PDA

View Full Version : Mack Brown on hot seat

brokenarrowboomer
10/10/2011, 09:06 PM
If OSU blows out Texas, is Mack's job in jeopardy ? I hope not.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/10/2011, 09:08 PM
No..

badger
10/10/2011, 09:24 PM
No. For an AAU ivy league wannabe, Texas can be dumb at times :mack:

Sooner_Tuf
10/10/2011, 09:49 PM
Gosh I hope not.

8timechamps
10/10/2011, 09:52 PM
I don't know, I think if he loses like he did last week, followed by a couple more conference losses, it's a real possibility. Texas is dumb, but after he dumped all of his assistants in the off-season, it'll be hard to keep the whorns from pushing to get him out.

BoulderSooner79
10/10/2011, 10:20 PM
No. He has the "team is young" card along with the "new systems with new OC and DC" cards to play. He bought himself a couple of seasons and the 4-1 record doesn't hurt him. Even losing to OU and OSU won't hurt him much, but the margin of victory will be remembered in future years. If the team doesn't quit like last year, they can have a decent 2nd half and go to a bowl and he'll be safe.

Soonermagik
10/10/2011, 10:22 PM
Stoops is 8-5 against him. I think he will likely be 9-5 next season, too. I don't want Mack to leave.. I mean that.

mhackl
10/10/2011, 10:24 PM
Not even if he lost the rest of the season. He might be in the "hot seat" at that point, but he wouldn't be gone.

MyT Oklahoma
10/10/2011, 11:27 PM
Yes it is true.. * is dumb. Mack stays.

EatLeadCommie
10/11/2011, 07:38 AM
He's close to retirement, so they aren't going to fire him. They may, however, force him out. It depends on the record at the end of the season.

cleller
10/11/2011, 07:49 AM
They'd have to change out those LHN billboards. He'll have to stay.

Keller Sooner
10/11/2011, 08:38 AM
ESPiN will determine whether Mack stays or goes. It's not up to Dodds anymore. Mack is a big-time actor on the lhn, they love him. Mr Haney sells lots of adds. ESPiN calls the shots now, just like Boone does at osu.

sooner_born_1960
10/11/2011, 08:40 AM
He's close to retirement, so they aren't going to fire him. They may, however, force him out. It depends on the record at the end of the season.
How is being forced out any different from being fired?

badger
10/11/2011, 08:45 AM
The problem with college coaching contracts as opposed to NFL ones are that NFL coaches can be dumped at the first sign of losing, but college ones have buyouts and multiple years for many millions attached to them.

So, Mack Daddy can have a Big 12 championship year and sing along with the rest of whorn nation "If Colt woulda played, we'd have won" and get a $5 million annual deal afterward.

But the problem is that Texas gives Mack his $5 million whether your program gets the crystal ball or lays down for a 5-7 season.

And Mack was in full-on retirement coach mode last season... and this season? Probably still is, disguised by the fact that he's got young fiery assistants looking to make a name for themselves and move up the (lucrative!) college coaching ranks.

But Texas will be paying $5 million regardless till he's gone, even when UT loses to OSU this weekend, even when UT loses to KSU like they always seem to do, even when Baylor (even Baylor!) RG3's them into the ground, even when A&M fakes injuries till the final tick of outscoring UT.

And that's why I'm calling Texas dumb. Because they signed on for this $5 million annual payment crap themselves.

soonervegas
10/11/2011, 08:50 AM
We need him to go about 9-4 this year. So lose to OSU, at Mizzou, and then somehow split Baylor/A&M on the road. (Plus a nice Alamo Bowl win against a terrible Big 10 team)

That way there is still "hope" for 2012.

Travellingsooner
10/11/2011, 09:15 AM
favorite shirt from saturday: "keepmackbrown.com"

LiveLaughLove
10/11/2011, 09:19 AM
Truth is, his seat isn't even warm. He's done a great job there, and they know it. By they I mean the actual powers that makes those decisions, not the idiot fans.

Next years RRR will be a tough one for us. We will be the ones with the inexperienced QB (unless Whitney can work some Sooner Magic on LJ).