PDA

View Full Version : Congrats

Herr Scholz
10/11/2011, 12:00 PM
Dominant win on Saturday, Sooners. Wish we could've made a better game of it. We got rolled, no excuses. Hopefully we can bounce back this season (especially vs. OSU this Sat.) and come back in force next year. Good luck the rest of the season (especially against the SEC team you'll meet later).

oumartin
10/11/2011, 12:02 PM
Hate to say it but OSU may beat you worse than OU did

fwsooner22
10/11/2011, 12:03 PM
Class Act Herr. Do you think your O Line can bounce back and play with confidence on Sat. How do you see Saturday ?

stoops the eternal pimp
10/11/2011, 12:03 PM
thanks herr...stay thirsty my friend.

Herr Scholz
10/11/2011, 12:09 PM
If we turn the ball over 5 times and allow 8 sacks again, you're probably right. Their offense is pretty shiny.

oumartin
10/11/2011, 12:11 PM
yep, they scare the crud outta me.

Herr Scholz
10/11/2011, 12:12 PM
Class Act Herr. Do you think your O Line can bounce back and play with confidence on Sat. How do you see Saturday ?
I see a pissed off team coming out. We're usually pretty good after an OU loss. I don't see OSU playing the D like you guys did though. The O line better come out with their hair on fire. Does that translate into a W? Most would say no at this point but hopefully we can tighten it up.

SoonerNomad
10/11/2011, 12:13 PM
Texas should be able to move the ball against OSU more consistently than what happened on Saturday. That alone should make the game more interesting and slow down the rush. OSU will score a bunch but if Texas takes care of the ball they will score their share as well. OSU 42, Texas 31.

Herr Scholz
thanks herr...stay thirsty my friend.
Burp...err...bllllgggghhh.

stoops the eternal pimp
Probably the best shot the horns would have is a steady diet of malcolm brown and ball control...Keep the osu offense off the field and out of rhythm...easier said than done

thecrimsoncrusader
10/11/2011, 12:15 PM

That won't happen because of OSU's defense, which is giving up about 27 points per game for no other reason than their defense sucks as usual. OSU should win though.

PrideMom
10/11/2011, 12:19 PM
You could do what Kansas State is famous for...going for a career ending injury late hit. Who cares that it is fifteen yards, or you may be taken out of the game, but if you get rid of the quarterback, you may win. Kansas State tried it on Heupel, Hybl and White.....and on the first Adrian Peterson carry....

OSU's defense is suspect, you can make it a game if Texas decides on a quarterback.

Herr Scholz
10/11/2011, 12:22 PM
Probably the best shot the horns would have is a steady diet of malcolm brown and ball control...Keep the osu offense off the field and out of rhythm...easier said than done
Yeah, exactly. Keep their offense off the field if at all possible. We'll score more than 17 this weekend but we won't win a shootout.

badger
10/11/2011, 12:24 PM
Dominant win on Saturday, Sooners. Wish we could've made a better game of it. We got rolled, no excuses. Hopefully we can bounce back this season (especially vs. OSU this Sat.) and come back in force next year. Good luck the rest of the season (especially against the SEC team you'll meet later).

Classy Herr. Thanks for showing your face in this whorn whostile environment after losing :)

Shed a tear, have a hug :mack:
http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Vince+Young+Mack+Brown+Florida+Atlantic+v+Sn46x6AU 7Ltl.jpg

Seamus
10/11/2011, 12:24 PM
Wow, that took some guts, Herr. I'm genuinely impressed.

(Don't tell anyone, but I gave you a little green for that. And don't expect it to happen ever again.)

Mississippi Sooner
10/11/2011, 12:25 PM
A lot of things went wrong for the horns on Saturday, but I still think rotating two quarterbacks in and out like that is a bad idea.

Herr Scholz
10/11/2011, 12:27 PM
A lot of things went wrong for the horns on Saturday, but I still think rotating two quarterbacks in and out like that is a bad idea.
Still better than Gilbert. But you're right, our QB situation is a hot mess.

Herr Scholz
10/11/2011, 12:29 PM
Classy Herr. Thanks for showing your face in this whorn whostile environment after losing :)

No sweat. I can take it. I'll genuinely be pulling for you guys against the SEC. So sick of those guys.

Herr Scholz
10/11/2011, 12:30 PM
Wow, that took some guts, Herr. I'm genuinely impressed.

Gracias.

cherokeebrewer
10/11/2011, 12:42 PM
Herr=Class act

I actually give the horns a fighting chance against okie lite...sometimes when things start to go bad, they snowball. I honestly don't believe UT is as bad as we made them look...

