PDA

View Full Version : I wonder what the SEC would be like...

OU_Sooners75
10/11/2011, 01:57 PM
if all other AQ conferences had relaxed prop 48 admission requirements that the SEC has?​

badger
10/11/2011, 02:02 PM
Meh, what will really make it difficult for the SEC in coming years is the fact that their university presidents were finally embarrassed the point of not allowing oversigning. Before that, coaches would sign players that they weren't sure would qualify or not, and if they did, what to do what to do, we have more than 25 signees now... GRAYSHIRTING TIME!!!!!!

So, I fully expect SEC schools to really start looking at only signing players that they fully expect to qualify, not just sign everyone and see which recruits actually make it. That might mean that Prop 48 will be more closely followed by the SEC, not ignored.

OU_Sooners75
10/11/2011, 02:17 PM
I dont know about that.

The SEC is about winning at all costs...it is amazing that the NCAA has taken a blind eye toward their recruiting practices for the entire schools.

Newton's dad admits that he asked and was offered 180K by Ole Miss for Cam. Can you really tell me they turned that money down because it was not right to accept it? If so, why did his dad go asking for it in the first place? Yet he shows up at Auburn? Wonder how much Auburn paid for the services of Newton?

That said, I would be very shocked if the rest of the SEC is not doing the same thing.

Then you have the prop 48 kids. The SEC has been very relaxed on them. I can tell you right now, they are not going to make it harder for their bread and butter athletes to make it to school, since they want to win so badly.

LSUdeek
10/11/2011, 02:20 PM
if all other AQ conferences had relaxed prop 48 admission requirements that the SEC has?​

Phil Loadholt says STFU.

LSUdeek
10/11/2011, 02:22 PM
Here is an article from TideFans about "Proposition 48". I think you, sir, are going to have to come up with some kind of link to back up your accusation that SEC schools have relaxed requirements compared to the Big XII.

http://www.tidefans.com/forums/football/42244-what-rule-proposition-48-athletes-sec.html

OU_Sooners75
10/11/2011, 02:24 PM
Phil Loadholt says STFU.

I would take it more seriously if you would have said the entire SEC says STFU.

I know, truth hurts...and fact is, the SEC has become relaxed in their admissions requirements just so they can succeed in sports.

Pretty sad to be honest with you!

OH, and BTW, Loadholt was a transfer, qualified that way. Thanks though.

OU_Sooners75
10/11/2011, 02:25 PM
Here is an article from TideFans about "Proposition 48". I think you, sir, are going to have to come up with some kind of link to back up your accusation that SEC schools have relaxed requirements compared to the Big XII.

http://www.tidefans.com/forums/football/42244-what-rule-proposition-48-athletes-sec.html

I would believe such an article if it was indeed not from an SEC fan base or source.

LSUdeek
10/11/2011, 02:29 PM
I would take it more seriously if you would have said the entire SEC says STFU.

I know, truth hurts...and fact is, the SEC has become relaxed in their admissions requirements just so they can succeed in sports.

Pretty sad to be honest with you!

OH, and BTW, Loadholt was a transfer, qualified that way. Thanks though.

You have multiple facts wrong, not the least of which is the fact that Phil Loadholt was committed to LSU, out of JUCO, and set to enroll until he failed to pass a math class that the SEC requires while the Big XII does not. This is a clean cut example of where the SEC requirements are more stringent than the Big XII. Thanks for playing

LSUdeek
10/11/2011, 02:30 PM
I would believe such an article if it was indeed not from an SEC fan base or source.

The burden of proof is on you. So far you are just blowing smoke.

OU_Sooners75
10/11/2011, 02:32 PM
You have multiple facts wrong, not the least of which is the fact that Phil Loadholt was committed to LSU, out of JUCO, and set to enroll until he failed to pass a math class that the SEC requires while the Big XII does not. This is a clean cut example of where the SEC requirements are more stringent than the Big XII. Thanks for playing

What makes it more stringent? The fact that the Big 12 or OU in particular doesnt require a certain math class?

They all require the same basic cores, like 2 math, 2 english, 2 science, etc to graduate.

