PDA

View Full Version : Whorn fans

Ruf/Nek7
10/12/2011, 07:55 AM
As you may know through various sources, I live in Ft. Worth, TX. Therefore, I am surrounded by whorn fans. I will admit, there are less this way than there were in my previous residence in Irving (outside of Dallas). I get a genuine kick out of this because I think it is very typical of their fanbase. Here is a feeble attempt of a timeline:

Weeks before RRR: "We can beat yall. You guys are not that tough looking and Gilbert is much more mature this year"

One week before the RRR: "Man we are going to beat you guys. Our defense is full of young athletes and our two quarterbacks are looking solid. We have Mccoy-Shipley combo 2.0 Did you know their older brothers grew up together and were roommates and fished together?! Hook'em we are going to upset the sooners"

Day of and days after RRMassacre: "Seriously, you shouldnt be shocked by that score. You knew we were overrated by the polls. We are too young to match up to all of your old guys. We will own the Rivalry the next three years"

In no way is this an exaggeration. I have heard several excuses and all are comical. BOOMER...

BigTime1
10/12/2011, 08:20 AM
Im in east texas and it is 100% true. They must have released a statement as to how to answer the questions regarding the RRR because these around here sound EXACTLY the same. I love it.

85sooners
10/12/2011, 08:23 AM
:stupid:

KantoSooner
10/12/2011, 08:25 AM
I have heard no excuses from horns. Come to think of it, none of my horn acquaintances have called or even returned calls.
Funny....

badger
10/12/2011, 08:26 AM
Yes, I too was kind of amused by their reactions on the internets, haven't had to deal with any in person yet.

Basically, the nicer of the two boards were coming up with excuses (like Bob Stoops running up the score and Mack being classier), while the trashier one made fun of Oklahoma as a state and were just screaming obscenities or calling out their own whining Hook em

I hope we never lose and turn nasty like the whorns did after their loss :mack:

fwsooner22
10/12/2011, 08:28 AM
Ever notice how the "we are so intelligent and such a smart school" only matters after they get their a$$ kicked. They are truly a bunch of characters who have extreme difficulty with reality.

badger
10/12/2011, 08:31 AM
ah yes academic smack. northwestern did a bit of that last weekend (after losing in football) :D

olevetonahill
10/12/2011, 08:33 AM
As you may know through various sources, I live in Ft. Worth, TX.

I know this true Cause David tweeted about it

OhU1
10/12/2011, 09:29 AM
One of my assistants is a Horn fan. She has not been to work this week. Some of them are taking it pretty hard I guess? :)

Spritekid
10/12/2011, 12:18 PM
My wife and I attended our first RRR. Although we didn't go to the game we watched from the ATT booth just outside the stadium at the fair. Mixed with OU/TX fans for most of the first half (until they started bleeding off) From what we had heard whorn fans and OSU fans say that OU is some of the classless fans around. After the beat down the whorn fans took I only saw one fan all day that yelled Boomer while walking past a group of whorns. I commented on how well mannered we were in not rubbing it in their faces... Yet I did hear from a lot of people say that 2 years ago when they won, if you had an OU shirt on, the would ridicule you everywhere you went... Flashing their stupid whorn's up in people's face, talking smack to people with kids, even screaming "Oklahoma Sucks" from the car as they are driving by. Very proud to be a Sooner and very proud of the way our fans conducted themselves after the game!!!

Seamus
10/12/2011, 12:42 PM
I know this true Cause David tweeted about it

I LOL'd.

n8v_ndn
10/12/2011, 01:13 PM
I've lived in Austin since '99. This is pretty typical.

When they Win -- They're the best program to ever exist. Some may temper themselves and act like it wasn't a big deal to beat Oklahoma, otherwise it acknowledges we're actually equals in their eyes.

When they Lose -- 1) Academic & Economic Smack comes into play. I've even heard 'Go back to your reservations! from random college kids. 2) They count up the number of Texas kids on the roster and talk about how OU wouldn't be anything without them. 3) They'll emphasize how a Sooner is a thief who stole land only fit for Indians, and that program's built upon a culture of thievery and cheating.

8timechamps
10/12/2011, 01:24 PM
I live in Denver, and the dad of a kid on the football team I coach is a Texas-ex. He assured me the game was going to come down to the final minutes, and texas could very easily win.

