PDA

View Full Version : Going to Kansas game?

Whet
10/13/2011, 11:25 AM
Ryan Broyles will break the NCAA record for receptions during this game! He needs only 4, which he could get in the Sooners 1st possession. Hopefully, there will be a large contingent of Sooners there to celebrate this record breaking event with Ryan and the Sooners! KU tickets are inexpensive and there is still time to make your plans to go!!

Travel, parking and tailgating information:

Set Your GPS
Set your GPS to 1101 Mississippi Street, Lawrence, Kansas 66045
From the East (Kansas City International Airport)
Kansas City International Airport is 60 miles to the northeast. As you exit the airport, turn left onto I-29 North. Continue on I029 for several miles to I-435 South. Continue on I-435 South to the junction of I-70 West. Take I-70 West to Lawrence. Exit I-70 at exit #202 (West Lawrence). Follow Iowa Street to 9th Street, turn left on 9th Street, turn right on Mississippi Street. Memorial Stadium will be on the left at the intersection of Mississippi Street and W. 11th Street. Allow one and a half hours driving time from KCI to Lawrence.
FYI - Exit #204 (East Lawrence) will be closed due to construction until approximately the end of November.
From the West (Forbes Field)
Forbes Field is located in Topeka, Kansas, approximately 30 miles west of Lawrence. Travel on Highway 75 North to I-70 East. Exit I-70 at exit #202 (West Lawrence). Follow Iowa Street to 9th Street, turn left on 9th Street, turn right on Mississippi Street. Memorial Stadium will be on the left at the intersection of Mississippi Street and W. 11th Street. Allow 45 minutes driving time from KCI to Lawrence.
From the Southwest (Wichita Mid-Continent Airport)
Wichita Mid-Continent Airport is located in Wichita, Kansas, approximately 165 miles southwest of Lawrence. As you exit the airport, merge onto Highway 54 East to I-35 North toward El Dorado/Kansas City. Continue on I-35 North to I-335 North. I-335 becomes I-470 East, which will become I-70. Exit I-70 at exit #202 (West Lawrence). Follow Iowa Street to 9th Street, turn left on 9th Street, turn right on Mississippi Street. Memorial Stadium will be on the left at the intersection of Mississippi Street and W. 11th Street. Allow two hours and 40 minutes driving time from KCI to Lawrence.

Shuttle Bus Parking
Shuttle bus services are available at the Burge Student Union in Lot 72 and at the north side of Lot 90 south of Robinson Center across Naismith Drive from Allen Fieldhouse. Shuttle service runs from two hours prior to game time until kickoff and restarts at the end of the third quarter until 30 minutes after the game. Parking in Lots 72 and 90 is $20 per stall. Handicapped accessible shuttle buses are available from these lots.

RV Parking
Parking for recreational vehicles is available in Lot 90, across from Allen Fieldhouse, for $20 per stall used. Shuttle bus service is available from this lot.

Tailgating Rules
Tailgating is permitted only in designated areas. Out of respect for other fans, please tailgate only in front of or behind your own parking space. Please keep traffic lanes open. Portable restroom facilities have been provided in parking areas surrounding Memorial Stadium for your convenience.
• The 23 parking lots adjacent to Memorial Stadium have been designated as the "Proud to be a Jayhawk" fund-raising activity tailgating area. Consistent with Board of Regents and University policies, alcohol may be consumed at university-sponsored fund raising events.
• Alcohol may be consumed only during a three-hour period before kickoff and during halftime in the designated tailgating area. Consumption of alcoholic beverages must end 30 minutes following the open kickoff and 15 minutes following the second half kickoff. Alcoholic beverages must be transported off-campus following the end of the game.
• Designated tailgating areas are clearly marked by signage throughout campus. Consumption of alcoholic beverages is not permitted outside of the designated tailgating areas. Underage drinking, disorderly conduct or other unlawful conduct will not be tolerated.
• No kegs or other containers with a capacity greater than one gallon may be brought into the area. Fans are strongly encouraged not to use or bring glass containers into the tailgating areas.
• Alcohol may not be brought into Memorial Stadium.
• No alcohol will be sold in the tailgating areas, in Memorial Stadium or elsewhere on the KU campus.
• Individuals on foot will be allowed to bring their picnics into the designated tailgating areas.
• Guests should tailgate in front of or behind their own vehicle only and all fans are asked to be considerate of their tailgating neighbors. Vehicles may occupy ONLY ONE parking space and the saving of parking spaces is not allowed.
• Adults should be aware of their children's location at all times.
• Guests are asked to dispose of trash in proper receptacles and extinguish their flames and grills safely. There will be no flames or gills permitted in the Mississippi Street Garage (PF). Grills may be used outside of the garage on grassy areas.
• Parking lots and roadways should be kept clear of tailgating games, e.g., ball-tossing. Please use the grassy areas to play games. Fans are asked not to block or impede other vehicular traffic before, during or after the game.

badger
10/13/2011, 11:57 AM
Advice dog says DO NOT BUY FACE VALUE TICKETS. KU's giving them away to fans at this point just to avoid national TV embarrassment. You will find them for far less.

milesl
10/13/2011, 12:39 PM
I live in Kansas City and I was going to go to the game and buy a student ticket. My bother just sent me this message - I'm not sure if it is true.
IMPORTANT message for anyone attending the OU-KU game
DO NOT BUY STUDENT TICKETS!!! There will probably be a lot of KU students trying to sell tickets to the game. The KU Athletic Department is giving one free ticket to every student who requests one. I expect a lot of those will be for sale cheap. However, KU announced that anyone trying to enter the stadium with a student ticket of any kind would have to show a student ID card.

MyT Oklahoma
10/13/2011, 05:49 PM
KU is going to die.

badger
10/13/2011, 05:53 PM
I live in Kansas City and I was going to go to the game and buy a student ticket. My bother just sent me this message - I'm not sure if it is true.
IMPORTANT message for anyone attending the OU-KU game
DO NOT BUY STUDENT TICKETS!!! There will probably be a lot of KU students trying to sell tickets to the game. The KU Athletic Department is giving one free ticket to every student who requests one. I expect a lot of those will be for sale cheap. However, KU announced that anyone trying to enter the stadium with a student ticket of any kind would have to show a student ID card.

That's total BS if they're doing that. The letter that's making the intraweb rounds right now says to bring a friend or a parent or anyone... in other words, people that wouldn't have student tickets.