PDA

View Full Version : Mike Stoops

CrimsonRez
10/12/2011, 09:09 AM
Has anyone heard about what he is planning on doing? Do you think Bob would invite him back to OU (if he even wanted to come back)? I just don't want him stuck on the coaching carousel his entire career.

Sooner5030
10/12/2011, 09:13 AM
Not sure how much time he head left on his contract. Some settlements can decrease if the coach is really wanting to coach somewhere else soon.

rock on sooner
10/12/2011, 12:07 PM
Wouldn't be surprised to see Mike on the sidelines (See Mangino's visits) as an interested observer....

allanace16
10/12/2011, 12:48 PM
Yeah, I find that to be a highly likely scenario.

But now with Mike out of work, jeez, there's an all-star cast of Stoops assistants out there looking for work. Could someone pull off the Leach-Mangino-Mike package deal? Talk about jumpstarting a team with some good coaching........

WichitaSooner
10/12/2011, 12:51 PM

But now with Mike out of work, jeez, there's an all-star cast of Stoops assistants out there looking for work. Could someone pull off the Leach-Mangino-Mike package deal? Talk about jumpstarting a team with some good coaching........

Urban Meyer will hire all 3 when he accepts the ohio state job...

Soonerntxs
10/12/2011, 12:54 PM
Bob mentioned at the press conf. on Tue. (see Soonersports.com) that he would have to see if they (OU Ath. Dept.) had funding; when he was asked by a reporter about Mike being offered a position with OU.

the-rover
10/12/2011, 12:55 PM

That would be awesome....as long as it's with a school that OU isn't likely to play.

But if it were to happen, which coach would fill which position? Stoops as DC, Leach as OC, Mangino as HC?

stoops the eternal pimp
10/12/2011, 01:01 PM
I don't think you'll ever see Leach and Mike Stoops working together again..Not big fans of each other