PDA

View Full Version : Life Lock - worth using?

landrun
10/12/2011, 09:18 AM
I'm considering using Life Lock. However, I'm not sure if it is legit or just another well told like (aka: marketing) that doesn't deliver what they advertise.

Anyone have any experience/opinions about these guys?

I've heard that if your identity is stolen, it has a long drawn out process where you're treated like a criminal to get it fixed. So, it if is legit, it may be worth using.

olevetonahill
10/12/2011, 09:22 AM
You can get your own Credit report once a year from all 3 agencies for free , stagger em and get one every 4 months and you can do the same thing for free?

Frozen Sooner
10/12/2011, 09:52 AM
Just buy identity theft insurance instead of the LifeLock package. Remember how the CEO used to put his SSN out there and dare people to steal his identity? That turned out kind of badly for him.

Also:

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/03/lifelock-accused-of-running-con-operation/

batonrougesooner
10/12/2011, 02:47 PM
Post your SS#, birthdate, address and mother's maiden name and I'll tell you.

Give me a couple of weeks though.

Penguin
11/15/2011, 03:57 PM
If somebody stole my identity, they'd probably improve my credit.

Midtowner
11/15/2011, 04:02 PM
Fill out a form on the credit bureau sites, pay around $15 each and they'll lock down your credit for 10 years unless you open it up yourself. If someone did steal my identity, they'd never be able to get credit for anything. And besides that, I wouldn't be liable for any business they transact without my consent. It's up to loan companies and credit care companies to verify identities.