PDA

View Full Version : Tech Gives A&M a Parting Gift

Wishboned
10/8/2011, 06:42 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-t25-texasam-busesvandalized

LUBBOCK, Texas (AP)—Texas A&M’s team buses were vandalized before the Aggies played Texas Tech, with drivers finding manure inside and outside the four vehicles.

Texas A&M athletic director Bill Byrne said Saturday manure went “from one end to the other” inside one bus that couldn’t be locked. The others had manure along the exterior. He tweeted that the outside of all the buses had vulgarities “spray painted” on them.

“Classy,” ended his first tweet.

It wasn’t immediately clear why vandals targeted Texas A&M, though the Aggies are planning to leave the Big 12 after this school year for the SEC.

The team was accompanied by school security and a Texas Department of Public Safety trooper and no official report was made to the agency, an email from Aggies spokesman Brad Marquardt said.

Texas Tech athletic director Kirby Hocutt called the vandalism “unfortunate” and that it doesn’t “represent who we are as a group.”

The Red Raiders play the No. 24 Aggies Saturday night.

soonerinabilene
10/8/2011, 06:47 PM
It wasn’t immediately clear why vandals targeted Texas A&M,

Really?

mdklatt
10/8/2011, 06:51 PM
"It wasn’t immediately clear why vandals targeted Texas A&M"

- Inspector Jacques Clouseau, Lubbock PD

mdklatt
10/8/2011, 06:53 PM
Here's what we need to do in two weeks. During the Pride pre-game show, take the A&M flag that the flag corps marches with and burn it on the 50.

Jacie
10/8/2011, 07:21 PM
Here's what we need to do in two weeks. During the Pride pre-game show, take the A&M flag that the flag corps marches with and burn it on the 50.

Do we really have to burn it on the field? Couldn't we just cut it up into little pieces or something? Or maybe make a point of spreading it out on the ramp just before the team comes out? Oh I know, tie it to a rope and drag it behind the schooner for the entire game.

okierider
10/8/2011, 09:33 PM
nope just hang 75 points on them and send them to the suc!!!!

SicEmBaylor
10/8/2011, 09:42 PM
Do we really have to burn it on the field? Couldn't we just cut it up into little pieces or something? Or maybe make a point of spreading it out on the ramp just before the team comes out? Oh I know, tie it to a rope and drag it behind the schooner for the entire game.

The better idea is to simply "dip" the flag allowing it to touch the ground the entire distance. That would **** them off more than anything.

mdklatt
10/8/2011, 09:45 PM
Do we really have to burn it on the field?

Let the twirler do something to it with her triple action flaming batons.

mdklatt
10/8/2011, 09:46 PM
The better idea is to simply "dip" the flag allowing it to touch the ground the entire distance. That would **** them off more than anything.

WINNAR

Sooner_Tuf
10/8/2011, 09:48 PM
Tech is giving them a gift of their first conference win on the field. 45-33 aTm less than a minute remaining but Tech is driving.

badger
10/8/2011, 09:56 PM

Or we can take someone's pet collie, put it in A&M gear and instruct it to roll over. The maroon A&M gear touching the ground would send them into a furious uproar... and if any of them are stupid enough to think we hijacked Reveille, we'll see their heads explode.

SoonerInLubbock
10/8/2011, 10:05 PM
Tech fans are classless. It's that simple. They don't really know the game of football. They destroy their own stadium when the beat saxet a few years ago (i still find that special). They were booing tonight every time the aggies had an injury and from what I could tell most of which were legit. And now vandalizing busses. Meh I've learned to really hate these idiots.

Landthief 1972
10/8/2011, 10:06 PM
A&M nearly blew a big lead for the 3rd week in a row.

trwxxa
10/8/2011, 10:09 PM
I hope it wasn't a bus from some local charter company, though that would not surprise me considering it's Lubbock.

badger
10/8/2011, 10:15 PM
It amazed me when I visited sand country that they wouldn't have higher attendance for football. they simply didn't care, even when Mikey was taking them bowling every year. The only time I really some em fired up was the miracle against UT (thanks again for the Big 12 and nat'l title berths, Tech!)

I really don't mind Tech losing for the same reason I don't mind KU losing, even if it's better for us for our top Big 12 competition to lose before meeting us: They let our ex-Sooner assistants go in a bad way. So lose, Tech and KU. You deserve it for the way you treated Leach and Mangino!

bluedogok
10/8/2011, 10:22 PM
Tech fans are classless. It's that simple. They don't really know the game of football. They destroy their own stadium when the beat saxet a few years ago (i still find that special). They were booing tonight every time the aggies had an injury and from what I could tell most of which were legit. And now vandalizing busses. Meh I've learned to really hate these idiots.
My wife was asking why they were booing and I told her that was because of the history that A&M has in faking injuries to slow down the no huddle.

She went to Tech in the era when they didn't win much, so her expectations are pretty low for them. She is not too enamored with many of the fan actions up there in recent years.