PDA

View Full Version : will trey franks

lasooner123
10/12/2011, 10:35 PM
ever see the starting lineup again. i think he has been surpassed by reynolds and may not get that spot back. I cant see him starting next yr either especially if we somehow get DGB on top of metoyer and neal

yankee
10/12/2011, 11:22 PM
Yes, I think he will. How quickly we forget the very solid season he had last year. If he keeps his head on straight and continues to work hard and with Broyles and Miller moving on, I definitely think he has a shot at starting next year or the year after.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/12/2011, 11:23 PM
ever see the starting lineup again. i think he has been surpassed by reynolds and may not get that spot back. I cant see him starting next yr either especially if we somehow get DGB on top of metoyer and neal

Franks will have a much better shot at the start than any of the three you mention. We have no idea if they will actually pan out to be as good as advertised. And people underestimate the learning curve they will face. In fact, Kameel Jackson has a much better chance to start than any of the three you mention. Not to mention... Justin McCay and Sheldon McClain are both working for their opportunities.

The good news is that it appears out of all the above mentioned we are going to put a pretty decent WR corp on the gridiron.

Yes, I grossly understated that for effect.

lasooner123
10/12/2011, 11:34 PM
green beckham will start day one wherever he is....hes a peterson, julio jones type talent

PLaw
10/12/2011, 11:41 PM
Regardless, the intense competition at WR should be enough motivation for Trey to keep his head on straight. Any immature screw ups will find him missing reps and put him at a huge disadvantage.

Yes, Mr. Franks, this is OKLAHOMA and we will win with or without you. That said, we hope you learned from your recent trip to the dog house and understand the opportunity that you have. Just remember, there are other young guns looking for their opportunity to take your PT.

BOOMER

Iam4OUru
10/13/2011, 12:41 AM
Petrino's wideout crew is called the best in college football this year. Do you really think they, as a group, are any better than OUr's? I just don't see how.

oudavid1
10/13/2011, 12:55 AM
Petrino's wideout crew is called the best in college football this year. Do you really think they, as a group, are any better than OUr's? I just don't see how.

Well they were last year with Mallet, Wilson is obviously not Mallet and the offense as a whole is doing less damage without Nile Davis.
I meant Knile!

sooneredaco
10/13/2011, 01:58 AM
[QUOTE=Iam4OUru;3370210]Petrino's wideout crew is called the best in college football this year. Do you really think they, as a group, are any better than OUr's? I just don't see how.[QUOTE]

I'm not a D1 coach and perhaps can't see talent they way Stoops & Co. do, but I'd take our guys over any receiving group in the country! They are the best by a decent margin IMO

JudInKC
10/13/2011, 09:43 AM
Franks played more than I thought he would Saturday after being suspended 2 games. Normally, when a player is suspended under Stoops, it's a long time before they see the field again (Reynolds), but he played in the Texas game when the game was still in doubt and it wasn't because Reynolds was injured.

So, having said that, he will get chances to prove what he can do. He reminds me of Manuel Johnson with his build and speed and I hope he makes some plays for us because we need him.

Speaking of Justin McCay...does anyone know why he isn't playing? He was thought to be a big stud coming out of Kansas when he was in high school. Franks wasn't as highly thought of (as I remember but I don't follow recruiting) yet he's been seeing action since last year and McCay has yet to touch the field. It makes me wonder if that's the difference in Kansas HS prospects and Texas HS prospects because we have a lot from Kansas now (McCay, Bell, Grissom, Musil, Bird, etc.).

cccasooner2
10/13/2011, 09:56 AM
He's listed at #2 behind Stills on the new depth chart. Last time he was only listed for KR duties.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/13/2011, 09:59 AM
I think Franks is our best, most solid bet at KR...

NormanPride
10/13/2011, 10:14 AM
Really? What about Williams?

soonerboy_odanorth
10/13/2011, 10:24 AM
Really? What about Williams?

No way. That fumble against Texas when he took a shot should tell you everything you need to know. He'll potentially get hit even harder on a kickoff return.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/13/2011, 10:25 AM
Right now, Franks is the better guy..Now our KR has been brutal for a while, but I saw Whaley I think return a kick and a couple of other guys...They don't have the field vision Franks has so far

soonerboy_odanorth
10/13/2011, 10:25 AM
Speaking of Justin McCay...does anyone know why he isn't playing? He was thought to be a big stud coming out of Kansas when he was in high school. Franks wasn't as highly thought of (as I remember but I don't follow recruiting) yet he's been seeing action since last year and McCay has yet to touch the field. It makes me wonder if that's the difference in Kansas HS prospects and Texas HS prospects because we have a lot from Kansas now (McCay, Bell, Grissom, Musil, Bird, etc.).

Justin did get some reps, I think both against Mizzou and Ball State. I'd have to go back and look at the participation chart again though...