PDA

View Full Version : Broyles called back TD

BermudaSooner
10/10/2011, 10:14 AM
Anyone have a pic of our alignment that caused this to be called back? I was at the game and haven't seen the replay (forgot to set the damn DVR). Curious what we did wrong.

MeMyself&Me
10/10/2011, 10:16 AM
I don't think everyone was set when they hiked the ball.

BermudaSooner
10/10/2011, 10:20 AM
I don't think everyone was set when they hiked the ball.

ah thanks--really sucks when penalties that don't really affect the play are called. I guess we managed to pull it out anyway...just barely..

dennis580
10/10/2011, 10:24 AM
ah thanks--really sucks when penalties that don't really affect the play are called. I guess we managed to pull it out anyway...just barely..

Actually not being set does effect the play. It gives the offense a huge advantage. The flag was immediately thrown well before the play developed.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/10/2011, 10:31 AM
I tried to look at again after it was called and it appeared not enough guys lined up on the LoS....but ^ looked very likely

OUTrumpet
10/10/2011, 11:21 AM
I tried to look at again after it was called and it appeared not enough guys lined up on the LoS....but ^ looked very likely

I believe this is it - I watched it on my DVR Saturday evening. I think we had 6 on the line of scrimmage. Not sure if it was Jaz or Stills, but the isolated receiver on the OU sideline appeared to not be on the LOS. We had a tackle eligible receiver because of that.

Although the tv crew were messing around and you could barely see the start of the play because of the hurry-up, so any captured pics would probably be difficult to tell.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/10/2011, 11:52 AM
I believe this is it - I watched it on my DVR Saturday evening. I think we had 6 on the line of scrimmage. Not sure if it was Jaz or Stills, but the isolated receiver on the OU sideline appeared to not be on the LOS. We had a tackle eligible receiver because of that.

Although the tv crew were messing around and you could barely see the start of the play because of the hurry-up, so any captured pics would probably be difficult to tell.

It was either 8 on the LOS or 6 since the 2 WRs on the bottom of the formation were at the exact same depth.

JiminyChristmas
10/10/2011, 12:02 PM
Stoops said on the replay show that it was the receiver on the left side lined up off the ball instead of on. I think that would have been Stills. It was the right call. Had nothing to do with not being set.

tulsaoilerfan
10/10/2011, 09:40 PM
Thanks for explaining cause ABC never showed a replay nor did they explain what exactly the penalty was for

8timechamps
10/10/2011, 10:04 PM
Wasn't the call too many men in the backfield? If it had been players not set, isn't that a dead ball penalty?

GregFockerRN
10/10/2011, 10:04 PM
It was either 8 on the LOS or 6 since the 2 WRs on the bottom of the formation were at the exact same depth.

You can have 8 on the line. That wouldn't be an illegal formation. The only problem with 8 on the line would be that you could possibly have an ineligible receiver down field.

SoonerofAlabama
10/10/2011, 10:07 PM
Watched the Sooner Football Show. It was because a receiver was just off of the line. Not sure who.

VA Sooner
10/10/2011, 10:11 PM
Could have been another Broyles' TD... next time.

salth2o
10/10/2011, 10:13 PM
I am glad it was called back, because I missed it. :D I was helping my son get his pizza, chips, and soda set up in the aisle.