PDA

View Full Version : REALLY KU??

soonersam
10/13/2011, 11:27 AM
If this has already been posted I apologize! I got it from the Meastro on email.

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/4307/kansas.jpg

StoopTroup
10/13/2011, 11:38 AM
Should print those out and head to Lawrence tonight. I wonder if you should wear an OU Shirt?.....lol

CrimsonRez
10/13/2011, 11:43 AM
i cant see it

NormanPride
10/13/2011, 11:50 AM
baj posted it in the meltdown thread, but I agree this deserves its own thread. It is pathetic!

badger
10/13/2011, 11:54 AM
Yes, I posted it along with the Jayhawk fan responses. KU has a unique distinction from other fanbases I've featured, whereas usually the fanbases meltdown AFTER losing. KU has been in non-stop meltdown for weeks now. And it's hilarious. Please check out the latest ones I've posted after you're through giggling here.

And for those making the Lawrence trip, this should tell you all NOT to pay face value. I think this letter is to students only, but you know what broke students will do: Resell free tickets for whatever they can.

OULenexaman
10/13/2011, 11:58 AM
what a great way for students to raise a lot of beer money...

oumartin
10/13/2011, 01:10 PM
at least KU is smart enough to try to fill the stadium. OSU will let their stadium site 1/2 empty rather than give away a ticket

soonersweetie
10/13/2011, 02:36 PM
that's just sad, in a pathetic, they are trying too hard kinda way.

I kinda feel bad for Turner Gill. He would have been better off staying at Buffalo. At least they won a few games.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/13/2011, 02:55 PM
at least KU is smart enough to try to fill the stadium. OSU will let their stadium site 1/2 empty rather than give away a ticketAggy is as aggie does! Whookem whorns! Cows GO!!!

Bourbon St Sooner
10/13/2011, 03:24 PM
what a great way for students to raise a lot of beer money...

It doesn't sound like selling football tickets is a way to make much money up there.

Lott's Bandana
10/13/2011, 04:33 PM
Try for one of those recliner cushion-y seats in the South EndZone. That would be sweet!

Course, by the 3rd quarter, with this late start, I'd be asleep.

humblesooner
10/13/2011, 04:55 PM
at least KU is smart enough to try to fill the stadium. OSU will let their stadium site 1/2 empty rather than sell a single game ticket to a Sooner for an overinflated price

FIFY

badger
10/13/2011, 05:10 PM
Humble, to humbly disagree, KU was hoping to milk the Sooners for more money too, charging $80 face for this game. I doubt any other game (except perhaps KSU) has face that high.

The fact that they are giving them away now? They're just trying not to lose any more concession money than this 2-win start has done for them.

MyT Oklahoma
10/13/2011, 05:50 PM
The KSU tickets are also $80.

agoo758
10/14/2011, 01:26 AM
I feel bad for the guy who has to print out this letter, and make copies. :(

BigTip
10/14/2011, 09:43 AM
And we worry about the lame schools that we might have to ask to join the Big 12?

It's a damn good thing they have a basketball program or they would be totally worthless.

Soonerjeepman
10/14/2011, 09:50 AM
if it's a "student ticket" you'll need a ku student ID to get in...wouldn't touch that with a 10 ft poll...

unfortunately I already paid face to OU...but I'm in the OU section...course, by the end of the game that will be the whole stadium....

BOOMER SOONER!!!

rekamrettuB
10/14/2011, 11:32 AM
They really need to drop the Heckle and Jeckle mascot.

EatLeadCommie
10/14/2011, 11:54 AM
at least KU is smart enough to try to fill the stadium. OSU will let their stadium site 1/2 empty rather than give away a ticket
I was told last week that OSU was selling KU game tickets for $105. OU-TX tickets were $110. What's wrong with that picture?

badger
10/14/2011, 12:06 PM
A favor to ask of anyone making the trip:

Start Boomer Sooner chants.

Make it so that it's loud enough to hear on TV.