Soonermagik
10/11/2011, 12:46 PM
At least Herr has more guts than the other whorn who ran from this site... not mentioning any names... but you know.

badger
10/11/2011, 12:49 PM
No sweat. I can take it. I'll genuinely be pulling for you guys against the SEC. So sick of those guys.

I can honestly say that as long as it wasn't Alabama, we'd do the same for you. For fans that deny it, remember that we all wanted USC to die a flaming uber death in 2005 for the way they strutted around their AP poll championship and beating us for a few years. Threepete? More like one-pete :P

So anyway, if you meet an SEC team not named Alabama in a bowl this year, assuming you get that elusive sixth win, please beat them as badly as we just beat you guys :D

stoops the eternal pimp
10/11/2011, 12:51 PM
I've always been a herr(and lid for that matter) fan, but to see many say herr is a class act..You know that's funny herr with some of your past work here

badger
10/11/2011, 12:53 PM
I've always been a herr(and lid for that matter) fan, but to see many say herr is a class act..You know that's funny herr with some of your past work here

It is... I think he was banned for awhile for some of that "past work," lol. :mack:

Now, where oh where has Lid gone! :D

Herr Scholz
10/11/2011, 12:57 PM
Yeah, let's not get all touchy feely here. I still have -750,000 spek points.

Just wanted to say congrats, good luck and take my medicine.

cleller
10/11/2011, 01:00 PM
Don't think Texas can hold OSU, but if you box up Blackmon, there's a chance. They don't have a Stills/Reynolds punch. Get some pressure on Weeden and he folds up like a cheap suit. An old cheap suit.

3rdgensooner
10/11/2011, 01:02 PM
I can honestly say that as long as it wasn't Alabama, we'd do the same for you. For fans that deny it, remember that we all wanted USC to die a flaming uber death in 2005 for the way they strutted around their AP poll championship and beating us for a few years. Threepete? More like one-pete :P
I have to respectfully disagree.

picasso
10/11/2011, 01:27 PM
Texas will score on oSu.

PDXsooner
10/11/2011, 01:37 PM
Someone better tell Mack Brown "THIS IS BIG 12 FOOTBALL, THIS AIN'T INTRAMURALS!!!!"

cherokeebrewer
10/11/2011, 01:42 PM
I've been here a long time, but don't spend much time...

SoonerAtKU
10/11/2011, 01:45 PM
I can honestly say that as long as it wasn't Alabama, we'd do the same for you. For fans that deny it, remember that we all wanted USC to die a flaming uber death in 2005 for the way they strutted around their AP poll championship and beating us for a few years. Threepete? More like No-pete :P

So anyway, if you meet an SEC team not named Alabama in a bowl this year, assuming you get that elusive sixth win, please beat them as badly as we just beat you guys :D

fify

BoulderSooner79
10/11/2011, 01:47 PM
It certainly looks like Ash is winning the QB job and i wouldn't be surprise if we see little of McCoy Saturday. The horn D-line did cause us problems, but our receivers were able to get open quickly and keep the pressure off LJ. I think the pokes depend more on their run than we do, so if the horns can stop it, the game could be close. Okay, lots of ifs...

NormanPride
10/11/2011, 01:50 PM
**** off, whorn.

;)

I hope you paste the aggies as bad as we pasted you guys. They are weak up the middle, so don't stop running MB. He's a good one.

8timechamps
10/11/2011, 02:22 PM
Thanks Herr. You know, we'll take you into the Sooner family....when you're ready of course :)

Herr Scholz
10/11/2011, 02:27 PM
Thanks Herr. You know, we'll take you into the Sooner family....when you're ready of course :)
Easy.

badger
10/11/2011, 02:29 PM
Herr, as long as we have a real like steer on the board that would know:

1- Do you subscribe to the Longhorn Network or have you seen it?

2- If so, what is that channel like

3- Why is it taking so long for major cable providers to provide it

4- Will ESPN come close to recouping its $300 mil commitment or are they basically screwed

SCOUT
10/11/2011, 02:37 PM

4- Will ESPN come close to recouping its $300 mil commitment or are they basically screwed
I'll answer this one for Herr....
1. My cable provider carries it
2. The channel is like a low rent Fox Sports Southwest. They show endless loops of Mack press conferences and practice shots. This is broken up by women's volleyball and the occasional football game featuring South Texas Vo Tech vs. Eastern Mississippi Polytechnic. During actual ut games, they show something like a gamecast graphic and just play the audio from the radio broadcast.
3. The providers have to pay extra to carry it, but the customers get it as part of the bundle. As it stands now, there isn't enough demand.
4. Screwed

Herr Scholz
10/11/2011, 02:48 PM

1. No. None of the major carriers in Austin currently carry it.

2. Fledgling at this point. Should be beneficial for the lower tier sports once it gets going (ie: women's hoops, baseball, etc.)

