PDA

View Full Version : So when we have a bit of a let down against KU...

soonerP_A_C
10/9/2011, 07:05 PM
am I gonna have to listen to the poke fans I work with yack about how much better they are 'cause they piled on against the hapless Jayhawks?

If history repeats, we'll have a solid but lackluster win against a home team that's jacked up to have the # 1 team at their house. Probably win 34-3 or something like that.

Does anyone on these boards think that we, after yesterday's emotional dominance over a hated rival, are going to go up to LAWRENCE KANSAS to play a bad team, and be jacked up enough to score 10 touchdowns?

I'd love to watch it, but I doubt it happens.

And I'll have to listen to a few 'puke fans who think apple-to-orange comparisons in college football are logical...

And along the same lines, where's Mike Lupica to speak out to Mike Gundy about running up the score? I didn't see or hear any accusations of unsportsmanlike behavior of the Mike Gundy and the fighting weedons...

Sheesh... Bring on Bedlam so we can shut 'em up for another year.

Boomer.

SoonerofAlabama
10/9/2011, 07:08 PM
I am willing to bet we don't have a letdown this week. Score a TD on our first possession.

badger
10/9/2011, 07:14 PM
As a Tulsa resident, I observe the behavior and moods of these Poke fans in their natural habitats, and this is what I have observed:

:les: THIS SEASON IS MEANINGLESS UNLESS WE BEAT OU! [hairGel]

Therefore, you can safely assume that everything that we do compared to everything they do will be overly analyzed, scrutinized and pokeized until November. Put on your shades and say "DEAL WITH IT" :)

Keller Sooner
10/9/2011, 07:14 PM
Yep, they will have their chance to prove if they're better or not on the field. Anything before then is just talk. Of course, we all know how pokes like to talk.

SoonerStud615
10/9/2011, 07:18 PM
I don't think KU's defense could hold anyone to 34 points.

SoonerofAlabama
10/9/2011, 07:22 PM
If they hold us to 34 points, Pokes are allowed to talk crap. KU's D "held" Mcneese State to 24 points.

btb916
10/9/2011, 07:46 PM
If KU scores 7 points or less, I will be happy if we only score 21.

Soonermagik
10/9/2011, 07:55 PM
I think OU will have a lackluster performance. The Whorns beating was another emotional win like the FSU game. However, Kansas lacks the talent and speed to be a true threat. I could see a slow start then 42 - 10 or something like that.

Widescreen
10/9/2011, 07:59 PM
We should be able to sleepwalk our way to 50 against this KU team. Their defense may be the worst in CFB this year. I mean they are BAD.

Iam4OUru
10/9/2011, 08:03 PM
If KU scores 7 points or less, I will be happy if we only score 21.

A 21-7 win is surely to drop us out of the Top 10. :calm: