PDA

View Full Version : manny diaz

SoonerNutt
10/8/2011, 11:29 PM
Sold out to stop the run, and sold out his average cb's in man coverage. Against broyles and stills, that was dumb.

Somebody posted earlier that his MO in the sec was that giving up big plays wouldn't give him pause to recalibrate his plan, and that seemed to hold true today. About the only thing that helped him out was us dropping passes plus penalties bringing back some big plays.

Of course, 3 defensive TDs didn't help him, but his game plan was doomed to fail, especially once it was obvious they could rarely get close to Landry, even with blitzes.

Blue
10/8/2011, 11:37 PM
The only way to stop this Off is to rattle Landry and take away his outs (screens and dumps). LSU and Bama can do this if our Oline doesnt step up. I think they will though.

And our D can handle Lee and McCarron.

boomersooner28
10/8/2011, 11:38 PM
...got his *** toasted.

BoulderSooner79
10/8/2011, 11:48 PM
I was actually wondering how we would play the 2nd half today. The game was already decided and naturally we would love to run the ball. But the horns were playing so aggressive to stop the run and the shorter throws, they were leaving the big plays open. I didn't know if we would keep firing away and take what they gave us - the long stuff. But the defense kept stealing the ball and scoring and robbed the offense of possessions, so we didn't find out :) I was surprised that we just did a bunch of short passing stuff when B. Williams came in early in the 4th. That almost looked like a scrimmage drill and I wondered if Josh was upset with execution of the short game and trying to get in some practice.

finster
10/8/2011, 11:59 PM
Infuses youth and aggression into Texas football.
Clap,Clap,Clap, Spittle,GAG,more spittle x3.

Blue
10/9/2011, 01:07 AM
Yeah well, It was game 7 of the World Series and Diaz threw an inside curve and I jacked it over the Green Monster so......

http://poptop12.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/kristen-wiig-as-penelope-snl-kristen-wiig-323107_1024_768.jpg

Alright Im going to bed. Happy texas beatdown.

ashley
10/9/2011, 07:19 AM
If he continues to send 6 or 7 and play man free OSU is going to kick their ***.

UTgradOUfan
10/9/2011, 07:54 AM
If he continues to send 6 or 7 and play man free OSU is going to kick their ***.

Yes, absolutely
Manny Diaz didn't
The Pokes will score at will next week and Tech may very likely do the same.

SoonerMom2
10/9/2011, 09:21 AM
ESPN last night was finally on the Sooner bandwagon. Several were not even sure if AL or LSU could beat us because we have so many excellent receivers and Whaley is like a big receiver. After all week of TX is back, they couldn't say enough about how good the Sooners were. When one of them said FL is not very good this year I cracked up.

bluedogok
10/9/2011, 09:28 AM
The SEC man-to-man defense works great if you have the athletes and they are disciplined enough to maintain their assignments. The reality is there just aren't that many who fit the mold of that kind of player and is the reason that most teams play mostly zone. Smart coaches don't let their philosophy get in the way of performance and they adapt until they can get the type of players they need to run their philosophy.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/9/2011, 09:36 AM
To me on both sides of the ball, it seemed the coaching staff from texas more interested in practicing their offense and defense than winning the game..Their play calling on either side didn't waiver any, even when the game got out of hand..

ashley
10/9/2011, 12:55 PM
It is ok to blitz and run man free behind it in the sec because it is not a throwing league. Welcome to Big whatever.

Sooner_Tuf
10/9/2011, 01:10 PM
I was actually wondering how we would play the 2nd half today. The game was already decided and naturally we would love to run the ball. But the horns were playing so aggressive to stop the run and the shorter throws, they were leaving the big plays open. I didn't know if we would keep firing away and take what they gave us - the long stuff. But the defense kept stealing the ball and scoring and robbed the offense of possessions, so we didn't find out :) I was surprised that we just did a bunch of short passing stuff when B. Williams came in early in the 4th. That almost looked like a scrimmage drill and I wondered if Josh was upset with execution of the short game and trying to get in some practice.

Our D limited our time of possession to 22 minutes. Texas had the ball for 37+ minutes. It could have been worse, much worse.