3. ESPN wants a lot of money for it and nobody's ponying up yet. There's plenty of demand for it from Horn fans but plenty of anti-demand as well from aggys who are good at boycotting things in bulk.

4. I think they will eventually. Once one major carrier picks it up, I think the dominoes will fall. 30 or 40 cents per subscriber on the major carriers in Texas will eclipse that $15M a year they owe us.

NormanPride
10/11/2011, 02:51 PM
Those pesky aggys and their not buying things.

yankee
10/11/2011, 03:00 PM
What is this, a gay internet love fest? **** texas and the high horses they ride on. See you next year whorn, lookin forward to beating your team again.

SoonerInFortSmith
10/11/2011, 03:06 PM
Still better than Gilbert. But you're right, our QB situation is a hot mess.

There's a difference between a hot mess and a steaming pile of steer manure. Just sayin'.:eek:

Soonerntxs
10/11/2011, 03:47 PM
Herr, thanks for the post!

Okie35
10/11/2011, 04:04 PM
Texas should be able to move the ball against OSU more consistently than what happened on Saturday. That alone should make the game more interesting and slow down the rush. OSU will score a bunch but if Texas takes care of the ball they will score their share as well. OSU 42, Texas 31.

Yea I see Texas scoring a lot too. If they can get to Weeden often they might be able to win.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/11/2011, 05:05 PM
Dominant win on Saturday, Sooners. Wish we could've made a better game of it. We got rolled, no excuses. Hopefully we can bounce back this season (especially vs. OSU this Sat.) and come back in force next year. Good luck the rest of the season (especially against the SEC team you'll meet later).GOOD LUCK against orange aggy! Not such good luck early next yr.

10/11/2011, 05:12 PM

You forget (I guess)the REEAL reason many of us were pulling for the whorns against usuc. The usuckers were SCARING US, because of the number of consecutive wins they had, PUTTING OUR 47 GAME WIN STREAK IN JEOPARDY. I know you're not a lifelong Sooner, and therefore some folks might forgive you for that lapse of memory.

10/11/2011, 05:14 PM
I've always been a herr(and lid for that matter) fan, but to see many say herr is a class act..You know that's funny herr with some of your past work hereIma laughing, too.

OUster
10/11/2011, 05:21 PM
I'm actually betting on you guys to win this game. Something tells me there will not be a repeat of last week. Apart from Blackmon and Weeden, Texas still has superior talent. Mack usually wakes up after a good hamstringing in Dallas. I got a hunch and am betting on it because of the odds.

oudivesherpa
10/11/2011, 05:30 PM
Maybe lid actually has some clients this year?

SoonerMom2
10/11/2011, 06:01 PM

That was class all the way. I cannot bring myself to root for OSU for any reason so I hope your defense brings their A game and the offense cuts the turnovers down. Would like to see a competitive game if not an outright win. That would make our win look better and highlight the defense of OSU which is not very good.

Good luck on Saturday!

10/11/2011, 06:01 PM
I wouldn't be shocked to see the tx DL get some MAJOR stops, and disrupt the oa's offense. The O for tx will look like a pro outfit, compared to the D for oa..

Lott's Bandana
10/11/2011, 06:17 PM
Whorn is gonna get whoused again.

And they should, we want lil' brother all undefeated and such when we deflate their hopes again in December. Gets us in to the big stage where we can all wear #12.

PDXsooner
10/11/2011, 06:34 PM
Just remember how cocky and arrogant those bastards are when they win. I'm glad OU stomped the **** outta them and I was only mad we didn't put up 70. Here's to another 6 or 7 in a row.

I predict OU will even the overall series in my lifetime, which is the only thing the Horns have on us. And we all know they dominated the series before the 40's when OU became serious about football.

Boomer Mooner
10/11/2011, 06:41 PM
Herr,

Unlike a lot of people here, I've never liked lid and I always thought you were just a lid wannabe. However, after reading this thread I'll admit I was all wrong about you. Just wanted to say you've earned my respect.

