PDA

View Full Version : Too bad OU didn't have a chance in 2nd half to do this....

NMSooner'80
10/10/2011, 02:06 PM
A "Statue of Liberty" for another TD, preferably down at the south end (the OU rooting section). I imagine the place would have gone nuts.

And for those of us who are still suffering from seeing that play in person in Phoenix, that would have been all the more enjoyable to exorcise that nonsense.

badger
10/10/2011, 02:09 PM
It might be funny, but IMHO, it's also be a total dick move, like the team that tried to do it against us in Norman (Cincy, I think)?

When Les did the Tebow jump pass against Florida, I kind of shook my head a little.

We completely exorcised any remaining Boyzee demons by thwomping Texas 55-17 on Saturday. No need to be total dicks like Lester.

jkjsooner
10/10/2011, 03:08 PM
I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it but Musberger made a stupid comment about how Stoops would love to take revenge on the coordinator who was at Boise State. This was before the game got out of hand and he was implying that Stoops held some type of grudge against the guy and would run the score up on him.

Stoops is a smart guy and he knows darn well that Boise State called the plays they needed to win the game. Stoops wouldn't expect anything else...

salth2o
10/10/2011, 03:17 PM
Nothing pleases me more than to see those trick plays get blown the **** up. I would rather see 8 bust a 60+ yard run or 12 connect w/ 4 or 85 in the corner of the endzone.

I hate gimmick plays.

yermom
10/10/2011, 04:28 PM
yeah, Whaley breaking off that 64 yard run that was called like any other play works fine for me

that and our defense outscored his offense by 11 points

8timechamps
10/10/2011, 04:33 PM
Teams that implement gimmick plays on a regular basis, live and die by those plays. Texas was a perfect example of this on Saturday. They died.

I'm not sold on Harsin to begin with. It's a lot like when Dan Hawkins left Boise, and Dan Hawkins sucked, yet Boise kept winning. Sooner or later people will realize it's Peterson thats the brains behind that program.

NMSooner'80
10/11/2011, 09:19 AM
I will admit to being more bitter about the Fiasco Bowl than most. Not only was I there, I've also been subjected to hearing people talk about it in ABQ so many times since then. That game was one of the most lied about in the non-Oklahoma media (the whole David/Goliath story line remains a bad joke), and I'll never get over it until we get some major payback on SOMEONE. It's also a big joke that people in central New Mexico are still getting off on it, but that's a by-product of this absurd "anti-BCS schools" mentality that many locals have.

LiveLaughLove
10/11/2011, 09:26 AM
Teams that implement gimmick plays on a regular basis, live and die by those plays. Texas was a perfect example of this on Saturday. They died.

I'm not sold on Harsin to begin with. It's a lot like when Dan Hawkins left Boise, and Dan Hawkins sucked, yet Boise kept winning. Sooner or later people will realize it's Peterson thats the brains behind that program.

The jury is definately out on Harsin. He has the pedigree but is it actually deserved? Could be, I just don't know. Only the inner camp of Boise coaches knows.

I know this, when Leach came to OU, people were saying similar things about him. He was just the OC in name only, while Mumme (sp?) was the actual HC and OC and play caller.

I think it's safe to say now that Leach is an offensive mastermind, if not genius (a term used to frequently). Harsin could be Leach, or he could be Hawkins.

Since I figure Mack did his due diligence, and checked that out, I would say Harsin is probably closer to a Leach. But only time will tell.

OU_Sooners75
10/11/2011, 09:26 AM
Why would we want to do something like that? We didn't need it...and every single trick play they tried netted them negative yards.

I for one am glad Heupel doesn't think like we fans do.

Being up 55-10 and running a trick play would be frowned upon by many that actually hold the right to say we aren't worthy of being in the BCS title game!

Just win with dignity and go on about your business.