PDA

View Full Version : Right Tackle

Neath a Western Sky
10/9/2011, 05:47 PM
Lane Johnson started the Texas game and I think he played till sometime in the 2nd Quarter, when Jarvis Jones came in. I didn't see Johnson again, though I wasn't watching on every play. Was he hurt, were they rotating him and Jones, or did Jones take over? Also, I assume Clay was held out due to the shot he took the week before?

SoonerofAlabama
10/9/2011, 06:22 PM
Lane Johnson started the Texas game and I think he played till sometime in the 2nd Quarter, when Jarvis Jones came in. I didn't see Johnson again, though I wasn't watching on every play. Was he hurt, were they rotating him and Jones, or did Jones take over? Also, I assume Clay was held out due to the shot he took the week before?

Only one I know for certain about is Clay. He was held out for precautionary measures.

cccasooner2
10/9/2011, 06:46 PM
I saw Jarvis on TV alot but I don't see him at all in HolaKyle's highlights. I'll have to defer to those in the know. I thought he played well though.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/9/2011, 08:31 PM
Jones had a penalty early on but settled in nicely...Right now technique wise, he is way ahead of Johnson but I think Johnson will end up a lot better player

Keller Sooner
10/9/2011, 10:09 PM
Jones came in for Johnson about midway of the 2nd quarter. Shead came in about the same time for Good at guard. Johnson was back at right tackle in the 3rd quarter. He and Haywood threw the key blocks for Whaley's td run. They rotated in some of the other guys at guard, Shead, Tompkins and i think Irwin. It looks like they are trying to get jones in game condition and some of the other guys more experience. Shead and Jones played quite a bit. I would have to check the tape to see who all played. They seemed to all play pretty well.