PDA

View Full Version : If you don't vote for Herman Cain...

Turd_Ferguson
10/13/2011, 12:48 PM
your a racist...

sappstuf
10/13/2011, 12:53 PM
Yep.. Can't debate that.

6dTvSa1rCOY

Bourbon St Sooner
10/13/2011, 12:54 PM
Thanks for your insight. Your been talking to David Duke again?

diegosooner
10/13/2011, 12:57 PM
you're a racist...

Maybe real Italians hate his pizza.

OULenexaman
10/13/2011, 12:58 PM
it would have the black community thinking hummmm.....maybe we should try another brother.

Turd_Ferguson
10/13/2011, 12:58 PM
Maybe some people just don't like him.That didn't work the first go-round...

badger
10/13/2011, 01:31 PM
I like to reward candidates that don't overlook Oklahoma. If he actually cares about Oklahoma during his campaign I will definitely consider voting for him.

Bypasing us for Texas is asking baj to not vote for you :mad:

TUSooner
10/13/2011, 03:56 PM
Did Michelle Bachman actually criticize Cain's 9-9-9 plan because it would bring in too much revenue which the Government would waste?!? I never though ol' Michelle was too smart anyway, but that seems too stupid even for her to say. Did she say thatm , or was it taken out of context?

(I would think that, given the federal debt, more revenue would be OK.)

sappstuf
10/13/2011, 04:04 PM
http://global.nationalreview.com/images/cartoon_101311_A.jpg

CrimsonCream
10/13/2011, 04:47 PM
Ever notice that the far-left Loon fringe of the Democractic Party always slanders Republican female or black candidates? The Loons figure that the woman and black vote are theirs and they will tear down any opposing candidates. Sarah Palin? Michelle Bachman? And now Herman Cain.

Cain is on record as saying he could take at least 30% of the black vote. Now, he's being told to "get off the symbolic crack pipe" and is called an Uncle Tom.

Why is the corrupt Media not calling this racism?

Romney and Cain would kick Obama's greasy @ss.

badger
10/13/2011, 05:51 PM
Meh, there's a lot of name calling in politics on both sides. The best thing people can do to avoid and perception of sexism or racism is to rise above that and focus on the issues.

CrimsonCream
10/13/2011, 05:53 PM
^^^^^

If they did that then Obama would lose by a tremendous landslide.

cleller
10/14/2011, 08:41 AM
Hermain Cain seems a little too much like a guy who thinks he has all the answers. Reminds me a little of Obama in that sense. His competition does tend to make him look like the brightest guy in the room, though.

diverdog
10/14/2011, 12:43 PM
Ever notice that the far-left Loon fringe of the Democractic Party always slanders Republican female or black candidates? The Loons figure that the woman and black vote are theirs and they will tear down any opposing candidates. Sarah Palin? Michelle Bachman? And now Herman Cain.

Cain is on record as saying he could take at least 30% of the black vote. Now, he's being told to "get off the symbolic crack pipe" and is called an Uncle Tom.

Crimson:

I do not think he gets 10% of the black vote. The minute they figure out that they will get a big tax increase they will not vote for him.

Today Ed Schultz was praising Cain for being a great communicator, having a sellable message and running a very well managed campaign. He went to talk about how smart Cain was and the fact that he has gotten so far with so little money. Ed felt the biggest story was Cains campaign where he has no debt and pays his bills. Schultz felt that message would play well with independents.

diverdog
10/14/2011, 12:45 PM

Crimson:

I do not think he gets 10% of the black vote. The minute they figure out that they will get a big tax increase they will not vote for him.

Today Ed Schultz was praising Cain for being a great communicator, having a sellable message and running a very well managed campaign. He went on to talk about how smart Cain was and the fact that he has gotten so far with so little money. Ed felt the biggest story was Cains campaign where he has no debt and pays his bills. Schultz felt that message would play well with independents.

TUSooner
10/14/2011, 04:24 PM
http://global.nationalreview.com/images/cartoon_101311_A.jpg

Someone is missing from that picture.

soonercruiser
10/14/2011, 09:38 PM
Maybe real Italians hate his pizza.

Real Italians don't eat pizza!
:stupid:

SanJoaquinSooner
10/14/2011, 09:55 PM
Real Italians don't eat pizza!
:stupid:

No wonder they hate it.

SanJoaquinSooner
10/15/2011, 08:27 AM
Ok, someone help me out on understanding details of the 9-9-9 plan.

Suppose I'm a hard-working wage-earner who had socked the max into a Roth IRA for many years prior to implementation of the 9-9-9 plan. Suppose I paid an average of 15% in Federal Income Tax on those dollars that went into the Roth.

When I retire, withdraw money from the Roth account, and spend it, do I also have to pay a 9% Federal Sales Tax on these dollars spent (and already taxed)? Or does Cain have a plan so I could file for a tax credit refund at tax time each year?