I've had three practices since Saturday. He still hasn't shown up. Funny, because he had not missed a single practice the entire season, and his kid has been there.

He's a major whorn fan, so I am 100% sure his absence is due to 55-17.

picasso
10/12/2011, 01:25 PM
I have heard no excuses from horns. Come to think of it, none of my horn acquaintances have called or even returned calls.
Funny....
This is the best case scenario.

badger
10/12/2011, 01:45 PM
Every fanbase has arseholes. Take Texas A&M for example. About a half dozen years ago I was on a bus that was obviously filled with OU supporters heading to College Station. Traffic was start/stop in some areas because football tends to do that, but in a start/move/cruise area, an Aggie fan started trash talking our bus. While driving. On a major highway.

Long story short, he rear-ended another vehicle because he was paying more attention to trash talking OUr bus than the road his car was driving on.

Long post short, the morale of the story is this: Trash talking will bite you in the arse if you don't learn when to shut up.

Ruf/Nek7
10/12/2011, 02:30 PM
Who was it that would constantly remind Herr and other whorn type on here that they went 5-7 last year?

Whoever it was now has new material to constantly remind whorns with and coincedently it still involves 5 & 7.

55-17

Sinyeah12
10/12/2011, 02:38 PM
Walking around all week in my Sooner gear up hear in Nebraska. I couldn't get enough of the people cogratulating me on the victory this week. These guys really hate * up here.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/12/2011, 03:24 PM
The logic I really liked was how Oklahoma only beat Texas by 8 points last season despite Texas being 5-7 and now that Texas was better this season, they would assuredly win. That logic worked out well. That worked about as well as thinking there is no way a 7-5 Oklahoma team in 1999 could win the BCS title in the 2000 season.

oudivesherpa
10/12/2011, 04:00 PM
I live in Houston and my next door neighbor is a Big Horn fan, flys the UT flag. Whenever the Horns win I call and congratulate him, but never a return call.

UTgradOUfan
10/12/2011, 04:08 PM
Who was it that would constantly remind Herr and other whorn type on here that they went 5-7 last year?

Whoever it was now has new material to constantly remind whorns with and coincedently it still involves 5 & 7.

55-17

That would be me.
He comes around here and tries in his smarmy way to act respectable. However, on the whorn boards he reveals who he really is: a hater, a fool and assclown: i.e. typical whorn

OUVarsityXV
10/12/2011, 04:39 PM
My GF is a ut grad. I don't talk **** any more because it comes back to bite you hard. I was in uptown for the game and I was just looking the whorn fans directly in the eyes and stuck my lip out to make a pouty face as if to say "ohhhh nooooooo poor baby." Best idea I have ever had.

Judge Smails
10/12/2011, 04:57 PM
One of my assistants is a Horn fan. She has not been to work this week. Some of them are taking it pretty hard I guess? :)

Maybe she is is Austin trying out for the QB spot?

Jacie
10/12/2011, 07:31 PM
Whorn fans got their first helping of crow for this season. Well my friends, it won't be their last. Little brother is going to Austin this week and wants to give em a bigger portion than OU provided them. I say, more power to em.

Realistically, sa*et is positioned to repeat 5-7. Yes, the whorns will finish 5-7 in consecutive years.

Think about that for a moment. Now, to their credit, they probably won't finish last in the overall conference standings (remember: last year they finished alone at the bottom of the South Division), courtesy of a win over Iowa State and projected victory against Kansas. But 5-7 means they won't go to a bowl, not Holiday, Alamo, Insight, Pinstripe, Meineke Car Care, Cotton, Fiesta or any other bowl. When was the last time that happened, two years of no bowl game (you have to go back to 1991-93)?

Bad times are only beginning for the whorn fans. The RRS was just Act 1.

From the Streaks Coming To An End Department: Mack Brown is 13-0 following the OU/TX game . . .

AlbqSooner
10/12/2011, 07:41 PM
2) They count up the number of Texas kids on the roster and talk about how OU wouldn't be anything without them.

Barry answered this best several years ago.
Oklahoma has given more Texas high school football players the opportunity to win a National Championship than all the Texas Colleges combined.