PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please explain to me this 99% v. 1% thing at the "protests"??

TheHumanAlphabet
10/10/2011, 12:02 PM
I have been traveling and not home since Sept. 1. I keep hearing this thing, but no one ever explains. Not a slam, just curious as to what their logo is about. Obviously, it must not be too good or working as this seems to be something many don't seem to know about...

badger
10/10/2011, 12:04 PM
A Johnson & Johnson heir that has extreme rich boy guilt did a documentary called "The One Percent," whose title is based on the fact that it is estimated that 1 percent of Americans (the wealthiest) control 38 percent of the country's wealth.

If I had to guess, that's where the 99 percent versus the 1 percent comes from.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/10/2011, 12:36 PM
Thanks, that just seems odd. well I guess you have to hang your hat on something. I don't get this liberal guilt with their inherited money. If you are so conflicted about it, then give it away and earn your way rich. I doubt if that will happen.

I still think it is about the rich liberals wanting to close the door to more people making something of themselves and becoming rich by their own hard works.

JohnnyMack
10/10/2011, 12:44 PM
I still think it is about the rich liberals wanting to close the door to more people making something of themselves and becoming rich by their own hard works.

This makes no sense. Thanks.

TUSooner
10/10/2011, 02:57 PM
Thanks, that just seems odd. well I guess you have to hang your hat on something. I don't get this liberal guilt with their inherited money. If you are so conflicted about it, then give it away and earn your way rich. I doubt if that will happen.

Yeah. That makes no sense. Unless you construe... no , even then it makes no sense.

JohnnyMack
10/10/2011, 03:21 PM
Yeah. That makes no sense. Unless you construe... no , even then it makes no sense.

I think he forgot to carry the 9 before he divided by pi.

TUSooner
10/10/2011, 03:32 PM
I think he forgot to carry the 9 before he divided by pi.
I think it presumes that all of reality is divided only by two.

47straight
10/10/2011, 03:49 PM
The people are mad at the richest 1% of the population, except for the part of the 1% of the population that makes trendy, expensive electronics that they like. It's okay for that part of the 1% to move jobs overseas, lie to investors, etc.