Those chalkie rockie bastards invaded our LNC last basketball season and were doing Rock Chalk at the end. AT OUR HOME COURT. There were at least a thousand there. The sympathetic KU fans around me were giggling sympathetically when I was all like "SOMEONE COVER MORNINGSTAR (gets passed the ball) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (as he takes yet another 3)"

Please remind them that it's football season and we pwn them till basketball starts. Please.

Plexis22
10/14/2011, 10:22 PM
And I have two extra tickets....might be a hard sell in Lawrence...

BB37
10/14/2011, 11:06 PM
And I have two extra tickets....might be a hard sell in Lawrence...

Shoot, it might be hard to give 'em away...

SoonerObsession
10/14/2011, 11:29 PM
As sad as this is, our basketball program may have to do the same thing to fill the seats.

VA Sooner
10/15/2011, 12:00 AM
Going to be a long night for the Jayhawks... better send that ticket back or better yet... sell it to a fellow OU fan.

swardboy
10/15/2011, 04:34 AM
I remember an unbeaten 1975 Sooner squad made up of Selmons, Washington, Davis, Peacock, T. Owens, et. al., who swaggered into Lawrence one fall day with a 30+ win streak.....only to fall to the lowly Jayhawks.

Damn Cromwell.

Lott's Bandana
10/15/2011, 08:01 AM
Your memory is shot.

That game was in Norman.

King Barry's Back
10/15/2011, 08:14 AM
Your memory is shot.

That game was in Norman.

I was at that game. I would have been eight years old. OU had gone undefeated (10-0-1) in 1973, and undefeated and NC at 12-0 in 1974.

I had seen the Sooners tie USC in the Coliseum, but that KU game was the first time I ever saw, or even knew of, OU losing a game.

Soonerjeepman
10/15/2011, 08:16 AM
actually Badger...basketball started in Lawrence last night..Friday....it was midnight madness...

I'm sure all the talk on campus is about basketball already! LOL..

Flagstaffsooner
10/15/2011, 08:48 AM

King Crimson
10/15/2011, 09:22 AM
Your memory is shot.

That game was in Norman.

exactly. i was there. i was 5 years old. we fumbled about 245 times. Nolan Cromwell.

no matter, though. Nebraska choked against Mizzou and Joe Washington wins for us in Columbia. Orange Bowl W over Michigan. another NC. ho hum.

badger
10/15/2011, 10:04 AM
actually Badger...basketball started in Lawrence last night..Friday....it was midnight madness...

I'm sure all the talk on campus is about basketball already! LOL..

I can picture it now.

KU fans: YAYYYYY BASKETBALL!

(announcer: And now, a special message from Turner Gill)

KU fans: Who????

Turner: Hello fellow Jayhawks, I'm Turner Gill, head football coach of the University of Kansas Jayhawks.

KU fans: Oh... we still have football?

Turner: We have a very tough game tomorrow so I am going to be dropping free tickets from this arena for you to use...

KU fans: (catching the free tickets) YAY!!!! FREE BASKETBALL TICKETS!!!!!!!

Turner: To see your Kansas Jayhawks...

KU fans: YAYY!YYYYYYY ROCK CHALK!!!!!!

Turner: Take on the Oklahoma Sooners...

KU fans: THEY SUCK!!!!!!

Turner: ...in football.

KU fans: Ewwwww. (everyone simultaneously drops the free tickets)

Turner: (awkward silence)

(announcer: Drew Gooden will sign autographs at tomorrow's football game. Will you please pick up the tickets you all just dropped now?)

KU fans: Oh... Drew Gooden. Well, he's ok I guess.

(announcer: And Kirk Henrich.)

KU fans: WE LOVE KIRK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

swardboy
10/15/2011, 11:46 AM
Your memory is shot.

That game was in Norman.

Oh yeah. Sorry. Got to go. Time for the nurse to change my diaper.

Lott's Bandana
10/15/2011, 01:20 PM
My buddy and I left that game at halftime. OU was full of suckage by then.

We walked over to a deserted Campus Corner and played foosball at Toto's until the game ended. Not really playing, just in a fog. I mean seriously...Kansas?

The town that week was like someone put quaaludes in the Norman wells.