OU_Sooners75
10/11/2011, 02:38 PM
The burden of proof is on you. So far you are just blowing smoke.

Burden of proof isnt on me. I simply stated a well known fact.

Fact, the SEC has had lesser admission requirements when it comes to prop 48 (later prop 16) than any other conference.

Let me ask you this...how many partial qualifiers has the SEC as a whole accepted or got in some form over the past decade?

That is the better question.

I have heard of a few for Florida alone. I am sure Bama may have a tighter grip on it As does Vanderbilt. But the SEC as a conference had some very relaxed rules on it. It is then up to the individual universities to go with that or to make it tighter.

LSUdeek
10/11/2011, 02:42 PM
Burden of proof isnt on me. I simply stated a well known fact. '

This isn't a well known fact at all.

Fact, the SEC has had lesser admission requirements when it comes to prop 48 (later prop 16) than any other conference.

Link please

stoops the eternal pimp
10/11/2011, 02:45 PM
I'm gonna close this one down if it doesn't get any better than this..

LSUdeek
10/11/2011, 02:48 PM
That would probably be preferable, since OU_Sooners75 seems to be uninterested in facts.

NormanPride
10/11/2011, 02:49 PM
<insert homoerotic joke here>

Better now?

stoops the eternal pimp
10/11/2011, 02:50 PM
not bad

badger
10/11/2011, 02:51 PM
That would probably be preferable, since OU_Sooners75 seems to be uninterested in facts.

Sooooo... since we're talking facts and only facts now... how do you think the presidents voting to not allow blatant oversigning anymore will impact SEC recruiting? Will :les: have to order less gray t-shirts from Nike? ;)

LSUdeek
10/11/2011, 02:52 PM
Houston Nutt was really the only coach that used oversigning so blatantly. LSU had 1 or 2 kids fall victim to it but Ole Miss and Arkansas would regularly sign over 30.

badger
10/11/2011, 02:54 PM
Houston Nutt was really the only coach that used oversigning so blatantly. LSU had 1 or 2 kids fall victim to it but Ole Miss and Arkansas would regularly sign over 30.

Soooo... no impact other than Ole Miss, assuming they don't fire his arse for not being as good as hoped?

Surely that can't be the case, otherwise it wouldn't have been made such a big deal among the coaches and the presidents

NormanPride
10/11/2011, 02:54 PM
Everyone else cheats, but not our team.

badger
10/11/2011, 02:55 PM
Everyone else cheats, but not our team.

We've heard that one a lot leading up to the Texas game. Expect to hear it tons more when Aggie and Aggy are on deck.

LSUdeek
10/11/2011, 02:58 PM
Soooo... no impact other than Ole Miss, assuming they don't fire his arse for not being as good as hoped?

Surely that can't be the case, otherwise it wouldn't have been made such a big deal among the coaches and the presidents

Like I said, I'm not saying LSU didn't oversign at times, because Houston Bates and Elliot Porter are 2 highly publicized victims of oversigning, although EP is back at LSU as a walk-on as of spring 2010. However, it was most egregious under the Nuttster.

What LSU did was simply accept commitments from average in-state players and then get commitments from more highly talented players later in the recruiting process. We aren't texas, we dont have our signing class sealed by March. :)

Mark_in_Tulsa
10/11/2011, 05:06 PM
Like I said, I'm not saying LSU didn't oversign at times, because Houston Bates and Elliot Porter are 2 highly publicized victims of oversigning, although EP is back at LSU as a walk-on as of spring 2010. However, it was most egregious under the Nuttster.

What LSU did was simply accept commitments from average in-state players and then get commitments from more highly talented players later in the recruiting process. We aren't texas, we dont have our signing class sealed by March. :)

Really? Cause LSU is number 3 in the nation in over signing being OleMiss and Bama this year.
http://oversigning.com/testing/index.php/the-oversigning-cup/

TVKaleen
10/12/2011, 06:49 AM
Wow.. 9 of 12 SEC schools in the top 20.. They are even better on the oversigning cup than the AP poll.

tcrb
10/12/2011, 07:22 AM
Is that crickets chirping that I hear?