PDA

View Full Version : OU ends the SEC's run this year

PDXsooner
10/11/2011, 06:43 PM
Why? in one word: PHYSICAL. This is OU's hardest-hitting and most physical team they've put on the field since around 2003. This team hits, and they are laying fools out.

This is the element you notice in those nasty SEC defenses. But OU has an offense that puts the SEC's high-schoolesque offenses to shame. OU is bringing the wood to Bama or LSU and I can't wait for it.

King Barry's Back
10/11/2011, 06:55 PM
I am starting to think this way myself. When we played Tebow and company, their D just took us apart.

I'm sure Mr Stoops has been studying how the SEC does defense the last few years, and I am starting to see the lessons being applied.

If we make it to the BCS championship, it's going to be a different deal this time.

Sooner5030
10/11/2011, 07:03 PM
throw more than 10 yards from the LOS on every 1st down and it will happen. Make them defend the entire field not just near the LOS.

If we crawl into the conservative fetal position then our chances decrease.

Okie35
10/11/2011, 07:15 PM
If we can stop their run game we'll win. That's why we lost to UF.

PDXsooner
10/11/2011, 07:16 PM
Even with some of our great offensive teams I just felt we lack the stifling, hard hitting mentality that is a hallmark of this program. This year's team is fun. Travis Lewis is my favorite Sooner LB To watch since The Boz, and with some of the studs we have had that's saying a lot.

AlboSooner
10/11/2011, 07:20 PM
Both LSU and Bama look pretty stout. I'd rather play Bama which ironically is the team who has a better chance to beat OU.

Sooner5030
10/11/2011, 07:22 PM
if sugar bowl than bama. No way I want to play a bunch of cajuns in their moldy home away from home.

sooneredaco
10/11/2011, 07:25 PM
I'm a believer!!!!!!!!!!!

PDXsooner
10/11/2011, 07:29 PM
Bama will be a challenge, no doubt. But when they step on the field this year they will be in a fight with another bully who hits just as hard.

CBUS_SOONER
10/11/2011, 07:37 PM
boys lets not get ahead of ourselves... we got a lot of work to do first. I hope we get a shot at them

Frozen Sooner
10/11/2011, 07:51 PM
I effing hope so. If OU loses to an SEC team, I'm going to catch a lot of ****.

Okie35
10/11/2011, 08:01 PM
boys lets not get ahead of ourselves... we got a lot of work to do first. I hope we get a shot at them

I don't care who it is. For all we know in a crazy scenario it could end up being Stanford or Wisconsin there.

Lott's Bandana
10/11/2011, 08:05 PM
throw more than 10 yards from the LOS on every 1st down and it will happen. Make them defend the entire field not just near the LOS.

+1

Sabanball
10/11/2011, 08:31 PM
Why? in one word: PHYSICAL. This is OU's hardest-hitting and most physical team they've put on the field since around 2003. This team hits, and they are laying fools out.

This is the element you notice in those nasty SEC defenses. But OU has an offense that puts the SEC's high-schoolesque offenses to shame. OU is bringing the wood to Bama or LSU and I can't wait for it.

First, we dont play a 'high school ' O, buddy. We play much more of an NFL style O than you guys do--balanced with run and pass.

Second, your very good O does not get to play against our O, it has to play against our/LSU's D. Give Saban or the Hat (on his de facto home field) a month to prepare, and I like the SEC's chances.

sooneredaco
10/11/2011, 08:35 PM
[QUOTE=Sabanball;3369387][QUOTE Your very good O does not get to play against our O, it has to play against our/LSU's D. Give Saban or the Hat on his de facto home field a month to prepare, and I like the SEC's chances.[QUOTE]

EFF YOU!!!!!

Sorry it's all I got today

Sam Bradford
10/11/2011, 08:36 PM
Your very good O does not get to play against our O, it has to play against our/LSU's D. Give Saban or the Hat on his de facto home field a month to prepare, and I like the SEC's chances.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc0Ld_Nr_H8

You sure?

-Sam

rock on sooner
10/11/2011, 08:47 PM
O to O both Bama and LSU lose against OU now, never mind the end of the year. Bama D and OU D (Texas intensity) is a push
now, have to see end of year. LSU D and OU D (Texas intensity) OU is on top. The key here is Texas (and FSU) intensity. Do
ya think OUr men will peak? Certain that SEC's will be ready so we just gotta wait and play.....

yankee
10/11/2011, 08:47 PM
I'd like to see us be physical on offense, more specifically the OL and the running game before I make any bold statements about that. There's no doubt the defense is physical and no doubt Dom Whaley is physical, but the OL in the run game? Not sure about that.

