing it on youtube. Although a lot of people have apple products, you can't deny it's those obsessed with having the trendy thing that's driving them in the market.

Lott's Bandana
10/13/2011, 07:59 PM
When I get my 3rd iPhone tomorrow, I'll be sure to video myself opening up the box, with my 2nd iPhone! I would have never thought of that!

::facepalm::

I have a 1st gen, a 3Gs, and now a 4S. I think that progression makes sense, but I am also arguing this so I don't look like one of those fan boys.

Partial Qualifier
10/13/2011, 08:19 PM
Only because he (and Woz) came out with a user-friendly design which allowed the people SAS can't stand to adopt and create a culture. This culture diluted into the average Joe that Microsoft targeted, after seeing how a computer (and there are those of us that are old enough that the word "computer" was quite impressive at one time) could become a household appliance because of all those Apple-heads and their fierce loyalty and capability.

Ford and his Model T in every driveway.
Jobs and how the PC (from Macintosh) is in every household.

It's my analogy and I ran with it.

That's an interesting analogy...

Love them or hate them, Microsoft basically created the personal computing industry. Apple was 2 hairs more than a novelty. Microsoft/IBM didn't so much target the average joe; instead they gave computer users the freedom to grow their systems. Which almost immediately revolutionized the fledgling industry. What happened next had nothing to do with targeting any specific group of people (although they'd probably like to admit they knew the extent of what would happen next)

Back then, Apple's "vertical" architecture was never popular with anyone except light users, school districts and grandmas. IBM (and Microsoft, by proxy) sparked the growth with systems that the owner could repair/upgrade/tinker with themselves. The relative openness of the operating system allowed PC software development to explode which quickly ushered IBM clones w/MS operating systems into the complete ownership of business markets that they still enjoy today.

I've had Macs and PCs at home, each have their own strong suits. Apple gets a ton of credit from me for easily figuring out what most people need from personal consumer electronic devices & phones, and making it easy.

8timechamps
10/13/2011, 08:22 PM
I had a Commadore 64 once. The "disk" drive was a tape recorder.

Lott's Bandana
10/13/2011, 08:24 PM
There are those that believe Macintosh begat Windows because of its ease of interfacing.

At least those that aren't deeply embedded in the tech world...a world that will likely and correctly disagree. But to this neophyte, that explanation makes sense, especially after Jobs said it. ::ducking::

soonerboomer93
10/13/2011, 09:07 PM
Windows biggest security hole?

The end user.

Caboose
10/18/2011, 07:01 PM
It's that I hate people that use apple products

I have found a striking parallel between apple people (apple vs PC) and Nikon people (Nikon vs Canon)....It is not enough for them to prefer apple/Nikon for themselves, but they are positively offended if you dont share in their preference, and they are eager to be rude/smug/condescending/hateful about it too.

Breadburner
10/18/2011, 07:42 PM
I dislike beer snobs and duck hunters alot more.....

OrlandoSooner
10/18/2011, 09:20 PM
I will not stand for this snobbery!

posted from my brand new 4s (PM me if you need video of my cool new gadget)

soonercruiser
10/18/2011, 10:58 PM
PC person forever, aways will be.
But, when it came to buying a tablet - nothing close to the iPad 2.
:stupid:

sooner59
10/19/2011, 12:49 AM
I don't know what all this "cult" stuff is about. I have a macbook pro and I know a ton of other people with macs. Just regular people. I didn't even know how to use this damn thing when I got it. My uncle bought it for me when my Sony Vaio finally crashed after it became slower than hell after 2 years and after 4 years, refused to work anymore. IE and Windows made me want to poke my eye out with an ice pick. I had to download so many antivirus, anti-spyware, anti-adware, etc. that it was slowing down my computer and frustrating me more than the actually viruses. I've had this macbook for over 4 1/2 years now and it runs like the day I brought it home. Don't ask me about all the computer geek crap because I don't know it. I just use it and it doesn't give me ****. I like that, so I tell people wanting advice that if they want it for the same reason I use mine, then go for it. Most computer geeks that I know or ever saw on campus in Norman had PCs that they basically tweaked themselves.

And yeah I have an iphone. Its cool. I didn't go out and compare stats and break down other smart phones, because...well...IDGAS. I know how to use it, so I'm fine with it. I also want an ipad....mostly to use when I'm on the john. Yeah, that's right. And anybody wearing skinny pants needs to be throat-punched. Sometimes it seems like those acting like a cult are the ones that are adamant and outspoken against Apple products. Most of us don't care, we just use them and don't understand what you are yelling about.

OUTromBoNado
10/19/2011, 04:20 AM

"Poppycock?" Really? You're not old enough to say that. You disappoint me.

KantoSooner
10/19/2011, 08:25 AM
That's an interesting analogy...

Love them or hate them, Microsoft basically created the personal computing industry. Apple was 2 hairs more than a novelty. Microsoft/IBM didn't so much target the average joe; instead they gave computer users the freedom to grow their systems. Which almost immediately revolutionized the fledgling industry. What happened next had nothing to do with targeting any specific group of people (although they'd probably like to admit they knew the extent of what would happen next)

Back then, Apple's "vertical" architecture was never popular with anyone except light users, school districts and grandmas. IBM (and Microsoft, by proxy) sparked the growth with systems that the owner could repair/upgrade/tinker with themselves. The relative openness of the operating system allowed PC software development to explode which quickly ushered IBM clones w/MS operating systems into the complete ownership of business markets that they still enjoy today.

