PDA

View Full Version : Are You Coming Up To Watch The Dirty Bird Beatdown?

Al Gore
10/9/2011, 09:17 PM
If you are coming up and have any questions, I will attempt to help! Wack the dirty birds!

flysooner9
10/9/2011, 10:19 PM
any idea what tickets will go for around the stadium? They are still rather high on stub hub, also cant believe they are 80 bucks face.

Soonerjeepman
10/9/2011, 10:30 PM
yeah thanks to the jayhawks for the $80 price....

my cousin has 3 in the OU section...shoot me a price...he is in Dallas but is coming up (wife is a ku grad)...I'm in KC.

guessing half at game time..at least or less...but that is game time...

most jayhawk fans are praying OU doesn't score 80 on them..

MyT Oklahoma
10/10/2011, 01:05 AM
What are the visitor sections in Memorial Stadium?

hawaii 5-0
10/10/2011, 01:24 AM
It there hot AND cold water in the bathrooms?

Are pigs and chickens allowed?

5-0

MyT Oklahoma
10/10/2011, 10:30 AM
Seriously, where are the visitor's sections in Lawrence? I am up for a road trip to watch the game this week.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/10/2011, 10:33 AM
Don't the Jayhawks have some people who can sell us some tickets on the down-low?

stoops the eternal pimp
10/10/2011, 10:34 AM
What are the visitor sections in Memorial Stadium?

Probably the north, south, east, and west sections

MyT Oklahoma
10/10/2011, 10:36 AM
Well.. yeah.. if you were at Kansas State. They like to split the visitors sections up.

Oh well.. I'll pick the daughter up in Topeka and then find some tickets when I get there. I imagine you can probably end up sitting anywhere because the K Who fans will be leaving early this weekend.

sluggo sooner
10/10/2011, 10:57 AM
I will be there. It's Dad's day (my daughter goes to KU).

Soonerjeepman
10/10/2011, 11:11 AM
last time I was there and my cousin got tickets through OU we were in the east side about the 10 yrd line...about halfway up.. not sure where we are this year..but yeah I'd think the birds will be dropping tickets left and right due to the osu pounding...they had bad thoughts before that game, it just confirmed they think OU will beat them as bad or worse..

IronHorseSooner
10/10/2011, 11:19 AM
Already got my tix! I'll be tailgating with my KU buddy. He's actually more excited to see OU play than his own Jayhawks! If you haven't been, Massachusetts Street is Lawrence is pretty cool!

Al Gore
10/10/2011, 04:58 PM
I have a feeling they will be cheap at the stadium. I am going to check Craigslist tonight.

badger
10/10/2011, 05:36 PM
Yeah, I don't see face value carrying through on gameday. Methinks KU overestimated how much traveling Sooner fans will pay to see hapless jayhawks fight with pillows against our sledgehammers.

SoonerJack
10/10/2011, 08:46 PM
I got two $80 for $50 a piece on Craigslist. I felt like it was a pretty fair price even though we probably could have gotten them for less around the stadium. We're going to be in the northwest corner, so surrounded by KU folks. My source said she could probably scrounge up some more if need be.

Soonerfan88
10/10/2011, 09:06 PM
Face was $90 last time we were there, I think. As bad a product as they are putting on the field, should only be about $20.

Al Gore
10/12/2011, 07:44 AM
I am seeing $40 to $50 ticket prices today. I expect them to go lower than that.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/12/2011, 02:00 PM
I'll be there with Boomah Bells on!

So Al, any tips or tricks getting in and out? I'll be coming in off I-70 north of the campus (as I'm sure many others will), but will be getting there probably only a couple of hours prior to kickoff around 6pm.

From the maps it looks like the exits would be N 2nd/N 3rd Street, or McDonald Drive. Is one preferable over the other? Are there any sneaky pete routes you would take instead?

Also, regarding parking... assuming with the residences north of the stadium people have lawn parking on gameday? Or would I need to look for another option?

Thanks!

Al Gore
10/12/2011, 03:34 PM
Soonerboy....Yard parking is located on the North side of the stadium. Majority of it is on the streets of:

Missouri, Maine, Alabama, Illinois and Mississippi and between 9th, 10th and 11th street.

Coming off of I70 there are no sneaky routes to the football stadium other than trying to hit 2nd or 4th street East because Mcdonald/Iowa will be busy.

There is also a shuttle/park for $10? at Allen Field House at lot 90. (Maybe it is free because nobody watches the games?)

Al Gore
10/13/2011, 06:35 AM
I am hearing some have dropped to $30 to $40 ......KU announce they are selling some for $40 with some special promo code?

Sooner J
10/13/2011, 10:27 AM
Is anyone getting together for tailgating? If so where?

Al Gore
10/13/2011, 11:22 AM
Seeing End Zone seats going for $20 to $25.....

IronHorseSooner
10/13/2011, 11:26 AM
Is anyone getting together for tailgating? If so where?

I am going to be tailgating with a KU buddy of mine, but he is open to allowing OU folks to join. Most KU fans are actually fascinated with OUr team.

SoonerBeerMan
10/13/2011, 11:40 AM
FYI, if anyone is interested in buying KU tickets to the game this weekend, go to the KU ticket office and enter promotional code wwb1g1s. KU is offering two tickets for the price of one!

allanace16
10/13/2011, 12:18 PM
Thinking I'm gonna have a last minute change of heart and make the trip. Where's everyone buying tickets? Craigslist?

milesl
10/13/2011, 02:18 PM
I plan on going.I live in Kansas City. I was just going to buy a student ticket when I got there, but my brother sent this to me. Does anyone know if this is true?

IMPORTANT message for anyone attending the OU-KU game
DO NOT BUY STUDENT TICKETS!!! There will probably be a lot of KU students trying to sell tickets to the game. The KU Athletic Department is giving one free ticket to every student who requests one. I expect a lot of those will be for sale cheap. However, KU announced that anyone trying to enter the stadium with a student ticket of any kind would have to show a student ID card.

Al Gore
10/13/2011, 03:36 PM
Thinking I'm gonna have a last minute change of heart and make the trip. Where's everyone buying tickets? Craigslist?
I am going as a KU booster....I was looking on KC/Lawrence and Topeka Craigslist for some friends and I see GA and Family Zone for $20. You will probably see they laying on the ground at gametime!!!

BTW....I am sure my fellow KU boosters will enjoy mine and Mrs AG's Sooner clothes at the pre-party dinner and game!!!

MyT Oklahoma
10/13/2011, 06:02 PM
KU is going to die.