PDXsooner
10/11/2011, 08:52 PM
You can pattern your offenses against the NFL if you want but on my tv screen they look weak. On that same screen your defenses look fast and physical.

Sabanball
10/11/2011, 09:02 PM
You can pattern your offenses against the NFL if you want but on my tv screen they look weak. On that same screen your defenses look fast and physical.

Lol...I'll be sure and inform Coach Saban of how they look to you.:smile:

Sabanball
10/11/2011, 09:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc0Ld_Nr_H8

You sure?

-Sam

Yep...sorry but I won't waste time going to youtube like you did and digging up a vid of the '04 or '09 BCSCG. I've got more important things to do...;-)

Besides, do you REALLY think we will put the same effort into a BCSCG with you guys as we did after we lost a heartbreaker to Florida and a meaningless sugar bowl game against now irrelevant Utah??

Soonerus
10/11/2011, 09:06 PM

Tell Coach Humpty Dumpty...

Iam4OUru
10/11/2011, 09:14 PM
Bammer's offense does not draw life from their defense as much as LSU does. At least they are capable of driving the length of the field to score. But, will they be able to do that against a good defense....consistently?

On a scale of 0-10, I would rate LSU's offense no higher than a 6. Their defense and special teams play is spectacular. Their offense sucks!

Iam4OUru
10/11/2011, 09:16 PM
Yep...sorry but I won't waste time going to youtube like you did and digging up a vid of the '04 or '09 BCSCG. I've got more important things to do...;-)

Besides, do you REALLY think we will put the same effort into a BCSCG with you guys as we did after we lost a heartbreaker to Florida and a meaningless sugar bowl game against now irrelevant Utah??

I would have been "meaningless" if you had won.

Sabanball
10/11/2011, 09:22 PM
Bammer's offense does not draw life from their defense as much as LSU does. At least they are capable of driving the length of the field to score. But, will they be able to do that against a good defense....consistently? On a scale of 0-10, I would rate LSU's offense no higher than a 6. Their defense and special teams play is spectacular. Their offense sucks!

The same question could be asked about the Sooner O. FSU, as bad as they are proving to be, held your team to 23, and you struggled a bit with a nobody Mizzou team. The sooners have padded and inflated their stats against Ball st and Texas....

You may ultimately beat us, but there will be no blow-out in the superdome come january. Our two teams are much more evenly matched than most of you here on this board are giving us credit for with all of your jokes and jealousy...AHEM(cough cough) I mean disdain for the SEC...;-)

PDXsooner
10/11/2011, 09:24 PM

No need. He'll see it in person if you beat LSU.

PDXsooner
10/11/2011, 09:27 PM
I think OU and Bama are evenly matched and I haven't seen much suggesting otherwise. The past is not relevant. It is 2011 and from my observation this OU team is different.

Sabanball
10/11/2011, 09:31 PM
I think OU and Bama are evenly matched and I haven't seen much suggesting otherwise. The past is not relevant. It is 2011 and from my observation this OU team is different.

We agree! I just hope we both win out and get there--as I said in another thread, we have unfinished business with you guys.:smile:

Iam4OUru
10/11/2011, 09:37 PM
The same question could be asked about the Sooner O. FSU, as bad as they are proving to be, held your team to 23, and you struggled a bit with a nobody Mizzou team. The sooners have padded and inflated their stats against Ball st and Texas....

You may ultimately beat us, but there will be no blow-out in the superdome come january. Our two teams are much more evenly matched than most of you here on this board are giving us credit for with all of your jokes and jealousy...AHEM(cough cough) I mean disdain for the SEC...;-)

WHOA, Nellie! I never insinuated that OU would blow anybody out. I merely stated that Bammer and LSU rely heavily on their defense to prop up their offenses. I gave you credit for having a great defense. I'm just not impressed with you "balance" on offense should you play a talented and disciplined defense. And, as far a jealousy...I'm not jealous of any SEC team but I do hate them all equally.

Soonerus
10/11/2011, 09:49 PM
The only problem is the MNC Championship game it is in the ghetto Sugar Bowl in downtrodden New Orleans...