I've had Macs and PCs at home, each have their own strong suits. Apple gets a ton of credit from me for easily figuring out what most people need from personal consumer electronic devices & phones, and making it easy.

I suggest 'Inside Intel' for a very readable history of 'the early years'. Marvel at how the X86 archetecture was basically a hail mary to save Intel from the lateness of it's earlier design....and how that has caused many of the annoyances suffered by PC users to this day. Stand aghast as the sainted Steve Jobs tries to corner the market on all things computing by making his beloved code proprietary....and thus allows IBM and MS to depants him and his company for 2 decades. Watch in amazement as HP basically invents half of the cool stuff we now enjoy....and utterly fails in bringing it to market. Admire the financial shenanigans as AMD is pumped and dumped so many times the company starts to think of itself as the girl with low self esteem.

It's a mighty tale of intrique, genius and ego. And a whole lot of pushing of really immature product out the door to meet, many times, non-existent threats.

yermom
10/19/2011, 08:35 AM
isn't Xerox in there somewhere?

NormanPride
10/19/2011, 09:09 AM
"Poppycock?" Really? You're not old enough to say that. You disappoint me.

I'm bringing it back, you ruffian.

47straight
10/19/2011, 10:40 AM
I suggest 'Inside Intel' for a very readable history of 'the early years'. Marvel at how the X86 archetecture was basically a hail mary to save Intel from the lateness of it's earlier design....and how that has caused many of the annoyances suffered by PC users to this day. Stand aghast as the sainted Steve Jobs tries to corner the market on all things computing by making his beloved code proprietary....and thus allows IBM and MS to depants him and his company for 2 decades. Watch in amazement as HP basically invents half of the cool stuff we now enjoy....and utterly fails in bringing it to market. Admire the financial shenanigans as AMD is pumped and dumped so many times the company starts to think of itself as the girl with low self esteem.

It's a mighty tale of intrique, genius and ego. And a whole lot of pushing of really immature product out the door to meet, many times, non-existent threats.

Sounds like a good read, thanks for the tip.

SoonerJack
10/19/2011, 12:37 PM

Sweeping generalization much?

Some people who buy apple products may act like they are better than you, but not all of them. Hell, some people who buy PCs do the same thing. "I can't believe you didn't get an HP. I'm running 5 versions of linux and blah blah blah."

We have macs out the wazoo in our family. They work very well. We also use some windows machines here and there. None of us are fags spewing anything. Sorry to disappoint, bro.

I bring this message of peace to all computer users (IBM, Commodore, RadioShack, NeXt). It's all good.

Fraggle145
10/19/2011, 12:45 PM
I have found a striking parallel between apple people (apple vs PC) and Nikon people (Nikon vs Canon)....It is not enough for them to prefer apple/Nikon for themselves, but they are positively offended if you dont share in their preference, and they are eager to be rude/smug/condescending/hateful about it too.

Sounds a lot like religion. *ducks* ;)

49r
10/19/2011, 02:03 PM
isn't Xerox in there somewhere?

Yep.

Apple was already one of the hottest tech firms in the country. Everyone in the Valley wanted a piece of it. So Jobs proposed a deal: he would allow Xerox to buy a hundred thousand shares of his company for a million dollars—its highly anticipated I.P.O. was just a year away—if parc would “open its kimono.” A lot of haggling ensued. Jobs was the fox, after all, and parc was the henhouse. What would he be allowed to see? What wouldn’t he be allowed to see? Some at parc thought that the whole idea was lunacy, but, in the end, Xerox went ahead with it. One parc scientist recalls Jobs as “rambunctious”—a fresh-cheeked, caffeinated version of today’s austere digital emperor. He was given a couple of tours, and he ended up standing in front of a Xerox Alto, parc’s prized personal computer.

An engineer named Larry Tesler conducted the demonstration. He moved the cursor across the screen with the aid of a “mouse.” Directing a conventional computer, in those days, meant typing in a command on the keyboard. Tesler just clicked on one of the icons on the screen. He opened and closed “windows,” deftly moving from one task to another. He wrote on an elegant word-processing program, and exchanged e-mails with other people at parc, on the world’s first Ethernet network. Jobs had come with one of his software engineers, Bill Atkinson, and Atkinson moved in as close as he could, his nose almost touching the screen. “Jobs was pacing around the room, acting up the whole time,” Tesler recalled. “He was very excited. Then, when he began seeing the things I could do onscreen, he watched for about a minute and started jumping around the room, shouting, ‘Why aren’t you doing anything with this? This is the greatest thing. This is revolutionary!’ ”

Xerox began selling a successor to the Alto in 1981. It was slow and underpowered—and Xerox ultimately withdrew from personal computers altogether. Jobs, meanwhile, raced back to Apple, and demanded that the team working on the company’s next generation of personal computers change course. He wanted menus on the screen. He wanted windows. He wanted a mouse. The result was the Macintosh, perhaps the most famous product in the history of Silicon Valley.

“If Xerox had known what it had and had taken advantage of its real opportunities,” Jobs said, years later, “it could have been as big as I.B.M. plus Microsoft plus Xerox combined—and the largest high-technology company in the world.”

Read more http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/05/16/110516fa_fact_gladwell#ixzz1bFvGOA7j

But the Xerox fanboys are not nearly as loathsome.

:D

Partial Qualifier
10/19/2011, 04:39 PM
They left that part out of Pirates of Silicon Valley

Caboose
10/19/2011, 09:29 PM
Sounds a lot like religion. *ducks* ;)

Truth.

sooner59
10/19/2011, 10:43 PM
Truth hurts.