PDA

View Full Version : Baseball fall workouts & intrasquad games

BoomerJack
10/10/2011, 11:37 AM
Does anyone out there know if fall practices and the Red/White intrasquad games are open to the public?

A couple of weeks ago, someone at the crack S.I.D. office promised to get back to me on this but I haven't heard a word.

Anyone? Buehler?

rysooner
10/11/2011, 10:04 AM
Yes, they are open to anyone. Have a friend who has made about everyone of them.

IndySooner
10/11/2011, 10:47 AM
Yes, they are open to anyone. Have a friend who has made about everyone of them.

Gee, I wonder who that is?

oldtimer
10/18/2011, 10:42 PM
Just saw where Sooners will be hosting the Burnt Orange the first weekend on Big 12 Conference play March 16-18. Mark your calendars. Seems like a lot to swallow on the very first weekend for the new team. Sure would be different to win 2 of 3 from the whorns this year... Has anybody seen the complete Sooner 2012 baseball schedule yet - Indy, anyone?? Would be nice to add a stickie for that when acquired.

eagle21
10/20/2011, 04:20 PM
Just saw where Sooners will be hosting the Burnt Orange the first weekend on Big 12 Conference play March 16-18. Mark your calendars. Seems like a lot to swallow on the very first weekend for the new team. Sure would be different to win 2 of 3 from the whorns this year... Has anybody seen the complete Sooner 2012 baseball schedule yet - Indy, anyone?? Would be nice to add a stickie for that when acquired.

An "unofficial" schedule (below) was released about 3 weeks ago. You are correct on the March 16-18 date with the whorns. Until the "official" schedule is released I wouldn't get too carried away with a stickie to avoid confussion.

Fri. Feb. 17 Pepperdine Pepperdine 2:00pm
Sat. Feb. 18 Pepperdine Pepperdine 2:00
Sun. Feb. 19 Pepperdine Pepperdine 1:00
Fri. Feb. 24 Hartford Norman 3:00
Sat. Feb. 25 Hartford Norman 2:00
Sun. Feb. 26 Hartford Norman 1:00
Tues. Feb. 28 UTA Norman 3:00
Fri. March 2 New Mexico Albuquerque
Sat. March 3 New Mexico Albuquerque
Sun. March 4 New Mexico Albuquerque
Tues. March 6 Pine Bluff Norman 3:00
Wed. March 7 Pine Bluff Norman 3:00
Fri. March 9 Nike Showcase – U Conn Eugene, OR
Sat. March 10 Nike Showcase -Oregon Eugene, OR
Sat. March 10 Nike Showcase – West Virginia Eugene, OR
Sun. March 11 Nike Showcase – Oregon St. Corvalis, OR
Tues. March 13 DBU Dallas
Fri. March 16 Texas Norman 6:30
Sat. March 17 Texas Norman 2:00
Sun. March 18 Texas Norman 1:00
Tues. March 20 Air Force Norman 6:30
Wed. March 21 Air Force Norman 3:00
Fri. March 23 Texas Tech Lubbock
Sat. March 24 Texas Tech Lubbock
Sun. March 25 Texas Tech Lubbock
Tues. March 27 Oral Roberts Norman 6:30
Fri. March 30 Kansas State Norman 6:30
Sat. March 31 Kansas State Norman 2:00
Sun. April 1 Kansas State Norman 1:00
Thur. April 5 Texas A&M College Station
Fri. April 6 Texas A&M College Station
Sat April 7 Texas A&M College Station
Tues. April 10 Arkansas Norman 6:30
Fri. April 13 Missouri Norman 6:30
Sat. April 14 Missouri Norman 2:00
Sun. April 15 Missouri Norman 1:00
Tues. April 17 Oral Roberts Tulsa 6:30
Fri April 20 Alabama St. Norman 6:30
Sat. April 21 Alabama St. Norman 2:00
Sun. April 22 Alabama St. Norman 1:00
Tues. April 24 OSU Stillwater
Wed April 25 DBU Norman 6:30
Fri. April 27 Kansas Lawrence
Sat. April 28 Kansas Lawrence
Sun. April 29 Kansas Lawrence
Tues. May 1 TCU Fort Worth
Fri. May 4 OSU
Sat. May 5 OSU
Sun. May 6 OSU
Fri. May 11 Baylor Norman 6:30
Sat. May 12 Baylor Norman 2:00
Sun. May 13 Baylor Norman 1:00
Tues. May 15 TCU Norman 6:30
Thur. May 17 SAMFORD Norman 6:30
Fri. May 18 SAMFORD Norman 6:30
Sat. May 19 SAMFORD Norman 2:00
May 23-27 Big 12 Tournament
June 1-4 Regional
June 8-10 Super Regional
June 15-26 CWS

NMSooner'80
10/21/2011, 12:58 PM
The game times for Albuquerque are 6 p.m. MST (Friday), 2 p.m. (Saturday) and 1 p.m. (Sunday). Bring your sweaters and some Yardbird attitude! I'm trying to get the whole third-base side filled with Sooners (the visitors are on the third base side for college games at Isotopes Park). The park is across the street from the Pit and UNM's football stadium. It's about half a mile east of I-25 on Avenida Cesar Chavez.

TumbleweedDoom
10/23/2011, 04:26 PM
Man, I love Albuquerque. I may have to make that trip!

IndySooner
10/24/2011, 02:27 PM
That is an absolutely HORRIBLE home schedule.

NMSooner'80
10/26/2011, 10:24 AM
I was hoping the UNM series would be later in the season (warmer weather). Isotopes Park can be rather chilly in March, even in the daytime. But the views are amazing toward the mountains. In fact, back in '05, when the ballpark hosted a two-game exhibition series (Rangers vs. Rockies on a Friday, then Rangers vs. Diamonbacks on that Saturday), the TV crew from the Rangers' network kept commenting about it. But, it was also kind of funny that they didn't realize why there was still snow on the mountains in early April. The elevation of the Sandias is way higher than the mountains near Phoenix are.

One additional thing that could get interesting - the Isotopes' gameday staff for Lobo games is notoriously anti-fun. They're famous for ejecting UNM students for heckling. But, they might also toss OU fans who do the same. It also may explain why some Lobo fans are starting to boycott the PCL games (I do anyway, because I despise the Isotopes' parent club).

IndySooner
10/26/2011, 10:32 AM
I was hoping the UNM series would be later in the season (warmer weather). Isotopes Park can be rather chilly in March, even in the daytime. But the views are amazing toward the mountains. In fact, back in '05, when the ballpark hosted a two-game exhibition series (Rangers vs. Rockies on a Friday, then Rangers vs. Diamonbacks on that Saturday), the TV crew from the Rangers' network kept commenting about it. But, it was also kind of funny that they didn't realize why there was still snow on the mountains in early April. The elevation of the Sandias is way higher than the mountains near Phoenix are.

One additional thing that could get interesting - the Isotopes' gameday staff for Lobo games is notoriously anti-fun. They're famous for ejecting UNM students for heckling. But, they might also toss OU fans who do the same. It also may explain why some Lobo fans are starting to boycott the PCL games (I do anyway, because I despise the Isotopes' parent club).

With the exception of Bedlam, the Yardbirds don't typically take their schtick on the road. Don't think there will be issues with OU fans getting tossed for heckling in another team's stadium.