Iam4OUru
10/11/2011, 09:58 PM
The only problem is the MNC Championship game it is in the ghetto Sugar Bowl in downtrodden New Orleans...

They got a new roof since '04. :tickled_pink:

OUTrumpet
10/11/2011, 09:58 PM
First, we dont play a 'high school ' O, buddy. We play much more of an NFL style O than you guys do--balanced with run and pass.

Second, your very good O does not get to play against our O, it has to play against our/LSU's D. Give Saban or the Hat (on his de facto home field) a month to prepare, and I like the SEC's chances.

Balanced? We have run the ball 180 times and thrown the ball for 220. That's about a 5% off of complete balance.

Alabama has run the ball 230 times and thrown the ball 175 times. Bama is 7% off being balanced. So guess what? OU runs a more balanced offense.

LSU has run the ball 267 times and thrown the ball 133 times. They run the ball 2/3 of the time! That's 17% off being balanced.

Ask any coach this and they will tell you - total yards means nothing. Of course you're going to get more yards through a pass than through a run. The thing they will tell you is 'do you have the threat to both run the ball and throw the ball on any given down/distance and be successful.' Can you keep ahead of the chains.

We can run the ball and be successful. We can throw the ball and be successful. We are averaging 12 yards per catch and almost 5 yards per carry. We run the ball almost as much as we throw it. That is what balanced is.

If you stick to only our passing game, we have shown we can run the ball very successfully. If you stack the box like Texas did, we will throw the ball and be successful. The thing a defense will have to worry about - can you stop the run and the pass? Do you have to worry about both? A defense playing LSU knows to look for the run more than anything else.

I've read this blather that you've been putting on the board since earlier today. All this means is that Oklahoma is a more explosive offense and has a great opportunity for big plays through the passing game.

Iam4OUru
10/11/2011, 10:09 PM
The only thing I see that Bammer has on us this year is......

they are bowl-eligible and we're not.

En_Fuego
10/11/2011, 10:25 PM

:les: My team is like the pros...........No my team is[hairGel]....No its mine:mack: Aww just have a drink:eddie:

8timechamps
10/11/2011, 10:28 PM
If anyone wants to argue the prowess of the SEC (Bama/LSU) offenes this year, here's the statistical ranking:

TOTAL OFFENSE

Alabama's Total Offense: 41st

LSU's Total Offense: 84th

Oklahoma's Total Offense: 6th

TOTAL DEFENSE

LSU's Total Defense: 5th

Alabama Total Defense: 3rd

Oklahoma's Total Defense: 28th

If we're just looking at the numbers, I'm thinking OU is the team that will be the toughest to beat. And Alabama would be the best team to compete with us for the title.

Soonerus
10/11/2011, 10:30 PM
Jaws theme for OU this year is very appropriate....

stoops the eternal pimp
10/11/2011, 10:52 PM
Sabanball, I think you are a good poster...but are you seriously bumping your conferences chest? I love your alabama stuff, but man..It's like its win/win if Alabama or LSU wins...I just don't get that..Man when texas played alabama, I was wanting the tide to win big...I just don't get conference chest pounding

NYC Poke
10/11/2011, 11:05 PM
The chest-pounding is why A&M is joining the SEC. They need to live vicariously off someone, and they just can't do it with UT.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/11/2011, 11:08 PM
Sabanball, I think you are a good poster...but are you seriously bumping your conferences chest? I love your alabama stuff, but man..It's like its win/win if Alabama or LSU wins...I just don't get that..Man when texas played alabama, I was wanting the tide to win big...I just don't get conference chest poundingThey are still fighting the Civil War down there. SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC BLAH BLAH BLAH

mdklatt
10/11/2011, 11:15 PM
I just don't get conference chest pounding

Other than Texas and maybe oSu, I root for Big 12 teams against other conferences. The only reason I don't root for oSu is because their fans are even more hilarious when they're losing than when they're winning. Even when those *** monkeys in Boulder were still around, I grudgingly wanted them to win bowl games. Why? Because it validates us. What good is winning a conference championship if your conference is weaksauce? On the other hand, I don't crow about other conference team wins as if we had anything to do with it.

