PDA

View Full Version : Garret Gilbert...

BigJerm7
10/10/2011, 12:01 PM
Think he got any enjoyment out of the game this weekend?

badger
10/10/2011, 12:02 PM
Probably not. His ex-teammates are probably still his closest friends.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/10/2011, 12:20 PM
Greg Davis probably did

BeaSooner
10/10/2011, 12:20 PM
I bet he was glad he wasn't in the game.

badger
10/10/2011, 12:23 PM
I know I'm going against the grain and all, but I remember Tommie feeling terrible about his Sooners losing to USC, thinking that if only he stayed another year at OU instead of being a first round pick for da bears, he thought he might have helped them win that game.

So, I have think that GG not only felt bad for the guys that played for the burnt orange, but also wished that he could be out there helping them not lose by as much or pulling off a UT miracle... but, shoulder surgery, transferring, etc.

I haven't heard Greg Davis express any public bitterness yet unlike a certain Maryland diploma burner. I think it was well documented that with the exception of two games (us and Nebby), he totally phoned it in last season and didn't gameplan much for the rest of the season, knowing Muschamp wasn't going to retain him once Mack was retired. So... maybe he was just sitting back like a lot of fans who aspire to coach football and was all like "I would have run a bubble screen there" or "That was a poorly timed trick play."

stoops the eternal pimp
10/10/2011, 12:32 PM
If a teammate feels that close to his team, he doesn't quit them immediately after losing his place..Leaving early for the draft and quitting because you lost your spot are a little different IMO..

PrideMom
10/10/2011, 12:33 PM
Who cares?

budbarrybob
10/10/2011, 12:34 PM
I'd be very bitter if I were GG. After watching how bad the 0-line played for *, I'd be damn near hostile at the coaching staff for the benching. Ok, so he's not a world beater but he's not any worse than TFCM/Ash. * has very little to hope for QB wise in the near future. Which makes me very happy!

BigJerm7
10/10/2011, 01:03 PM
I'd be very bitter if I were GG. After watching how bad the 0-line played for *, I'd be damn near hostile at the coaching staff for the benching. Ok, so he's not a world beater but he's not any worse than TFCM/Ash. * has very little to hope for QB wise in the near future. Which makes me very happy!

That's my point exactly. The coaching staff made him out to be the problem, which evidently he wasn't any worse than Cavid McCash.

papawlambert
10/10/2011, 03:36 PM
Same thing Mackie did with Major Applewhite. Texas has so much talent and Mackie even with that will be an also ran again. They sure need a coach.
Papaw

SoonerMom2
10/10/2011, 04:05 PM
I remember Chris Simms laughing on the sideline when Applewhite made a dumb move -- think it was an interception if I remember right. Deep down Gilbert has to be smiling at what happened at quarterback on Saturday. He has more class than Chrissie Simms to do it openly.

rekamrettuB
10/10/2011, 04:08 PM
Speaking of Chris Simms, he was spotted Saturday afternoon around 12:30 in the corner of a sports bar in Nashville curled up in the fetal position. Must have been having flashbacks.

ATX Sooner
10/10/2011, 04:18 PM
That's my point exactly. The coaching staff made him out to be the problem, which evidently he wasn't any worse than Cavid McCash.

Or is it Dase McAsh?

papawlambert
10/10/2011, 04:33 PM
Only reason Chrissie played is because Daddy made a big contribution to the school.
Papaw