PDA

View Full Version : Dom Whaley's Speed

boomersooner28
10/9/2011, 08:06 AM
There were 2 plays yesterday that made me say out loud "HOLY S%IT he's fast!". One was Texas' DJ Monroe on the kickoff return that was called back. THAT dude can FLY. The other was Dom Whaleys long TD run. He was hauling major arse. The CB and Safety had angles on him and he kept pulling away. That was impressive to see, especially after seeing him run through tackles and spin around defenders. He still amazes the heck outta me. SMH

Oh and what is DW's 40 time? TIA

BoulderSooner79
10/9/2011, 08:15 AM
When Stoops was comparing Whaley's stats to AD's, he put Whaley at 4.40 in the 40 and AD at 4.37.

The other guy that was fast was Whittaker. Not just the KO return, but that first sweep when he fooled Flemming. He looked like the only player on their offense that belonged on the field with us.

AceSooner
10/9/2011, 08:20 AM
On that run I jumped up off my couch and screamed he was "pulling away" from CB and Safety and my buddy said NO he just
"pulled aWhaley!!" Alcohol involved, it was funny. Great day yesterday. Dom impresses me more and more and I have no problem with him in there with the majority of touches. Williams looks fast, but he coughed up the ball on his third touch I think? Just young.

Pricetag
10/9/2011, 08:27 AM
Williams took a pretty vicious helmet to helmet shot on his fumble.

I love Whaley. It's so obvious how badly he wants it on every play. Even his long run, he was pumping those arms and running as hard as he could all the way to the goal line, regardless of the fact that there was no one within five yards of him.

cleller
10/9/2011, 08:31 AM
He's fast becoming a Demarco Murray type. He's just so dang reliable, you feel like you should't take him off the field, no matter how flashy the next guy is.

budbarrybob
10/9/2011, 08:34 AM
He's fast becoming a Demarco Murray type. He's just so dang reliable, you feel like you should't take him off the field, no matter how flashy the next guy is.

^^This right here!

CrimsonRez
10/9/2011, 08:54 AM
D. Whaley for Offensive Coordinator!!!

BoulderSooner79
10/9/2011, 08:57 AM
That was a nasty helmet to helmet hit that Williams took and it dazed him and caused the fumble. They had to look at both players on the sideline after that one. Hope he didn't sustain a concussion because we are getting thin at RB.

GottaHavePride
10/9/2011, 08:59 AM
http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/cnishared/tools/shared/mediahub/07/22/00/slideshow_1002274285_RBB_Texas_VS_OU_26.jpg

From the fark board...

dennis580
10/9/2011, 09:09 AM
Yea Whaley looked like AD the way he just turned on the jets after he got in the open field.

limey_sooner
10/9/2011, 09:10 AM
Whaley is fast but what impresses me most about him is the way he punishes anyone trying to tackle him. Just kind of explodes into them.

IronHorseSooner
10/9/2011, 09:10 AM
According to the ESPN article on him, his 40 time is 4.39!

btb916
10/9/2011, 09:33 AM

#7 to #8

Keller Sooner
10/9/2011, 10:25 AM
Whaley is SEC fast! A horn golfing buddy called me last night and said "How does OU get walk-on players that can run that fast?" :smile:

IronHorseSooner
10/9/2011, 10:28 AM
Whaley is SEC fast! A horn golfing buddy called me last night and said "How does OU get walk-on players that can run that fast?" :smile:

He'll never be SEC fast, no matter if he could run a 4.2 and go through a wall! (OMG, SEC, SEC,SEC!!!)

PS, that was sarcasm

OUmillenium
10/9/2011, 10:30 AM
loved whaleys long run, great for him. i agree that he ponds guys who try to taxkle him. physical + fast + desire = winning

StoopTroup
10/9/2011, 10:58 AM
loved whaleys long run, great for him. i agree that he ponds guys who try to taxkle him. physical + fast + desire = winning

http://www.beautyfornormalwomen.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Ponds-Beauty-Cream.jpg

EatLeadCommie
10/9/2011, 11:25 AM
Whaley's run was awesome, but it looked even better on TV, especially the speed with which he hit that corner. From my seat in the EZ though, there was nobody ever near him. It was like Moses and the Red Sea on that play.

Fozzy Whitaker has always been fast, but inhibited by injuries. I remember watching him as a freshman and thinking he was the fastest guy on the UT offense.

And the Monroe return was ridiculous. One minute he looked to be lost in a sea of tacklers (and he would've been without the penalty), and the next he was out of the hole and five yards ahead of everybody else, pulling away quickly.

Okie35
10/9/2011, 12:10 PM
Whaley is fast but what impresses me most about him is the way he punishes anyone trying to tackle him. Just kind of explodes into them.

That, the fact he doesn't fumble even when he's hit hard, and that he can break tackles because his motor is high.

SoonerObsession
10/9/2011, 12:27 PM
Dom is deceptively fast in my opinion. There's something about his style that does not appear like a speedster, but he just leaves people. It almost seems like he's a heel-toe runner.

OUmillenium
10/9/2011, 07:00 PM
big stride

MR2-Sooner86
10/9/2011, 07:52 PM

What I saw yesterday from Whaley reminded me of that run from Murray.

Wasn't Murray a 4.4 when he got here? I never believed that as that run on Texas in '07 he flat out blew their damn doors off. Before his first injury he seemed stupid fast like Peterson.