Iam4OUru
10/11/2011, 11:47 PM
Sabanball, I think you are a good poster...but are you seriously bumping your conferences chest? I love your alabama stuff, but man..It's like its win/win if Alabama or LSU wins...I just don't get that..Man when texas played alabama, I was wanting the tide to win big...I just don't get conference chest pounding

I live right in the middle of LSU country. Their fans are the same way. I just don't understand it and it baffles them why I rooted for Bammer vs Texas. I might hate the SEC, but, not as much as I hate UT.

rainiersooner
10/12/2011, 01:08 AM

I ain't got shizzle to do but watch the games on tv...but good luck to you sir!

Bourbon St Sooner
10/12/2011, 08:27 AM

Hey doosher, didn't we already dispell that myth in the last thread? The top offenses in the NFL are much more pass than run heavy. The Saints use the screen game as an extension of the running game much like we do. The leading running team in the NFL are the 1 - 4 Philadelphia Eagles.

jkjsooner
10/12/2011, 08:52 AM

So we'll start most possessions at 2nd and 10? That doesn't sound like a solid plan.

Also, what good is making the defense cover the entire field if we're never going to run or throw a short pass on first down?

Sorry, man, starting every possession with a 10+ yard pass is a recipe for disaster.

I'm no coach but I know enough to know that most fans who think they're smarter than the offensive coordinator are delusional.

Lott's Bandana
10/12/2011, 08:59 AM
So we'll start most possessions at 2nd and 10? That doesn't sound like a solid plan.

Also, what good is making the defense cover the entire field if we're never going to run or throw a short pass on first down?

Sorry, man, starting every possession with a 10+ yard pass is a recipe for disaster.

I'm no coach but I know enough to know that most fans who think they're smarter than the offensive coordinator are delusional.

I could be wrong, but I think 5030 was simply referring to the way KW would crawl in a hole and become Goldwaterlike in his play calling inventiveness.

Coach Josh has stretched the field this year and not gotten into the same stagnant pattern mid-way through the game. I loved it when we went fast in the middle of the third qtr last Saturday, something KW seemed to stop doing after a lead.

jkjsooner
10/12/2011, 08:59 AM

When is Sabanball going to be banned? He adds nothing to this board. All he does is fill us full of Bama sunshine 24 by 7.

I'm not saying any individual post is a bannable post but his posts are completely off topic. This isn't a Bama board. If I went to an Alabama board and talked about OU all the time I think sooner or later they'd tire of me and ban me.

We don't need to hear his Bama B.S. every day. What the heck is he doing here anyway?

Lott's Bandana
10/12/2011, 09:02 AM
He's trolling.

The thread is about his beloved SEC. I don't have a problem with him coming and defending the Confederacy, this isn't exactly Fox News.

Sooner5030
10/12/2011, 09:03 AM

My point was to not be so conservative/predictable in big games. And I never stated I thought I was smarter than the O coordinator. The opposing D coordinator is also pretty smart. His job gets easier if we keep everything within 10 yards of the LOS.

Our offense is more effective if we stretch the field just as many times as we swing/bubble/run.

Just my opinion though.

King Barry's Back
10/12/2011, 09:07 AM
This year's team is fun.

Yeah, they are fun to watch, and they sure do look like they are having a good time out there, don't they? For a few of our BCS bowl-losing teams, it sometimes just looked like work. This team is having fun.

oudavid1
10/12/2011, 09:12 AM
Can we beat a top 10 team before we crown ourselves?

jkjsooner
10/12/2011, 09:13 AM
Hey doosher, didn't we already dispell that myth in the last thread? The top offenses in the NFL are much more pass than run heavy. The Saints use the screen game as an extension of the running game much like we do. The leading running team in the NFL are the 1 - 4 Philadelphia Eagles.

Maybe that's why Saban sucked so hard as an NFL coach.

jkjsooner
10/12/2011, 09:15 AM

Why are you such an a-hole?

We've beaten two top 10 teams. FSU fell apart after we played them and Texas very well might end up back int he top 10.

King Barry's Back
10/12/2011, 09:25 AM

Problem is, every time we beat one, they fall out of the Top 10. So I guess you stop counting those?

Bourbon St Sooner
10/12/2011, 09:29 AM
When is Sabanball going to be banned? He adds nothing to this board. All he does is fill us full of Bama sunshine 24 by 7.

I'm not saying any individual post is a bannable post but his posts are completely off topic. This isn't a Bama board. If I went to an Alabama board and talked about OU all the time I think sooner or later they'd tire of me and ban me.

We don't need to hear his Bama B.S. every day. What the heck is he doing here anyway?

