PDA

View Full Version : Can Somebody we beat win a damn game?

Sooner in Tampa
10/8/2011, 07:00 PM
Thank you FSU for taking ALL the shine off of our game!!!!

You dumb bastards can't get out of your own way...****!!!!!

Every week our win looks less and less impressive...What's matter...do you have no heart?

It ain't looking good for sexaT next week either...dammit

thecrimsoncrusader
10/8/2011, 07:03 PM
FSU keeps turning the ball over. Annoying and both their last two loses were by about 10 points combined.

mdklatt
10/8/2011, 07:04 PM
Thank you FSU for taking ALL the shine off of our game!!!!

You dumb bastards can't get out of your own way...****!!!!!

Is their starting QB still out? Not that I think he's all that great, but that might make a difference in the ACC.

Sooner in Tampa
10/8/2011, 07:06 PM
Is their starting QB still out? Not that I think he's all that great, but that might make a difference in the ACC.
Manual was ready...they went with Tricket...or whatever the **** his name is...E.J. came in for him in relief...they just flat out SUCK...they lost to Wake Forest

****ing pussies

mdklatt
10/8/2011, 07:13 PM
Manual was ready...they went with Tricket...or whatever the **** his name is...E.J. came in for him in relief...they just flat out SUCK...they lost to Wake Forest

****ing pussies

I don't know why people thought they would good this year. Getting a lot of your starters back is only a good thing if your starters didn't suck the year before.

Widescreen
10/8/2011, 07:39 PM
I felt the night we played them and I still feel that their home crowd had more to do with our offensive struggles than the team did.

Wishboned
10/8/2011, 07:41 PM
We beat them up so bad that we ruined them for the rest of the season.

soonergirlNeugene
10/8/2011, 08:16 PM
It's going to be really sad if same season we schedule FSU, that K-State actually winds up being referenced in a positive way for a SoS argument.

SoonerMom2
10/8/2011, 08:46 PM

Exactly! They had nine players that couldn't practice after our beat down. Think the win was more then just physical but also mental because they thought they were going to beat us and pay us back and that didn't happen.

Widescreen
10/8/2011, 08:48 PM
The saddest part of this is that we still haven't played anyone with a pulse.

;)

MyT Oklahoma
10/8/2011, 08:51 PM
It is what it is. FSU sucks.

Jacie
10/8/2011, 08:52 PM
I don't know why people thought they would good this year. Getting a lot of your starters back is only a good thing if your starters didn't suck the year before.

Because after the beatdown in Norman last year they went on a 5-game winning streak (including 31-0 over . . . Wake Forest) and finished 9-4 overall. The preseason Top 10 ranking was more for television ratings for their game with OU than deserves but deserves got nothing to do with it . . .

EatLeadCommie
10/8/2011, 09:14 PM
I think it's pretty obvious that they blew their wad against us. Wasn't surprised at all that they lost to Clemson on the road afterwards, but with a week to get their act together and with an unintimidating road game at Wake (playing in Winston-Salem is like playing in Waco), I expected them to beat my Demon Deacons. The Deacs get pretty fired up against FSU though. They have a lot of Florida boys on that team with chips on their shoulder.

Since FSU has come back down to earth as a program, the scores in the series have been

2004 FSU 20-17
2005 FSU 41-24
2006 WFU 30-0 (worst home loss ever for FSU)
2007 WFU 24-21
2008 WFU 12-3
2009 FSU 41-28
2010 FSU 31-0
2011 WFU 35-30

For what it's worth, Wake, though with some serious flaws, is much improved over last year's pathetic, defenseless squad. If they hadn't completely crapped the bed against Syracuse late, they'd be 4-0 now.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/8/2011, 09:25 PM

****ing pussies

This...bottom line is FSU isn't that good and they put too much hope and stock into the OU game..they were in no way ready to face life after a loss

BlownGP
10/8/2011, 09:31 PM
Could be worse, we could have lost to FSU and looked really bad even after winning today.

Okie35
10/8/2011, 09:34 PM
Nope because usually we physically dominate the teams. FSU got a ton of players hurt after we played them. None of this matters though. Just win.

