PDA

View Full Version : Jamelll Fleming

8timechamps
10/9/2011, 03:41 PM
I have a love/hate relationship with Jamell.

For example, the first drive texas had, when Whittaker went for a long gain, was because JF decided to get sucked in and give Whittaker the outside...where he had no one else defending him. I didn't love him then.

THEN

Jamell proceeds to have, arguably, the best game of the season. After that flub, I only saw him out of position one other time, and that time he was able to recover and make the tackle. Otherwise, he played good in coverage and against the run...and he got a TD on top of it. I loved him for the rest of the game.

The weakness in our defense has been our secondary. Saturday, I thought Flemming stepped up and showed why he was a starter. If he can stay at this level of play the rest of the season...we're going to be pretty damn tough to beat.

SoonerKnight
10/9/2011, 03:55 PM
I agree the team is getting better!

btb916
10/9/2011, 04:01 PM
I don't think it's fair to criticize Flemming for making one mistake. He led the team in tackles, had a strip for a touchdown, and otherwise played magnificently. I do agree that he has not played up to his potential up to this point, but yesterday he took a huge step forward. Think he's hit his stride after not getting any practice over the spring or summer.

8timechamps
10/9/2011, 04:26 PM
I don't think it's fair to criticize Flemming for making one mistake. He led the team in tackles, had a strip for a touchdown, and otherwise played magnificently. I do agree that he has not played up to his potential up to this point, but yesterday he took a huge step forward. Think he's hit his stride after not getting any practice over the spring or summer.

The point was not to criticize JF for the bad play, it was to point out how well he played. I used the bad play as an example of my love/hate relationship...keep in mind I have never, and probably will never meet the kid.

cccasooner2
10/9/2011, 05:55 PM
That tackle where he handled Brown like a sack of grain made me smile. :)

AzianSooner
10/9/2011, 06:26 PM
TXass did not/could not challenge the secondary. Missouri and FSU did some. The real test for secondary will come from Baylor and OSU.

CBUS_SOONER
10/9/2011, 06:30 PM
How about after he scored, pointed at the camera and did the shark thing. Priceless