After January, when we kick his team's ***, we won't have to see any more of his smug sec circle-jerking bull**** anymore. I'm sure he'll disappear just like Lid has.

LVSOONER15
10/12/2011, 09:31 AM
If our D keeps playing with this lights out intensity, I don't see us losing to anybody.

jkjsooner
10/12/2011, 09:53 AM
This is what gets me...

Nowhere in this thread did anyone state that Bama or LSU sucks or that OU is going to destroy them. Nevertheless, if you dare mention why you think your team might win against the SEC teams you'll get thrones of SEC fans running to the thread acting as if you challenged their manhood. They have such an inflated opinion of themselves that any thought that a non-SEC team could beat them is analogous to trash talking. Meanwhile, I'd bet you can find hundreds of posts on their boards stating that they would beat us USC style.

We heard all of this when we played Florida. All the SEC fans questioned our defense and assumed Florida was going to put 60 on us.

I don't mind people saying the SEC is the strongest conference. Right now it is. I do mind the attitude that they can't be beat.

PDXsooner
10/12/2011, 10:44 AM

You, sir, are a moron.

oudavid1
10/12/2011, 11:30 AM
Why are you such an a-hole?

We've beaten two top 10 teams. FSU fell apart after we played them and Texas very well might end up back int he top 10.

Pre-season rankings make us national champs, got it.

Problem is, every time we beat one, they fall out of the Top 10. So I guess you stop counting those?

They are not who we thought they were :)

You, sir, are a moron.

Thats it? You cant even back it up? Your gonna get mad and not even say why?

PDXsooner
10/12/2011, 11:41 AM
Thats it? You cant even back it up? Your gonna get mad and not even say why?

Mad? Hardly. Here's the deal. I'm a fan. I work about 60 hours a week and juggle a busy life. If I want to "crown us champs", "get ahead of myself", "get the cart before the horse", blah blah blah -- I'll do it if I ****ing feel like it.

Speculation, projection, assumption, conjecture, fantasy, whatever you want to call it. Guess what, I'm not on the coaching staff!

Everything I post melts away in obscurity on a message board buried in cyber-infinity. This will never be read to players in a team meeting. I know you like to pretend you're on the team with your twitter, Myface, Spacebook stuff...but you're not. This is what fans do!

The Maestro
10/12/2011, 11:48 AM
If we play LSU or Bama, the first one to 20 wins. History backs that up. I think this OU defense has a mentality and talent level we haven't seen in awhile...and it is from the front line guys all the way to the back. We know Bama and LSU have great defenses, too. If our defense is the real deal I cannot imagine LSU or Bama just lining up and running it at us. So, that puts the pressure on very average quarterbacks to make plays.

The only neutralizer is if we turn the ball over. If we have 1 or fewer turnovers that are pick 6's against either team, I think we could muster up 20 or more points and win, while holding them under 20. There will be no blowouts...all three teams too good.

oudavid1
10/12/2011, 11:50 AM
Mad? Hardly. Here's the deal. I'm a fan. I work about 60 hours a week and juggle a busy life. If I want to "crown us champs", "get ahead of myself", "get the cart before the horse", blah blah blah -- I'll do it if I ****ing feel like it.

Speculation, projection, assumption, conjecture, fantasy, whatever you want to call it. Guess what, I'm not on the coaching staff!

Everything I post melts away in obscurity on a message board buried in cyber-infinity. This will never be read to players in a team meeting. I know you like to pretend you're on the team with your twitter, Myface, Spacebook stuff...but you're not. This is what fans do!

Oh wow. This was a great reply because I have no comeback. Your not really being serious, your just posting to post. I see now.
I see what your saying now. But in that case, just ignore my posts, I am not looking to people like you for responses. Your wasting your time reading any crap I throw up on here. You are happy being a fan and I respect that.

And I dont pretend anything on twitter....I know some guys, met some others, never met most of em.

btb916
10/12/2011, 12:51 PM
I think LSU and 'Bama are probably "better" than OU.

But if everything works out, and we get to play either of them for all the marbles, there is a fight and resiliency in this OU team that I think neither 'Bama or LSU could match. And like others have said that stems from the loss of Austin Box.

Of course there is no way to know what will happen between now and January. And there is no way to know what would happen in January if it was SEC v. OU. But I am confident that we CAN make it, and I am confident that there is something special about this team that 'Bama and LSU lack.

So...I'm on board with the OP. Number 8 for #12.

