PDA

View Full Version : In a debate w/ a Whorn fan...How many corner blitzes???

Dallas
10/10/2011, 12:52 PM
Hello from beautiful sunny (though cold) Anchorage, AK.

So I am in this debate w/ a HORN fan over on our Cowboys boards. He is saying that BV sent tons of corner blitzes at Ash and McCoy and that is why the 2 young freshmen were having such difficult times, because they were not able to pick it up and make OU pay.

Does anyone have a break down of the defensive calls from the game or know how many CB blitzes were called?

Set me straight so I can set him straight... :courage:

Thank you..

JiminyChristmas
10/10/2011, 12:59 PM
From memory, not the film, Fleming blitzed a few times, less than 5 I think. Hurst did not blitz.

BV did blitz the safety, Colvin, a few times. Maybe the whorn fan doesn't know the difference between a corner and a safety.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/10/2011, 01:01 PM
Wasn't corners....I know Fleming did 1 or 2 times, the safeties blitzed some..The linebackers did some...Mostly the DEs beating the crap out of their tackles.

fwsooner22
10/10/2011, 01:01 PM
The answer is NOT ENOUGH.

htownsooner7
10/10/2011, 01:02 PM
Colvin came a few times and as usual Jefferson came a bunch. He probably thinks they are corners even though one is a safety and one is a linebacker (sort of).

stoops the eternal pimp
10/10/2011, 01:04 PM
The answer is NOT ENOUGH.

OU didn't send enough blitzes for you?

Soonerjeepman
10/10/2011, 01:05 PM
doesn't matter, we still kick their a$$! tell him that! LOL

MeMyself&Me
10/10/2011, 01:05 PM

So I am in this debate w/ a HORN fan over on our Cowboys boards. He is saying that BV sent tons of corner blitzes at Ash and McCoy and that is why the 2 young freshmen were having such difficult times, because they were not able to pick it up and make OU pay.

Does anyone have a break down of the defensive calls from the game or know how many CB blitzes were called?

Thank you..

What does it matter? Does he think blitzing is some form of cheating or something. All that matters is that OU's D was getting to the QBs and disrupting their offense.

BigTime1
10/10/2011, 01:17 PM
Tell him the #1 he saw living in the backfield is not a corner.

NormanPride
10/10/2011, 02:31 PM
We usually only sent five on blitzes. They were atrocious at picking them up, though.

Honestly, I think they may have the two worst assistants in college football.

thecynic
10/10/2011, 02:38 PM
we blitzed a lot, just not the corners very often. But he's right about one thing, whatever we did no one, picked it up. We could've blizted an elephant and he would have gotten to the QB

MikeInNorman
10/10/2011, 02:44 PM
It was really more the line than the blitzes. Casey Walker was knocking the Texas center backwards every down. All defensive ends were in the backfield regularly.

rekamrettuB
10/10/2011, 03:32 PM
So OU's corner blitzes equaled a 45 point difference in this guy's mind.

anglachel
10/10/2011, 03:46 PM
I remember two corner blitzes. Actually on one of them Ash avoided it and made a completion down field for a 1st (IIRC).

Dallas
10/10/2011, 04:13 PM
Excellent ammo for me to take back and support my argument. He's basically saying that the pressure wasn't coming from the DL, it was always off the edge w/ the CB. I disagreed, but wanted to be certain, hence my post.

Thank you for taking the time to reply ya'll.

Boomer

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/313667_10150354274274233_669029232_7932974_1305180 575_n.jpg

BillyBall
10/10/2011, 04:26 PM
There were 6 sacks. 4 from the DL, one from LB and one from NB. No corner blitzes resulted in a sack. Maybe he doesn't like math though.

Breadburner
10/10/2011, 04:29 PM
Another stupid ****ing horn.....!!!!

Frozen Sooner
10/10/2011, 04:38 PM

Thank you..

Make sure you make it out to the Peanut Farm for game days, if you haven't already.

PLaw
10/10/2011, 04:45 PM
Doesn't really matter - if you can't handle the heat, then stay out of the kitchen. Generally, their RB's did a poor job picking up the blitz. Is he asking for a mercy rule for their youngsters? D's can't blitz a Frosh QB? Laughable.

Bottom line, we cut out their burnt orange heart and ate it.

BOOMER

rekamrettuB
10/10/2011, 04:59 PM
Ya I'm having a hard time getting this fella's argument. After 2005 I just kind of hung my head and said "Texas beat the snot out of OU".

oumartin
10/10/2011, 05:01 PM
1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi, 3 Mississippi........GO!

picasso
10/10/2011, 09:27 PM

Thank you..
How in the hell is that an argument? That's like saying OU wouldn't have scored any points in last year's game had our offense allowed the Texas D to get lined up.