PDA

View Full Version : Rece Davis Quote on Gameday Final

Blue
10/8/2011, 11:09 PM
"Texas might have made some concessions and they might be in the same conference as Oklahoma, but they're not in the same league."

Love it.

3rdgensooner
10/8/2011, 11:11 PM
Caught that, loved it.

I posted this in the headlines thread but it fits here as well:

Oklahoma gives Texas much-needed beating (http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/10/08/11/Oklahoma-gives-Texas-much-needed-beating/landing_big12.html?blockID=577844&feedID=4519)

Excerpt:

ALLAS — Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops accomplished with verve what university president David Boren tried and failed to do. He slapped a little much-needed humility into the University of Texas football program — which recently has become confused about what it actually means to be great — with a good butt-whupping Saturday at The Cotton Bowl.

No. 3 Oklahoma 55, No. 11 Texas 17.

Actually, OU's offense 34, OU's defense 21, Texas 17.

Woodshed.

Hint, Longhorns: Greatness usually is defined in 100-yard tests in football, not in Longhorn Networks or sizes of cash piles, no matter how many bravado-laden sound bites your AD delivers to the contrary.

So Saturday was about more than the 106th playing of the Red River Shootout. It was about more than Oklahoma wanting to beat its rival, or protect its spot in the rankings, or add to quarterback Landry Jones' Heisman Trophy resume.

Chiliman
10/9/2011, 09:54 AM
Great stuff!

Jacie
10/9/2011, 10:51 AM
That quote was worth staying up late to hear.

Sooner Eclipse
10/9/2011, 11:09 AM
Awesome quote by Rece.

Speaking of Gameday Final, did anyone see the hit by the Bama player on the Vandy quarterback. Was that not a perfect example of leading with the helmet. They keep praising it as a great hit.... do. not. get. it.

jumperstop
10/9/2011, 11:17 AM
Awesome quote by Rece.

Speaking of Gameday Final, did anyone see the hit by the Bama player on the Vandy quarterback. Was that not a perfect example of leading with the helmet. They keep praising it as a great hit.... do. not. get. it.

That's all I could think. They've done that a couple times this year. They hit hard at Bama and Lsu, but it's dirty a lot of times. It's an SEC thing I assume.

Okie35
10/9/2011, 12:14 PM
Rece is always giving OU props. He's the only guy on there I like.