PDA

View Full Version : I really hope Texas keeps Mack Brown

PDXsooner
10/9/2011, 10:35 AM
I've been reading around on ShaggyBevo and there are some classic meltdowns on there, including a long one about firing Mack Brown. It seems for the most part that Texas fans are comfortable with Mack Brown, which makes me happy.

I actually like Mack Brown, and he seems like a nice enough guy. However, I think he's vastly underperformed during his tenure in Austin. Texas should get the first 25 guys they feel like signing, pretty much every year. They at least should waste no more time than recruiting 30 guys for 25 spots. Yet, in 14 years Mack will have 2 conference titles, one NC, and in my opinion a pretty overall soft program.

A bad coach (Ron Prince, for example) could win 8 or 9 games a year there. A great coach (Saban) would win 11 or 12 games a year, 10 in a bad year and play for a NC every 3-4 years.

On a side note, the hate and disgust they have for Stoops makes me smile. Their disdain for our program is so satisfying!

DrZaius
10/9/2011, 10:36 AM
^
what he said

bluedogok
10/9/2011, 10:45 AM
What I think is funny is when they get on the team for having an "entitlement attitude" when they have one of the largest "entitlement attitudes" of any fans in all of sports. That attitude starts at the top and permeates the entire school, athletic dept, administration, students and fans. The players are just indicative of the culture that exists here in Austin. It is definitely not something that I will miss when I move to Denver at the end of the month, although it is kind of humorous around here when they get a dose of reality that they aren't as special as they perceive themselves to be.

PLaw
10/9/2011, 10:45 AM
Texas gets the players they want, period. The problem is, they are not very good at evaluating how talent will develop and they offer way to early. Mack likes to have his work done by October. Too many times, HS kids are still maturing through their Sr. season and what appeared to be a stud as a Soph or Junior because they have been held back or matured early, too often gets left behind when the younger Seniors begin to bloom. UT would be far better served to offer the 5-10 can't miss seniors early and then see how the senior season goes.

BOOMER

Jacie
10/9/2011, 10:47 AM
Why wouldn't they?

He's a gentleman. He's classy. He employs his friends. He employs his wife's relatives. He speaks for his players. He wears orange shirts. He smiles when he loses big. He throws anyone and everyone under the bus when he does. He is TEXAS!

PDXsooner
10/9/2011, 10:53 AM
UT would be far better served to offer the 5-10 can't miss seniors early and then see how the senior season goes.

BOOMER

I've always thought that! They are basically signing HS Juniors. What about late bloomers or kids that peak their Senior years? No love for them?

DenverSooner751
10/9/2011, 11:36 AM
What I think is funny is when they get on the team for having an "entitlement attitude" when they have one of the largest "entitlement attitudes" of any fans in all of sports. That attitude starts at the top and permeates the entire school, athletic dept, administration, students and fans. The players are just indicative of the culture that exists here in Austin. It is definitely not something that I will miss when I move to Denver at the end of the month, although it is kind of humorous around here when they get a dose of reality that they aren't as special as they perceive themselves to be.

Welcome to Denver, get the hell outta Austin as soon as possible! Had our first dusting of snow this weekend.

The part about Texas that cracks me up, especially when we throttle them like yesterday, they act so shocked and how their is a conspiracy. Lol.

agoo758
10/9/2011, 11:50 AM
Texas gets the players they want, period. The problem is, they are not very good at evaluating how talent will develop and they offer way to early. Mack likes to have his work done by October.

BOOMER

You know what's funny? He admitted exactly that during an interview with Erin Andrews yesterday morning. He doesn't even bother to deny it

Okie35
10/9/2011, 11:58 AM
You should've used Turner Gill as an example of a bad coach. Ron Prince wasn't so bad he brought Kstate back to a bowl game.

papawlambert
10/9/2011, 01:10 PM
I've said it before and I will say it again. Mack Brown is a no good lying SOB! I hope he stays at Texas as he will never be a good coach even with the opportunity to have the best Texas players.
Papaw