PDA

View Full Version : I swear if ESPiN/AP/Media don't give us the same love for beating *...

IronHorseSooner
10/9/2011, 02:27 AM
as they did when 'Bama and LSU beat a comparable FLA team, then I am going to have an Lewis Black-style aneurism! I feel like the guys just ought to go Conan on the rest of their opponents, and just lay waste! :tyrannosaurus:

colleyvillesooner
10/9/2011, 06:40 AM
Already heard it multiple places. OU's win just showed how weak Texas schedule was. Bama and LSU played another tough SEC team. Florida will still Be ranked with 2 losses. the CBS post game show is enough to make any non SEC fan want to vomit. We have no chance against these monsters you guys. No chance. :beaten:

BoulderSooner79
10/9/2011, 07:35 AM
Doesn't the first BCS poll get published this week? It sort of puts those other voices in the background. It will be interesting to see how the computer formulas pan out - FSU and Mizzou are not helping us any. The horns will be the biggest SOS win at this early point.

limey_sooner
10/9/2011, 07:44 AM
Can't see that it matters. I can't see an undefeated OU being ranked below an undefeated Boise St., an undefeated stanford, or an undefeated wisconsin at the end of year. OU goes to the championship game if they win out in my opinion.

kevpks
10/9/2011, 08:03 AM
I feel like the guys just ought to go Conan on the rest of their opponents, and just lay waste! :tyrannosaurus:

Conan! What is best in life?

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."

tulsaoilerfan
10/9/2011, 12:46 PM
Florida is still living off the Timmy Tebowner era; they are not even a top 25 program IMO

BigTip
10/9/2011, 12:52 PM
. OU goes to the championship game if they win out in my opinion.

I disagree, just based on all the crap I am seeing. If we barely beat the rest of our schedule, and then those teams end up tanking, ala FSU and Mizzou, then we might be in trouble. That's why I keep rooting against all the unbeatens just to be sure.

There are disadvantages to not having a league championship game.

jk the sooner fan
10/9/2011, 01:11 PM
Already heard it multiple places. OU's win just showed how weak Texas schedule was. Bama and LSU played another tough SEC team. Florida will still Be ranked with 2 losses. the CBS post game show is enough to make any non SEC fan want to vomit. We have no chance against these monsters you guys. No chance. :beaten:

its true though - texas played rice...nuff said.....then played byu and BARELY beat them in their own stadium........then played UCLA who lost to Houston.....ok, we'll give them a beating of Iowa State

i dont think we can count texas as a quality win.....which is both sad and funny (as hell) at the same time - we just barely scored more points against ball state

zandozan
10/9/2011, 01:14 PM
You won't hear the national media give us equal props for beating Texas because to do so would require them to remove their lips from the SEC's caulk.

Sooner02
10/9/2011, 01:16 PM
Hell just crown the winner of Alabama/LSU the national champion and be done with it.

Sooner02
10/9/2011, 01:18 PM
It's amazing, we've beaten a #5, #11/10 teams and have yet to play a probably top5 team later on including two more top25's. Yet our schedule just can't match up to the might sec teams'. All the teams we've beaten just HAD to have been overrated, all of them!

C&CDean
10/9/2011, 01:18 PM
Quit whining. Who gives a **** what the media says right now? We keep playing like we did Saturday and it won't matter.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/9/2011, 01:23 PM
Beating Arkansas nor Florida is an accomplishment. Neither is blowing them out. Not this particular year.

Sooner02
10/9/2011, 01:26 PM
It's not whining to point out the blatant and obvious bias against Oklahoma in sports media poll. Alabama wasn't exactly lighting it up against Vanderbilt, it was 7-0 still right before halftime.

C&CDean
10/9/2011, 01:29 PM
It is whining. Who cares what those cockmunchers say this time of year? As long as our team takes care of business on the field, we'll all be buying those crappy collectibles from the mail order folks honoring national championship #8.

The play of our team is what it's all about right now, not what the talking heads are saying.

SoonerMom2
10/9/2011, 02:08 PM
The AP is untrustworthy most of the time and is biased on almost everything and sports is no different. They went from being a fairly trusted source to one you had better check for another source. I run a blog and won't use AP unless I can get two more sources. ESPN has pushed the SEC to the stage that people think their schools are the best even when they are not. ESPN has become way too powerful and some other media are downright lazy.

Iam4OUru
10/9/2011, 02:22 PM
I will bet anything that an unbeaten OU will finish in the top 2 in the BS Poll prior to bowl season. That will put them in the national title game. Lest we forget who the #1 pre-season team was in the only poll that counts...the Coaches? Believe what you want, but, that still carries some weight.

Iam4OUru
10/9/2011, 02:29 PM

Gaytorless

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/polls/ap/#ixzz1aJEscTrd

Like you, I am surprised.

badger
10/9/2011, 02:33 PM
Quit whining. Who gives a **** what the media says right now? We keep playing like we did Saturday and it won't matter.

I agree with the fellow Packer fan. However, the Brewers are still going to beat your NON-DIVISIONAL-WINNER Cardinals. And not just because our pitcher apparently doesn't do silly things like talk to hitters during games :P

MyT Oklahoma
10/9/2011, 02:34 PM
It is what it is. Just win out and we will be in New Orleans in January.

LRoss
10/9/2011, 06:25 PM
Playing for "respect" or "love" or impressing anybody is a losers game that nobody ever wins. And it doesn't matter.

It's like the sports talk radio callers who are upset that after their team wins a championship they still don't get enough respect. Who cares? There's no trophy for respect. Win and let whoever say whatever while you celebrate the victory.

soonerhubs
10/9/2011, 06:33 PM
I just want to say the logic of this Rosetta "writer" is ****ed up: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/10/09/college.footbal.poll.week7.ap/index.html?sct=cf_t2_a3

Why doesn't this ****** bag just admit he's trying to make LSU's and Bama's schedule look that much better?

Iam4OUru
10/9/2011, 06:40 PM
I just want to say the logic of this Rosetta "writer" is ****ed up: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/10/09/college.footbal.poll.week7.ap/index.html?sct=cf_t2_a3

Why doesn't this ****** bag just admit he's trying to make LSU's and Bama's schedule look that much better?

It's been pretty obviOUs for about 3 weeks now. First LSU jumps OU, then Bammer does likewise. It was apparent they were trying to set up a 1-2 matchup. Let them have their lil battle of unbeatens in early Nov. I hate LSU with a passion, but, I kinda hope they beat Bamer 'cause Ar-Kansas has LSU's number and has the team this year to win.

unbiasedtruth
10/9/2011, 07:37 PM
and they also want 2 unbeatens playing the 1st Sat in December for all the Big XII marbles.....

Sabanball
10/9/2011, 07:40 PM
What a joke. Did you guys pay off Bayless? He is practically basically saying you guys are in a league by yourself above Bama/LSU and may get robbed of a BCS CG birth....LOL

soonerhubs
10/9/2011, 08:05 PM
What a joke. Did you guys pay off Bayless? He is practically basically saying you guys are in a league by yourself above Bama/LSU and may get robbed of a BCS CG birth....LOL

He keeps talking like that, and he may soon be working for FoxSports. ;)