SoonerInLubbock
10/8/2011, 09:39 PM
This...bottom line is FSU isn't that good and they put too much hope and stock into the OU game..they were in no way ready to face life after a loss

I remember hearing talk before OUr game vs fsu that if the noles lost to us and were able to win the rest, they may have a shot at a NC. They still had a little clout even after we beat them. Not so much now. Seems they just gave up. Sad. No heart.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/8/2011, 09:40 PM
Yeah, the more I read their comments before the game that I kind of saw this coming..That was their BCS game..You should never put that much stock in any game,especially that early

Okie35
10/8/2011, 09:42 PM
Yeah, the more I read their comments before the game that I kind of saw this coming..That was their BCS game..You should never put that much stock in any game,especially that early

Yea they put everything they had into that game and about 5 key ppl got injured too. FSU has no run game as well.

cccasooner2
10/8/2011, 10:22 PM
Temple crushed Ball State 42-0.

the_edge
10/8/2011, 10:51 PM
Our win over FSU this year is kind of reminding me of the win over Alabama in 2003. We won a hard-fought game against them 20-13, and then they finished the season with a 4-9 record.

btb916
10/8/2011, 10:57 PM

Honestly I think this is true.

FSU is a shell of the team they were when we played them. Anyone who looks at the team trotting out on the field now as the same team is lying to themselves. FSU was ranked 5, playing at home, and they had a TON of confidence going into our game. And we just shattered their bodies and dreams.

Our win does not look one bit worse to me because they suck now. It looks that much better.

Mazeppa
10/8/2011, 11:31 PM
I don't know why people thought they would good this year.

I thought they would bad this year.

Sirus
10/9/2011, 05:30 AM
It won't matter as long as we win out. Bama and Lsu play each other.

colleyvillesooner
10/9/2011, 06:43 AM
Not necessarily. They play nov 5. Loser falls to 4-5. One of OSU-OU has to lose. Gives them 3 weeks to creep back up and jump someone to #2 for a rematch in N.O. What you need is whoever wins to win big to drop the losers poll numbers.

Widescreen
10/9/2011, 09:43 AM
Not necessarily. They play nov 5. Loser falls to 4-5. One of OSU-OU has to lose. Gives them 3 weeks to creep back up and jump someone to #2 for a rematch in N.O. What you need is whoever wins to win big to drop the losers poll numbers.
I'm not seeing a 1 loss SEC team jumping an undefeated OU team. You get dinged in the BCS ranking for each loss and I don't think they would be able to make it up in the polls.

PLaw
10/9/2011, 10:05 AM

^^^THIS^^^^

We stole their swag, knocked out their QB, and pillaged their women.

BOOMER

tooslow
10/9/2011, 10:07 AM
I can see Texas losing 2-3 more games this year. It's also possible that our only game against a quality opponent will be in Stoolwater. As of right now, we are in great shape. The only schools that matter whose schedule rank higher, as of today, are LSU and Boise. Boise's schedule ranking will definitely drop, though not as bad as in previous years. I'm not worried about them at all. LSU has the easiest path, and could get back in the mix quick with a close loss (human voters wouldn't drop them as much) to Bama. If we, or any other BCS Conf team finishes undefeated, LSU is out.

While this is fun to speculate on, there's still way too much time left before worrying about our schedule. I'm more concerned with our players mindset going into the Kansas game. Based on what Okie Light did to Kansas, will they just, "show up?" Anything less than a total *** kicking will give some voters a reason to change their minds.

SunnySooner
10/9/2011, 10:37 AM
We are literally beating the hell out of everyone we play, leaving them mere shells of their former selves, a bruised and battered shadow of the team that faced the crimson and cream. Srsly. I feel sorry for some of those guys in the other jerseys. This D seems to be on a crusade this year, and bringing the pain is objective one. We put the 'OU' in "OUch"!! ;) :biggrin:

vtsooner21
10/9/2011, 10:49 AM
Wishboned- You called that dead-on! Absolutely no team has been the same after the Sooner Storm hit..

Boomer