OU_Sooners75
10/12/2011, 01:15 PM

Yeah those NFL teams that don't sniff NFL championships.

Look at the last 3 or 4 NFL champions. They have balance alright, but it isn't measured by equal run and pass yards or plays. It is called being able to accomplish both in certain situations.

As far as the SEC balance...I'll call bull**** on that. They have equal yards in rushing and passing...but one can say what is wrong with their passing game? A good passing game should and will gain considerably more yards than their rushing game.

BTW, you do know the NFL is evolving to more of the spread offenses, right? The SEC offenses are fast becoming obsolete!

Bonehead
10/12/2011, 01:21 PM
If we can stop their run game we'll win. That's why we lost to UF.

We lost to UF because we couldn't kick field goals and because we couldn't remember to call a fade with our our Heisman winning QB throwing to our 6'5" tight end when we were inside the 5.

OU_Sooners75
10/12/2011, 01:40 PM
Want balance?

Through 10/8/2011:

OU averages 4.39 yards per rush.
Bama averages 5.56 yards per rush.
LSU averages 5.34 yards per rush.

OU averages 8.54 yards per completion.
Bama averages 7.47 yards per completion.
LSU averages 8.27 yards per completion.

OU averages 6.67 yards per play.
Bama averages 6.38 yards per play.
LSU averages 5.50 yards per play.

OU averages 45.00 points per game.
Bama averages 37.67 points per game.
LSU averages 38.50 points per game.

And before you say something about Strength of Schedule...I have that covered for you:

According to Congrove Rankings:
OU's SOS: #3
Bama's SOS: #33
LSU's SOS: #16
http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/current_congrove_rankings.html

According to Sagarins (BCS Poll):
OU's SOS: #19
Bama's SOS: #23
LSU's SOS: #11
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt11.htm?loc=interstitialskip

(http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt11.htm?loc=interstitialskip)According to Colley Matrix (BCS Poll)
OU's SOS: #25
Bama's SOS: #20
LSU's SOS: #56
http://www.colleyrankings.com/currank.html

(http://www.colleyrankings.com/currank.html)According to Ken Massey (BCS Poll):
OU's SOS: #13
Bama's SOS: #11
LSU's SOS: #2
http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?lg=cf
(http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?lg=cf)
According to Anderson & Hester (BCS Poll):
OU's SOS: #7
Bama's SOS: #12
LSU's SOS: #27
http://andersonsports.com/football/ACF_frnk.html

(http://andersonsports.com/football/ACF_frnk.html)Average SOS Rank:
OU: #13
Bama: #20
LSU: #22

So, yeah, I would say OU is just that much better on offense and is very balanced...it isn't OU's fault they actually have a better passing game!
As far as defenses go, they all three have very comparable defenses!

OU_Sooners75
10/12/2011, 01:41 PM
We lost to UF because we couldn't kick field goals and because we couldn't remember to call a fade with our our Heisman winning QB throwing to our 6'7" tight end when we were inside the 5.

FIFY

OU_Sooners75
10/12/2011, 01:43 PM
I think LSU and 'Bama are probably "better" than OU.

But if everything works out, and we get to play either of them for all the marbles, there is a fight and resiliency in this OU team that I think neither 'Bama or LSU could match. And like others have said that stems from the loss of Austin Box.

Of course there is no way to know what will happen between now and January. And there is no way to know what would happen in January if it was SEC v. OU. But I am confident that we CAN make it, and I am confident that there is something special about this team that 'Bama and LSU lack.

So...I'm on board with the OP. Number 8 for #12.

I disagree. I may be looking through some crimson colored glasses...but I am not afraid to call a spade a spade either.

I think OU and Bama are evenly matched with LSU trailing both of them. I don't think either team is better than OU.

LSUdeek
10/12/2011, 02:20 PM
This game can't get here fast enough. I can't wait to put up the 6th consecutive MNC for our conference. Y'all will still be crying about something, whether it be having to play LSU "in our backyard" or the referees. I bet 60 threads get started about fan mistreatment.

silverwheels
10/12/2011, 02:28 PM
This game can't get here fast enough. I can't wait to put up the 6th consecutive MNC for our conference. Y'all will still be crying about something, whether it be having to play LSU "in our backyard" or the referees. I bet 60 threads get started about fan mistreatment.

What position do you play and why do you love everyone else in your conference so much?

