PDA

View Full Version : Perennially...

Indy Sooner
10/8/2011, 05:31 PM
the worst kickoff coverage in America. New players, same results...I just don't understand. It was probably the only negative (possible injuries excluded) all day.

BoulderSooner79
10/8/2011, 05:33 PM
Fill up that half empty glass with a fine brew, my friend.

oumartin
10/8/2011, 05:34 PM
We need Jonathan Hayes back is all

the_edge
10/8/2011, 05:35 PM
Thankfully we have Tress Way, otherwise the kicking game as a whole would be, ugh, I don't even want to think about it. :tongue:

mdklatt
10/8/2011, 05:49 PM
If you don't run at least one back against us you should think about firing your special teams coach.

At least with Hunnicutt I don't feel like at least one missed FG per game is a given. During the game they said that Stevens was out due to an injury?? I just thought he got benched.

owenfield2003
10/8/2011, 06:15 PM
I'd like to see what % are returned against ou on kickoff. I'd bet that it was consistent with most teams. We just feel like we are below average on special teams, when we probably just have more kickoffs than average.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/8/2011, 06:21 PM
Not sure why, but if Millard or RLewis get blocked we are in trouble. I guess a lot of it has to do with us overloading the outside and letting them have the middle lanes. On the runback, they got away with a block in the back of Lewis and Millard got pinned by 3 guys. Corey Nelson got smoked (I mean laid out) and the lane was open.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/8/2011, 06:22 PM
I'd like to see what % are returned against ou on kickoff. I'd bet that it was consistent with most teams. We just feel like we are below average on special teams, when we probably just have more kickoffs than average.

We tend to be in tops of the country year in/year out in avg return yardage. We just give up the big one in between a lot of 10 and 15 yard returns.

setem
10/8/2011, 06:23 PM
BOOO HOOO HOO! We got held on both of the returns but only one got called!

achiro
10/8/2011, 06:25 PM
When the guy that has position gets blocked in the back it opens a hole for the runback to happen. I'm not worried about the special teams like I was two years ago.