PDA

View Full Version : math question

Iam4OUru
10/11/2011, 09:20 AM
There are currently 13 undefeated teams in FBS football. All of them except Boise St., Stanford and Houston will eventually play another unbeaten team. Approaching bowl season, how many will be left? :smile:

pphilfran
10/11/2011, 09:24 AM
No more than 9

rekamrettuB
10/11/2011, 09:28 AM

jumperstop
10/11/2011, 09:30 AM
3 at most, maybe 4 if you still count boise. They don't really count though. I don't see why they get so much love with their **** schedule. They had a competitive game against a bottom tier sec team...

sooneron
10/11/2011, 09:39 AM
I think 3-4.

Boise should be, Stanford should be, Prolly bammer and then OU.

I think Wisky is a solid team, but I still think they trip somewhere along the way. Same with Clemson. They may lose to SC, if they get their shiite together, qb-wise...
KSU? They will drop 2. Houston always loses a game that they should not lose. I don't want to discuss osewe as our game being up there AGAIN, really sucks.

jumperstop
10/11/2011, 09:43 AM
I think 3-4.

Boise should be, Stanford should be, Prolly bammer and then OU.

I think Wisky is a solid team, but I still think they trip somewhere along the way. Same with Clemson. They may lose to SC, if they get their shiite together, qb-wise...
KSU? They will drop 2. Houston always loses a game that they should not lose. I don't want to discuss osewe as our game being up there AGAIN, really sucks.

I think Wisconsin will and the more the season goes along I'm thinking LSU will get another home game national championship game.

kbsooner21
10/11/2011, 09:44 AM

sooneron
10/11/2011, 09:51 AM
I think Wisconsin will and the more the season goes along I'm thinking LSU will get another home game national championship game.

I'm having a hard time seeing Wilson finish the game against Ill. I really think they are going to get after him.

Iam4OUru
10/11/2011, 10:06 AM
Realistically.

Boise St.
Stanford
Houston (?)
Alabama
OU (hopefully)
Clemson

So, I'll say 6 but I know that's too high.

sooneredaco
10/11/2011, 11:19 AM
Here's my prediction

Oklahoma Sooner
&
Bammer

Oklahoma beats Bammer by 24 points and is the undisputed national champion of the world!

8timechamps
10/11/2011, 02:26 PM
Don't forget the PAC, B1G and SEC all have championship games, so I think in the end there will be three:

OU
Bammer
Boise State (but they won't matter)

NormanPride
10/11/2011, 03:14 PM
Six.

Bois Estate
Wisconsin
Houston
OU
Bama
Stanford

Four unbeatens after the bowl games. (OU/Bama, Stanford/Wisconsin, Houston, Bois Estate)

Jacie
10/11/2011, 03:52 PM
As far as playing for the BCS championship, it comes down to three games:

OU/OSU

Ill. or Wisc. vs. Mich.

LSU/Ala.

The two teams will come from the results of these. One of them will be the SEC champion. After that it comes down OUr game with aggie. An OU win puts the Sooners in, an OU loss hands it to the badgers. If both OU and Wisconsin lose, it becomes a wide open race among OSU, Illinois and Michigan. Since the illini and the wolverines play each other in the regular season, a rematch between those two would be some kind of justice that it would happen to the Big 10 the first time they have a conference championship game, after all the times OU had to play a team twice to get into the BCS.

If there are other unbeatens after the bowl games, there will be even more pressure for a playoff.

Stay tuned . . .

fadada1
10/11/2011, 04:20 PM
Wisconsin looks very good, IMO. Too bad there is no competition in the big10(12). I see them finishing undefeated, and maybe facing Boise if they allow it.

LRoss
10/11/2011, 07:34 PM
Doesn't this happen every year about this time?

And didn't we have a thread about it last year, too?

There are always a bunch of undefeated teams at this point in the year, and when you look at their schedules, you say "Oh my, there's no team they play that will beat them! Cancel the season and start the controversy, there are going to be 8 undefeated teams!" And then, sooner or later, almost all (or sometimes all) of them lose. Because winning every single game is just a lot harder in reality than it is on the schedule. Last year about this time wasn't there a big thread about how Alabama was the best team in years and for SURE was going to go undefeated?

No more than 2. Probably 1. And (of course I hope OU) I have no idea who. This time last year, most of us wouldn't have guessed Auburn and Oregon.