PDA

View Full Version : Interesting comparisons in next weeks games

BoulderSooner79
10/8/2011, 11:42 PM
We swap opponents with OSU - we play KU and they travel to Austin. There is probably not much to glean from each team playing KU. We should dominate KU even if we are not at our best. But the Poke/Horn contest could be interesting. I can't see the OSU D doing what we did today and that could impact the effectiveness of the OSU offense. The wildcard could be if the horns quit on the coaches like they did last year after taking a physical beating.

Blue
10/8/2011, 11:45 PM
I see osu beatin ut by 20+. We beat Ku something like 52-10.

btb916
10/8/2011, 11:48 PM
I think Texas is better than they looked today, but I don't know if they are good enough to beat OSU. Seems to me there is no in-fighting within the coaching ranks this year, and because of that I think the program is a lot healthier than last year. So I doubt they give up like last year. But OSU looks very dangerous and most likely will come away with a win.

I will say again that KU basically needs to forfeit next week. It is a little unreasonable to expect the offensive display OSU gave today, but I think it's very reasonable to give up less than 28 points. Much less.

Zin
10/8/2011, 11:52 PM
texas will not stop OSUs offense, but their offense will do much better than they did against us. Look for something in the range of 42-30.

BoulderSooner79
10/8/2011, 11:59 PM
I think Texas is better than they looked today, but I don't know if they are good enough to beat OSU. Seems to me there is no in-fighting within the coaching ranks this year, and because of that I think the program is a lot healthier than last year. So I doubt they give up like last year. But OSU looks very dangerous and most likely will come away with a win.

I will say again that KU basically needs to forfeit next week. It is a little unreasonable to expect the offensive display OSU gave today, but I think it's very reasonable to give up less than 28 points. Much less.

I expect OSU to win handily as well, but will be interested to watch the UT offense against the OSU defense. Both Brown and Whittaker look like pretty good backs and I expect them to have more success running than against us. They'll try to play keep away, but I don't expect they'll get the W.

I can't really fault the pokes for the 28 points. They were up 56-7 at half and 70-14 in the 4th, so all but the first 7 were garbage points. But they did give up a lot of yards. I figure we'll give up less points, but Stoops doesn't seem to put the same emphasis trying to get a shutout like the SEC teams seem to do.

Okie35
10/9/2011, 12:10 AM
texas will not stop OSUs offense, but their offense will do much better than they did against us. Look for something in the range of 42-30.

Sounds about right.

btb916
10/9/2011, 12:11 AM
Yeah the game was out of hand so fast it's easy to lose focus.

But OSU is not getting good experience on defense this year and it's going to come back to haunt them at some point.