PDA

View Full Version : What is texas' excuse?

SoonerPride
10/10/2011, 09:53 AM
Young? Really? Why?

What is texas' excuse? They haven't been decimated by injuries or early defections to the NFL. They supposedly have top 5 recruiting classes each year. They should be reloading talent and instead they are incompetent. It has to be coaching.

I thought their Mickey Mouse offense was a joke. Those double reverse passes only lead to success every once in a while and often lead to huge losses. No wonder OU had more than 100 yards in tackles for loss against them. That's not a sound offensive philosophy.

Even Mike Leach's spread was more sound than that junk. I'm delighted texas is clueless.

Breadburner
10/10/2011, 09:59 AM
Yup...Just what you want to do with a young inexperienced team....Multiple gimmick plays.....I wonder if they have it down yet......

htownsooner7
10/10/2011, 10:17 AM
What I'm hearing is that all this proves is that our seniors are better than their freshmen. Makes little sense to me seeing as how their three best defensive players are seniors and the only TD they scored while the game was in question was scored by a senior. Also, I believe 5 of our 7 TDs were scored by non-seniors and of course Landry is not a senior.

KantoSooner
Their excuse for the debacle? They are Texas. That is sufficient.

MeMyself&Me
I keep hearing them give youth as an excuse which I rind amusing. Texas is not that much younger than OU.

MyT Oklahoma
10/10/2011, 10:23 AM
Perhaps they just plain suck. You think?

rekamrettuB
10/10/2011, 10:25 AM
Did OU use this excuse in 2005? Nope. Just got the **** kicked out of them by a really good Texas team and a freak of a college QB.

Jacie
10/10/2011, 10:31 AM
Yup...Just what you want to do with a young inexperienced team....Multiple gimmick plays.....I wonder if they have it down yet......

In a way it shows that Mike Leach, Dana Holgerson and other coaches that run those really wide open offenses, such as Houston's, are actual masters of their craft. There is more to it than having players on offense watch you draw X's and O's on a blackboard. Wanting such an offense is easy. Putting one on the field not so much.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/10/2011, 10:34 AM
OU was younger than Texas last season and beat them. It wasn't OU's fault that Texas sucked even more than they normally suck last season. If *** and Sloth McCoy were anything special, they should have been able to beat out Garrett Gilbert in the off-season regardless of his experience level. They have a lot of work to do.

MyT Oklahoma
10/10/2011, 10:38 AM
We are developing a consenus. * sucks.

Dio
10/10/2011, 12:17 PM
"But...but...we're TEXAS!"

PrideMom
10/10/2011, 12:27 PM
Texas has never learned that you have to WORK to win. Back in the days when they could just show up and win are GONE!! OU out coached and out played them.

The Dallas writer even commented on the kick return as they had a lot of practice so they eventually would get one. But OU could have scored on them almost every time they had the ball. Remember in 2000 Heupel and Q remained in the entire game.......

StoopTroup
10/10/2011, 12:32 PM
When your offense can't score and your defense can't stop anyone you find any excuse you can.

Mack is in a rebuilding year. :D

Plus it's been really dry in fezax.

budbarrybob
10/10/2011, 12:43 PM
"We haven't recruited ball players, Just 5 star recruits"

BigJerm7
10/10/2011, 01:09 PM
My "Beat Texas" shirt from a few years back seemed to have a rejuvinated meaning this year. On the back it reads "You're not Young, and you're not the real McCoy." I guess history does repeat itself.

Landthief 1972
10/10/2011, 03:09 PM
I think Mack has reverted back to his old self. When you stand up to him and trade punches with him, he flinches. If you give him and Stoops the exact same team of young kids and ran them through a season, Stoops would come out with a better record every time. Stoops has a knack of getting more from less, and figuring out ways to get all of his best players on the field, i.e., playing them in new positions.

soonergirlNeugene
10/10/2011, 03:20 PM
What is texas' excuse?

'Is' would imply only one.

Keller Sooner
10/10/2011, 05:53 PM
ESPIN was using the young factor all week leading up to the game. Although they were hoping for a Texas upset, they were building an excuse for Texas all the way up to the game. During the game Kirk and Mushy wouldn't let it go. It was all about Texas and their inexperience. Everyone has to play young players but it isn't used as an excuse by them.

badger
10/10/2011, 05:55 PM
I still like the "OU can only win with Texas players" excuse :mack:

Here, I just threw this together :)
http://i.picasion.com/pic45/df6d26c1396dc2529f002d9208d6037a.gif

colleyvillesooner
10/10/2011, 05:57 PM
Texas has 55 Sophmore and freshmen.

OU has a lowly 52.

Next.

76soonergrad
10/10/2011, 06:13 PM
Perhaps they just plain suck. You think?

Times 10. They're quarterbacks especially.

PLaw
10/10/2011, 08:19 PM
CLASSIC uterus excuse: "OU CHEATS".... for that matter, any body that beats them must cheat.

Man, I hate 'em. 24X7X365

BOOMER

70sooner
10/10/2011, 08:46 PM
I thought their Mickey Mouse offense was a joke. Those double reverse passes only lead to success every once in a while and often lead to huge losses. No wonder OU had more than 100 yards in tackles for loss against them. That's not a sound offensive philosophy.

you cannot run that shiite in a real conference, week in and week out. heck, he's trying that crap in the 4th quarter fer god's sake....

"But...but...we're TEXAS!"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/sooner/crying_ut_fan.jpg

meoveryouxinfinity
10/10/2011, 08:46 PM
They had a junior quarterback...............he's just not playing anymore.

Just saying

soonerstan56
10/10/2011, 08:58 PM
Texas has 55 Sophmore and freshmen.

OU has a lowly 52.

Next.

Well there you go,it's those three underclassmen that made all the difference!!!!

Stan

S008NER
10/10/2011, 09:32 PM
it's greg davis fault.

cleller
10/10/2011, 10:25 PM
But they have The Longhorn Network!

AlbqSooner
10/11/2011, 06:56 AM
Whorns consistently get top drawer talent. Some extremely talented high school players sign with them. Unfortunately, four or five years in Mack's "player development program" and they are still extremely talented high school type players.

sooner518
10/11/2011, 07:05 AM
I actually heard the the sports radio guys here in Austin yesterday talking about how they would have done had Garrett Gilbert not gotten hurt. "At least he's been in the fire before". I was laughing so hard at those idiots.

Jacie
10/12/2011, 11:50 AM
Here is what sa*et fans should have been saying after the game and it bodes ill for them the rest of this season. The two guys running the offense and defense are in one respect, freshman. They are not used to Big XII teams.

Harsin, the co-OC, previously faced teams from the Western Athletic Conference and given Boise State's conference record over the last 10 years, he had their number. I guess those teams ran defenses that allowed BSU time to set up plays with multiple handoffs or they didn't blitz or even try to pressure the QB. He was probably expecting to see the refs flag OU for roughness everytime McCoy or Ash went down.

Diaz, the DC, was an SEC guy (for a year at Mississippi State). Now he is crafting defenses in the Big XII where some teams employ the spread offense. How smart was it to prepare the whorns to go out to shut down a rushing attack along the lines of Alabama or LSU only to face Oklahoma and watch the Sooners eschew the run but move up and down the field at will. Amazingly, he failed to make any changes for the second half. If he doesn't get a clue by this Saturday, O-State is going to make the scoreboard at DKR stadium light up like a pinball machine.

In short, those two coordinators that the whorn fans swore would turn things around at sa*et are still coaching BSU and MSU, respectively.

PhiDeltBeers
10/12/2011, 12:22 PM
Very good points!