PDA

View Full Version : Rick Perry refuses to continue traditional Governor's bet

Soonerfan88
10/12/2011, 09:01 PM
I knew better than to put this on the football board since it will turn political anyway.

Probably news to some but I was shocked to find out that Gov. Perry didn't continue the longstanding traditional side bet between governors this year. He's done it before and even had a side bet with Florida over the NBA finals so why not this game? Was he too wrapped up in his campaign to even give a staffer approval to do it for him or did he know how badly the team was going to play?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9hdHA47Wws

SanJoaquinSooner
10/12/2011, 10:48 PM
Sic em raised the issue a few days ago...

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?160625-Gov.-Perry-and-Gov.-Fallin-s-OU-TX-Bet

KantoSooner
10/13/2011, 08:35 AM
One of Perry's many flaws.

Zin
10/13/2011, 08:40 AM
He is an aggie, I am pretty sure he hates texas.

cleller
10/13/2011, 09:15 AM
Maybe he's just no fool. Who would have bet on that pathetic bunch?

Still, governors do foolish stuff all the time to suck up to the voters.

OhU1
10/13/2011, 03:57 PM
He's afraid to offend any potential bluenose Teavangelical out there would might be offended by gambling is my guess.

lexsooner
10/14/2011, 09:43 AM
He's afraid to offend any potential bluenose Teavangelical out there would might be offended by gambling is my guess.

Why is it evangelicals have such a problem with alcohol, gambling, sex, and gays, but so many of them are ok with weighing 350 lbs?

OhU1
10/14/2011, 12:36 PM
Why is it evangelicals have such a problem with alcohol, gambling, sex, and gays, but so many of them are ok with weighing 350 lbs?

That's the thing, as a group they do all the above at the same rate as everyone else. They are a repressed and delusional group.

lexsooner
10/14/2011, 01:38 PM
That's the thing, as a group they do all the above at the same rate as everyone else. They are a repressed and delusional group.

I mean the ones who actually do not drink or gamble or dance and are all uptight about anything gay. Why are these their chosen "sins" to avoid, while gluttony, materialism/idol worship, and other sins are not?

BU BEAR
10/14/2011, 01:52 PM
Would you bet on a team without a QB? I would not. I think he just gave Fallin the traditional spoils.

OhU1
10/14/2011, 03:27 PM
I mean the ones who actually do not drink or gamble or dance and are all uptight about anything gay. Why are these their chosen "sins" to avoid, while gluttony, materialism/idol worship, and other sins are not?

Good question. I think many of these people lie in bed at night terrified that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.