Hope the orange aggies kick whorn *** though. I want OUr boys to beat an undefeated OSU just like they beat an undefeated Tejas.

VA Sooner
10/11/2011, 06:49 PM
Herr... it's a young team, media and everyone in Austin needs to keep that in perspective. Saban got lucky with all his freshmen and sophomores and it's paying off. This year is a growing year for them and getting lots of experience with solid game time.

Malcolm Brown will be a solid force to be reckoned with... he's definitely got talent. The o-line will learn to make holes for him and OSU's d-line is still gelling.

OSU's o-line is solid though in giving old man Weeden plenty of time to pass and he's very accurate. Keep Gideon close to Blackmon and have Diaz dial up the blitzes but disguise them better. OSU's o-line is good but can only block who they think is coming.

Texas will bounce back... just like they did when they upset Nebraska last year and no one saw that coming.

Good game, 'horn. See you next year and hope your team stays away from injuries.

boomersooner28
10/11/2011, 07:25 PM
If I was Mack, I would line up in the power I Saturday and run the damn ball up the gut at the OSU Defense on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down. They don't have the horses. Keeps Weeden and Blackmon on the sidelines.

Herr Scholz
10/11/2011, 07:26 PM
Wishbone with Ash. Just my personal wish.

VA Sooner
10/11/2011, 07:45 PM

Very good choice. Their defense won't be able to handle it all game long and more protection for Ash so he has time to go through his progressions.

Good luck, Herr.

AlbqSooner
10/11/2011, 07:49 PM
Herr is ALMOST always gracious in his posts.

bluedogok
10/11/2011, 08:47 PM
Wishbone Ash...here ya go
http://www.progarchives.com/progressive_rock_discography_covers/2437/cover_3454211102008.jpg

10/11/2011, 10:46 PM
Texas FIGHT!

Orange aggy BITE ME!

sooneredaco
10/12/2011, 07:50 AM
FU€K BOTH SCHOOLS
I don't wish either school luck or anything good. I guess it's somewhat gracious for a whorn to come on here and give a congrats to opposing fans. I for one could give 2 squirts of PI$$ about it.

Tuck Fexas

Boomer Sooner!

PhiDeltBeers
10/12/2011, 08:01 AM
Somehow I thought we'd get a response like that from you.

:pop:

Sooner_Tuf
10/12/2011, 09:18 AM
Wherr Whorns. Nuff sayed ;)

SoonerLaw09
10/12/2011, 11:31 AM
Ya know, I'm a little confused at all the Ash love. Isn't he the one that threw all the oskies? If this were the 70s and you could get by with a wishbone attack, then mebbe yeah. But not now. Little McCoy needs to be the guy. If *'s O-line had their heads in the game it would have been much closer.

I was very happy to see Harsin's fancy gameplan go into the crapper tho. We stuffed those "trickerations" [/Mshberger] in a great way. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
10/12/2011, 11:53 AM
:neg: for trickeration

XingTheRubicon
10/26/2012, 11:16 AM
Herr is ALMOST always gracious in his posts.

Herr from another board

But at least I have a valuable degree from a good university. OU is a semi-pro football program with a juco attached. Keep talking about KSU though.

We will definitely win just to see the a-hole Stoops face turn red defending counting a "co-championship" that he was so indignant about last year. Can't wait to see that ridiculousness and expected hypocrisy and idiocy.

You $ooners are dumb as a box of hair.

I look forward to you hypocritical morons spinning this if it happens.

Yes, keep ignoring your sh*tty school. Oh wait, what am I saying, you probably barely finished high school like a majority of your fanbase.

What a sad little girl.

http://texas.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=61&tid=179892879&mid=179892879&sid=902&style=2

Mississippi Sooner
10/26/2012, 11:26 AM
I've been compared to a lot of things, but that has to be the first time I've ever been compared to a box of hair.

Lott's Bandana
10/26/2012, 11:30 AM
I prefer:

Hairy box

XingTheRubicon
10/26/2012, 02:31 PM
I'm guessing bi-polar...

VA Sooner
10/26/2012, 07:46 PM
I prefer:

Hairy box

:smug:

Jacie
10/26/2012, 08:12 PM
Dear Mr. Whorn-with-the-German-sounding-name:

Thank you for the congratulations.

FWIW, I parlayed my degree from OU into a 20+-year career in the petroluem industry. I made a very good living and when I left, it was on my own terms.

So Heil Whorn, you can KMA.

swardboy
10/26/2012, 08:44 PM
^ Well played Sooner ninja.