OU_Sooners75
10/12/2011, 02:29 PM

I cant wait until you stop living vicariously through your professional conference.

OU_Sooners75
10/12/2011, 02:31 PM
$EC! $EC! $EC!

LSUdeek
10/12/2011, 02:31 PM
What position do you play and why do you love everyone else in your conference so much?

Assistant to the regional manager, and because that's what we do down here.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/12/2011, 02:32 PM

deek, you post good stuff also, but I don't get it...It's like if anyone in the conference wins the NC, everyone puts the trophy in their case..I could not care less about any other team in the big12 winning anything and I sure wouldn't claim it as "ours"...The thought of claiming something texas would win as "ours" makes my stomach turn..

this isn't a slam on you, because it is a conference wide mentality...just a different part of the country i guess.

OU_Sooners75
10/12/2011, 02:33 PM
Assistant to the regional manager, and because that's what we do down here.

I would too, If I was $cared of the re$t of the nation!

Face it toolitry...L$U will be expo$ed $oon enough!

10/12/2011, 02:39 PM

We don't need to hear his Bama B.S. every day. What the heck is he doing here anywayI'm not saying any individual post is a bannable post but his posts are completely off topic. This isn't a Bama board. If I went to an Alabama board and talked about OU all the time I think sooner or later they'd tire of me and ban me.The bane-hammer is used too often, and improperly, sometimes. Saban has a right to speak, and he's pretty respectful, for a non-Sooner fan. But, I really don't understand why he's here. You would have to pay me to go hang out on a non-Sooner message board.

IOW, WTF non-Sooners. I bid you adieu...escept for maybe Sicem. He's...well, special. And, I think he actually is a closet Sooner fan.

LSUdeek
10/12/2011, 02:39 PM
We don't have much going for us down here. In many southern states, our identity is the college football team we root for. We are 47-50 in the country in most every meaningful statistic. Don't know how else to really explain it.

I gotta be honest though, I pulled for OU against Phlorida because of Urban. Can't stand that sanctimonious bastid.

deek, you post good stuff also, but I don't get it...It's like if anyone in the conference wins the NC, everyone puts the trophy in their case..I could not care less about any other team in the big12 winning anything and I sure wouldn't claim it as "ours"...The thought of claiming something texas would win as "ours" makes my stomach turn..

this isn't a slam on you, because it is a conference wide mentality...just a different part of the country i guess.

The Maestro
10/12/2011, 02:51 PM
If we lose to a team that trots out either Jarrett Lee or whatever that stiff at Alabama's name is we don't deserve the title. Incredibly average QB's.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/12/2011, 02:52 PM
We don't have much going for us down here. In many southern states, our identity is the college football team we root for. We are 47-50 in the country in most every meaningful statistic. Don't know how else to really explain it.

I gotta be honest though, I pulled for OU against Phlorida because of Urban. Can't stand that sanctimonious bastid.

You know, that makes a little more sense I guess..

10/12/2011, 02:57 PM

this isn't a slam on you, because it is a conference wide mentality...just a different part of the country i guess.it's confederacy thing...duh!

Fraggle145
10/12/2011, 03:05 PM
If we play LSU or Bama, the first one to 20 wins. History backs that up. I think this OU defense has a mentality and talent level we haven't seen in awhile...and it is from the front line guys all the way to the back. We know Bama and LSU have great defenses, too. If our defense is the real deal I cannot imagine LSU or Bama just lining up and running it at us. So, that puts the pressure on very average quarterbacks to make plays.

The only neutralizer is if we turn the ball over. If we have 1 or fewer turnovers that are pick 6's against either team, I think we could muster up 20 or more points and win, while holding them under 20. There will be no blowouts...all three teams too good.

If we take care of business and make it to the game I think it is going to depend on our red zone offense. Particularly inside the 10 yd line. Will we line up and run it into the line to get stuffed twice again like we did vs. UF? Or will we have a better plan of attack? I want to see us sure up our redzone offense before I would state that we could definitely put up 20.

Why dont we run that little option play that we used to run with Heupel and Q? I'd like to see that come back...

stoops the eternal pimp
10/12/2011, 03:11 PM
because Landry can't run..Heupel converted enough 3rd downs with is feet that he was at least a threat to keep it

JiuJitsuSooner
10/13/2011, 06:40 AM
I think there's still a long way to go before anybody can start talking about the NC game.. Let's just get there first!