PDA

View Full Version : Whornfans 2011 - more of a reality check than a meltdown

Jacie
10/8/2011, 05:08 PM
from thread Your thoughts

Another year. A slightly different set of excuses.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow ... I'm surprised by the optimism on this thread.

I didn't see a single positive out of this team today ... NOT ONE! Poor execution, play calling, tackling blocking ... it reminded me alot of last years team.

6-6 looks about right ... we beat KU and somebody else ... not sure who ... maybe tech.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I think whats really worrisome is that the Texas WR, O-line and secondary are probably among the worst in the conference, maybe even in all of college football.
OU D was just too much for the O to handle! And the secondary couldn't cover an 80 year old on crutches. Landry Jones could have hit him for 15+ yard gains against the Texas secondary.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Harsin went full on Greg Davis today.

The team has heart. Unfortunately I don't think they have much else at the moment.

I still don't understand how the hell we got into this position in the first place though.

I don't there is much overreaction here to the fact that we lost to ou for third time since 2000 by a larger margin than we have ever beaten them.

from thread Never In My Wildest Dreams...

Did I think our defensive secondary would get total exposed. Landry Jones performed surgery out there!

from thread Going Forward: CASE / ASH / BOTH?

Both of them looked way over their heads today.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Arm strength doesn't do anything for you if you are running for your life.

Okie35
10/8/2011, 05:10 PM
My friend that's a * fan said "OU owns Texas" that made the win so much sweeter because he finally swallowed his pride.

MyT Oklahoma
10/8/2011, 05:13 PM
It is what it is. * sucks!

the_edge
10/8/2011, 05:15 PM
from thread Your thoughts

I still don't understand how the hell we got into this position in the first place though.

It's called having a LOT of recruiting busts in a short period of time. Maybe they should actually evaluate recruits rather than just offer whoever Geoff Ketchum says is a five-star prospect.

bluedogok
10/8/2011, 05:18 PM
I guess my Whorn fan friends are a bit more realistic, most this week hope that it stayed a close game but were afraid a blowout was more than a realistic possibility.

tulsaoilerfan
10/8/2011, 05:26 PM
Mack may get pushed out if they don't have a winning record this year