PDA

View Full Version : The Sharks Long-Term?

OUVarsityXV
10/10/2011, 08:32 PM
I wonder what kind of legacy these Sharks will leave? They have already been very, very impressive. In five games they have proven themselves worthy of the ferocious moniker. Laying highlight reel hits, taking it to the house and really bringing a take-no-**** attitude that has been missing until recently. We all got on the bandwagon after the ESPN pre-season special, but now it looks like the national media is running with our new found swag. Even the Pride will be playing Jaws every time our defense makes a play.

So here is my question: if we bring home #8 on the stingy play of these Sharks what will the lasting effects be? Will we perpetually continue the name E.G. the Black Shirts & Wrecking Crew? Will they live on forever in Oklahoma lore? I certainly hope so!

SoonerPride
10/10/2011, 08:37 PM
When the Sharks rumble with the Jets you have to keep it cool, boy.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/10/2011, 08:39 PM
Go back to the Mizzou game thread and see what people were saying about the "sharks"

soonerstan56
10/10/2011, 08:44 PM
I ,for one would love for the opening for the "Jaws" theme to be an ongoing song for our defense.

Stan

OUVarsityXV
10/10/2011, 08:52 PM
Go man go but not like some crazy school boy....just play it cool boy.....real coooooool.

Blue
10/10/2011, 08:54 PM
Go back to the Mizzou game thread and see what people were saying about the "sharks"

As long as they keep getting better, It's ok by me.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/10/2011, 08:56 PM
As long as they keep getting better, It's ok by me.Me too. I guess we have to accept some of the missed tackles that come along with back-breaking hits and INTs. It's a trade-off.

PLaw
10/10/2011, 09:00 PM
Maybe we should let Tony Rayburn and his crew comment. Them 'boys could bring some wood. Hear, hear to Sonny Brown, Rickey Dixon, David Vickers, Scott Garl, Derrick Crudup, Lonnie Finch, and Andre Johnson.

Or, maybe Scott Hill, Terry Peters, and Jerry Anderson may want to weigh-in on this "shark" stuff, too.

BIG BOOM BOOMER

OUVarsityXV
10/10/2011, 09:02 PM
I ,for one would love for the opening for the "Jaws" theme to be an ongoing song for our defense.

Stan

Same here!!! I think this Shark thing could be big if we finish this season off right. Fans/recruits can get hyped watching someone get SMASHED putting the fin up to your head, jaws theme blaring and a shark on the video board! The more our defense plays up this Sharks thing combined with delivering a Shark worthy performance the more legendary it shall become! It is a marketer's wet dream. Game Week=Shark Week, calling the student section the shark tank I mean it writes itself.

OUVarsityXV
10/10/2011, 09:06 PM
Maybe we should let Tony Rayburn and his crew comment. Them 'boys could bring some wood. Hear, hear to Sonny Brown, Rickey Dixon, David Vickers, Scott Garl, Derrick Crudup, Lonnie Finch, and Andre Johnson.

Or, maybe Scott Hill, Terry Peters, and Jerry Anderson may want to weigh-in on this "shark" stuff, too.

BIG BOOM BOOMER

All great Sooners. I believe Roy Williams was talking about "the Sharks are hungry today" during one of TJ's 3 picks against Ball St. So I will defer to him.

SoonerPride
10/10/2011, 09:06 PM
Bh7bYNAHXxw

soonerstan56
10/10/2011, 09:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yab9fyO3M14&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Stan

OUVarsityXV
10/10/2011, 09:48 PM
Sharks with FREAKIN LASER BEAMS!!!

8timechamps
10/10/2011, 09:55 PM

BIG BOOM BOOMER

THAT was a nasty defense.

However, IF we don't have any more games like the Mizzou game, and pick up #8...I can see this defense being at least the best since the Dixon/Brown & company days.

Iam4OUru
10/10/2011, 10:53 PM
"Sharks" is certainly better than all this "Honey Badger" LSU carp. GEEZ, I am so sick of hearing that! :upset:

IBleedCrimson
10/10/2011, 11:12 PM
its way to early to be asking these questions. when they win #8 we can talk. everything is dependent upon that. until then its just masturbation

soonerstan56
10/10/2011, 11:32 PM
its way to early to be asking these questions. when they win #8 we can talk. everything is dependent upon that. until then its just masturbation

I enjoy masturbating!

Stan

En_Fuego
10/10/2011, 11:33 PM

BIG BOOM BOOMER

Big difference between a Tiger Shark and a Great White ^^^^^^^^

Brown, Dixon, Vickers, Garl, Peters, Everage and Johnson were Great White's

StoopTroup
10/10/2011, 11:38 PM
Sharks > Fossy Bear > Honey Bear > Baylor Bear > Dancing Bear

BlownGP
10/10/2011, 11:46 PM
"Sharks" is certainly better than all this "Honey Badger" LSU carp. GEEZ, I am so sick of hearing that! :upset:

x2
/thread

So stupid!!!!