PDA

View Full Version : 10/15: vBookie vOddball (Jaybird week)

badger
10/11/2011, 04:16 PM
ESPN College Gameday is going to be Autzen for Arizona State @ Whoregon (thank you melting down Cal fans for that one).

Ranked teams for your consideration this week are here. (http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings)

Will one of those 13 remaining undefeated teams fall? You tell me. They are all ranked if you wanna check out they're playing on that previous link.

There are three winless teams left in FBS and they are:

UAB (@ Tulsa)

FAU (hosting previously winless WKU)

New Mexico (@ Nevada)

Will any of them finally end their winless misery?

Alas, our Mike Stoops/Kevin Wilson weekly vBet has to end, and not just because Arizona is blessed with a bye this week. However, I will continue this vBet as a Kevin Wilson only special this week and give you 50 to 1 odds! What am I saying, this is an ex-Stoops assistant we are talking about here... 100 to 1 odds! Sounds like a GREAT deal, huh?

Your Big 12 traitor schedule to consider is:
Texas A&M hosting Baylor
Colorado @ Washington
Nebrasky is on bye.

I will once again offer an all-or-nothing special on the traitors and gladly add in Mizzou if they so choose to betray the Big 12 as well.

Your coaches hot seat (http://www.coacheshotseat.com/) dudes this week are:

1- UAB's winless wonder
2- Boston College's Frank Spaz
3- Cal's Tedford
4- Wazzu's Wulff
5- UCLA's Slick Rick
6- Ole Miss Nutter
7- Tulane's Bob Toledo
8- tOSU's Fickell
9- Oregon State's Riley
10 - Memphis' Larry Porter

You all have been milking this one for awhile, so I need THREE to nail their coffin this week. THREE losing Hot Seat coaches will be required for vPayout this week, not just one.

I assume there will be a Bottom 10 posted tomorrow and when that happens, I'll add that option.

As always, you are welcome to vBank your vCash for 0.5 percent interest by Sunday.

Lott's Bandana
10/11/2011, 05:32 PM
It would be great if you listed the teams the Hot Seat Coaches play that week.

The research isn't difficult, but if it was there...

badger
10/11/2011, 05:42 PM
It would be great if you listed the teams the Hot Seat Coaches play that week.

The research isn't difficult, but if it was there...

It's my evil scheme to prevent you all from taking more vCash.

Eff it, here you go:

UAB @ Tulsa
Boston College on bye
California hosting USC
WSU hosting Stanford
UCLA on bye
Ole Miss hosting Bammer
Tulsa hosting UTEP
Ohio State @ Illini
Oregon State hosting BYU
Memphis hosting East Carolina

Suddenly this vBet option is a very baaaad idea. I am upping the standards. EVERY hot seat coach loses.

EDIT: I got the change in immediately when I noticed what I was up against, but you snuck a big vBet in. If you feel I'm cheating you I'll abandon this event and start over, returning your vBets. However, I think there is a very, VERY good chance you'll still win, seeing who they're up again :eek:

Lott's Bandana
10/11/2011, 05:43 PM
yep

Notice my bank account?

badger
10/11/2011, 05:47 PM
yep

Notice my bank account?

So... you want your bet to stand, or should I abandon and start over, refunding your vCash?

I promise I'll post more events in the next few days, so you will not be vBroke through Sunday or anything.

Lott's Bandana
10/11/2011, 05:57 PM
Of course I want it to stand!

Actually, if you made it 1/3, instead of 1/1, that might be more competitive since there is always a chance of an upset. Maybe.

If you cancel, I'll take my $$ back, but if you don't I'll keep it where it is.

Remember, sometimes a smart bettor gets one in on the House sometimes!

Lott's Bandana
10/11/2011, 08:00 PM
Ok, I'll take my refund now!

That is a bit too much. I'll find another way to spend my vCash.

SoonerofAlabama
10/11/2011, 09:56 PM
Ever going to have a unifrom oddball vbet again?

badger
10/12/2011, 08:01 AM

Actually, if you made it 1/3, instead of 1/1, that might be more competitive since there is always a chance of an upset. Maybe.

I can't change the payouts for vBets already made. I'll sometimes retroactively change stuff so that future vBets don't get as large of a payout (or get more), but once stuff is in, it's final.

I'm afraid vBookie has been taking too many hits lately for me to overlook this, so yet, I'll refund all vBets and try again on this.

badger
10/12/2011, 08:01 AM

I can't change the payouts for vBets already made. I'll sometimes retroactively change stuff so that future vBets don't get as large of a payout (or get more), but once stuff is in, it's final.

I'm afraid vBookie has been taking too many hits lately for me to overlook this, so yet, I'll refund all vBets and try again on this.