PDA

View Full Version : I honestly couldn't be more surprised if I woke up and my head was sewn to the carpet

Frozen Sooner
10/12/2011, 04:28 PM
No major violations by Auburn in Cam Newton recruitment, investigation closed.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/10/ncaa_says_auburn_finds_no_majo.html

CBUS_SOONER
10/12/2011, 04:29 PM
amazing

OUinFLA
10/12/2011, 04:31 PM
what'd that cost?

htownsooner7
10/12/2011, 04:34 PM
This is laughable. Burden of proof?? How about the people who went on record as saying they had personal knowledge of receiving improper benefits BECAUSE THEY TOOK THE IMPROPER BENEFITS. That is direct evidence.

badger
10/12/2011, 04:37 PM
If there's no proof, there's no proof. If they find something or someone talks eventually, they can reopen the investigation. It's not like the statute of limitations would be over any time soon.

NormanPride
10/12/2011, 04:44 PM
Bull****.

NormanPride
10/12/2011, 04:49 PM
Apparently all the players that said they got benefits in that HBO special "refused to cooperate" with the investigation.

I am so over the NCAA. What a crock.

the-rover
10/12/2011, 06:16 PM
BS

finster
10/12/2011, 06:55 PM
Negotiating Cam and Cecil's Awesome Allotment.

Soonermagik
10/12/2011, 07:13 PM
NCAA cleared him to play, so they wanted to find him innocent. Corruption at its finest!!

3DSooner
10/12/2011, 07:28 PM
what'd that cost?

I'm guessing around $180,000 big ones!

AlbqSooner
10/12/2011, 07:46 PM
NCAA cleared him to play, so they wanted to find him innocent. Corruption at its finest!!
Does this mean that since they suspended the Ohio State players they will hammer them?

Nahhhhh. A laughingstock I tell ya.

The Ghost of Mex
10/12/2011, 08:05 PM
SEC....SEC......S.....E.............C......

8timechamps
10/12/2011, 09:05 PM
Are we really that surprised? If the NCAA wanted to find something, they would have. They might as well have arranged the pay-to-play deal themselves. What a joke!

salth2o
10/12/2011, 09:07 PM
Sure
Everybody
Cheats

King Barry's Back
10/12/2011, 09:23 PM

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner.

For some reason, the NCAA did not want to find any violations. I was shocked they cleared Cam to play, and hope that someday the real story comes out, but once that decision was made they were forced to stay onboard.

I think this will be reopened after there's a changing of the guard. But with the NCAA, the guard changes slowly.

rekamrettuB
10/13/2011, 08:31 AM
Are we seeing this from anywhere else other than al.com? I've been out of the loop and not able to watch or read anything else.

NormanPride
10/13/2011, 09:08 AM
This was a joke from the beginning. He was ineligible the moment his father asked for money, regardless of whether or not he knew about it.

sooneron
10/13/2011, 01:45 PM
Good Lord, I can't imagine having to share a conference with that ****ty fanbase...

Continue to prove what many have already believed as to who was behind the malcious attack against Auburn.

sooneron
10/13/2011, 01:47 PM
And I'm sure this pops up daily on sports blogs...

Sigh... Well I didn't want to defend our NC's today but here we go again,

wballs, seriously...grim undertones of "big brother"...can't you fans get over your complex long enough to take a compliment! I was making a sincere post. I can't even be nice to some of you Auburn fans....even that makes you mad?!?

Now onto our "fabrication" of success. You said: "you can't crown NC before a season is over." Everyone OUTSIDE of Auburn knows that back then the season was "OVER" after you completed your reg. season. The bowl games were not what they are today....they were a party, a prize, a reward trip for the players with an exhibition game to be played.

In fact...a lot of schools didn't even compete in bowl games. There is another school that has 13 national championships....NOTRE DAME. Notre Dame didn't even play a bowl game until after 1970 when they finally made bowl games "officially" part of the championship rewarding process. So Notre Dame won a majority of their NC's without even playing in a bowl. But I don't hear anyone discounting them.

Before football became competitive nationwide...information didn't travel as fast as today (tv's even radios weren't commonplace in majority of homes) It basically took weeks for information to travel...that's another reason that champions were crowned early. As Auburn fans you should understand this notion...as one of your greatest traditions was started for the same reason. (for those who don't know...they began rolling the tumor's trees to signify a road win for auburn...bc there was no other way of alerting the masses.)

Now for football becoming "competitive nationwide"...this is the ironic part. Football was only relevant in the Northeast and parts of the west until 1925. Football was laughable and considered a joke in all other parts of the nation especially the south.(at this time pretty much everything was laughable in the south b/c you must remember we were only 50 years removed from human bondage and the civil war....ever heard your wwii vet. grandpa hate on japan?...same principal) What changed that about football? Alabama beat Washington in the Rose Bowl in 1925 and became the National Champions. It wasn't until then that the rest of the nation started taking Southern football serious....and the SEC has been making them pay for it ever since!

I find it ironic that Auburn fans want to discredit the very championship game that helped put SEC football.... (including Auburn) on the map and finally made it credible.

And all God's children said... AMEN!

Roll Tide

meoveryouxinfinity
10/13/2011, 01:59 PM
This was a joke from the beginning. He was ineligible the moment his father asked for money, regardless of whether or not he knew about it.

THIS. The NCAA set a huge precedent.

silverwheels
10/13/2011, 02:22 PM
I guess this means Boise will get hit with the Death Penalty, since they've already been hit with LOIC. Unless the LOIC was pre-emptive.