SanJoaquinSooner
10/15/2011, 01:05 PM
Does the 9% Federal Sales Tax include food? rent? services?

CrimsonCream
10/15/2011, 02:17 PM
A lot of questions to be answered.

Is the 9-9-9 taxes on top of the State taxes? I like the Income Tax and Corporate tax part of it but, then again, Corporations don't pay taxes anyway the Consumers do.

soonercoop1
10/15/2011, 03:19 PM

Is the 9-9-9 taxes on top of the State taxes? I like the Income Tax and Corporate tax part of it but, then again, Corporations don't pay taxes anyway the Consumers do.

I have questions also but Cain is the only one currently in the field I would vote for....will never vote for the RINO Romney and Perry can't seem to think on his feet...

SanJoaquinSooner
10/15/2011, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by CrimsonCream

yes, it would be on top of state taxes.

Veritas
10/16/2011, 10:41 AM
You all do realize that the 9-9-9 plan is not a plan that Cain intends to implement, right?

He's said as much in interviews: he needs something simple and marketable that he can use to communicate his perspective on taxation and the degree to which he values simplicity (sorry, I can't find a link...it was in an interview I watched recently). He gets that most voters aren't going to much research before casting their vote and that winning an election requires something that an attention-deficit populace can latch on to. The 9-9-9 is just a kernel that gives him the ability to neatly segue to more extended dialogues of his perspectives.

SanJoaquinSooner
10/16/2011, 11:05 AM
You all do realize that the 9-9-9 plan is not a plan that Cain intends to implement, right?

He's said as much in interviews: he needs something simple and marketable that he can use to communicate his perspective on taxation and the degree to which he values simplicity (sorry, I can't find a link...it was in an interview I watched recently). He gets that most voters aren't going to much research before casting their vote and that winning an election requires something that an attention-deficit populace can latch on to. The 9-9-9 is just a kernel that gives him the ability to neatly segue to more extended dialogues of his perspectives.

Yes, I've read that his real intention is to move primarily to consumption tax and phase out the income tax. But it's academic, in that he has no reasonable chance of being elected. The better Cain does in the polls, the better it looks for Romney - by default.

MR2-Sooner86
10/16/2011, 07:04 PM
Someone is missing from that picture.

I wonder who...

http://cdn4.diggstatic.com/story/herman_cain_mocked_the_idea_of_a_housing_bubble_in _2005_but_ron_paul_correctly_warned_about_it_in_20 03/o.png

SanJoaquinSooner
10/17/2011, 11:05 PM
OK, I've changed my mind. Cain has a chance of being elected.

NknF4n44OCg

All we are saying,

Is give Cain a chance.

prrriiide
10/18/2011, 09:12 PM
When I retire, withdraw money from the Roth account, and spend it, do I also have to pay a 9% Federal Sales Tax on these dollars spent (and already taxed)?

Yes.

Or does Cain have a plan so I could file for a tax credit refund at tax time each year?

Not that I have seen.

Also, you will lose your mortgage interest deduction, your student loan interest deduction, your child deduction, and just about every other deduction you can think of. Unless, of course, you make your living off of investments like Cain does. The Cap Gains tax goes away.

So...just to be clear:

If you are blessed enough to have money left over to invest after you pay for the skyrocketing prices of gas, your mortgage/rent, utilities and food, you won't pay any taxes on that investment income. However, if you are one of the ones that just didn't learn enough when you got your college degree, or didn't work hard enough before the company downsized you, well...you can go screw yourself.

That's Cain's 9-9-9 plan in a nutshell. It's a boondoggle meant to make the rich richer and for the middle class and poor to pay more for them to do it.

By the way, this is stated on his web site as a rest area on the Fair Tax highway. The Fair Tax...you know...the one that relies on sales tax for the entirely of government revenue. Like they do in Tennessee, Texass, Florida, and a few other states. You know...the ones that had GAPING holes shot in their budgets when the economy tanked. Sorry, I don't want to rely on that for the common defense and other necessary government functions. That's playing russian roulette.

MR2-Sooner86
10/18/2011, 10:51 PM
http://i.imgur.com/N9rzg.jpg

prrriiide
10/19/2011, 04:08 AM
Aaaaand here ya go...from the non-partisan Tax Policy Center:

The important column is the far right-hand one...the one that shows people making over $1 mil a year (like Herman Cain) having an effective tax rate of 17.9%, while people making between $40k and $100k have an effective rate of 23.8%. If you make $100k or less, your effective tax rate will jump anywhere from 4.9% to 19.5%. The median US household income is $50k. Those people will see a nearly 10% tax hike under Cain's plan. Yes. That seems fair.

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/numbers/Content/GIF/T11-0374.gif

prrriiide
10/19/2011, 07:37 PM
Or, put another way...

http://i.imgur.com/QuQCD.jpg